Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Nov 17 2003
By: DeathTidus21~ Uncharted Territory 1476 posts

CTB or ATB?

14 replies 3 views Edited Nov 17, 2003
Did you like the CTB from FFX? Or the traditional ATB?
Message 1 of 15 (3 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1230 posts

Re: CTB or ATB?

Nov 17, 2003

I like the ATB more actually because it feels more like a battle. I mean, if you get in a fight, your not just going to stand there till your enemy does a turn, then you.....

I like the KH battle system, it was more realistic and cool (^.^)

GAP member
Message 2 of 15 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10152 posts

Nov 17, 2003

,DeathTidus21 wrote:

I definately preferred the ATB over the CTB. Let's face it, being able to see 7 or so turns into the future is not only illogical, but it totally underminds the gameplay. With the ATB there was some sense of strategy. With the CTB, you practically had every move laid out in front of you.
-I know nothing-
Message 3 of 15 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3010 posts

Nov 17, 2003

I'm probably alone here but I like the battle system from FFX. Yeah it's not realistic but neither is a lot of things in the FF world.

The battle system in FFX uses more strategy and thought, and that's what I like about it.

But for example, the battle system in FFX-2 isn't that realistic either because ppl are getting hurt while you're picking out commands. That's not realistic either. Nobody takes a full 3-4 seconds to decide what to do meanwhile your friend is getting beat up.  At least in FFX you could take your time and think it through and nobody gets hurt while you're deciding.

Also, in FFX-2's battle system, you don't have time to really notice what you're doing and the results of it. Also, you don't have time to enjoy the different costumes cause while you're trying to pick out a costume, your team is getting beaten up. And when you have a costume on, you don't have time to really look at the girls and their costumes because everything is so frantic.

Message 4 of 15 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4249 posts

Nov 17, 2003

The Reason FFX was so easy was the CTB, you just have to be stratigic to win every battle.
But FF7 and 8 were good because you had to be stratigic and Fast at the same time!

Message 5 of 15 (3 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1042 posts

Nov 17, 2003

,Zell_Rocks wrote:

The Reason FFX was so easy was the CTB, you just have to be stratigic to win every battle.
But FF7 and 8 were good because you had to be stratigic and Fast at the same time!

in ff7 you had a choice in the battle for it to "wait" or "active". so when you were selecting an action no one would attack you. so technically isn't that like CTB?
Message 6 of 15 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7838 posts

Nov 17, 2003

,funky-fresh-dud wrote:

,DeathTidus21 wrote:

I definately preferred the ATB over the CTB. Let's face it, being able to see 7 or so turns into the future is not only illogical, but it totally underminds the gameplay. With the ATB there was some sense of strategy. With the CTB, you practically had every move laid out in front of you.

Yeah I agree with you there.

Although CTB can be better when building levels, lol I often fall asleep while level building. With ATB, when I wake up I'm usually dead.

-Griever_08

http://goo.gl/SjUkM
Message 7 of 15 (3 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1087 posts

Nov 17, 2003
I prefer CTB over ATB, mostly because you don't have to pick out commands while you're getting pummeled by the enemy.
Message 8 of 15 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
717 posts

Nov 17, 2003
Definately ATB.....it's more realistic
No matter where I go there you are!
Message 9 of 15 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1782 posts