Jul 27 2003
By: SSaruman Splicer 54 posts

Bringing the Ultimania Strategy guides to the US

7 replies 9 views Edited Jul 27, 2003

I just received my Final Fantasy X-2 Ultimania Strategy guide from Japan.  These Guides make the Brady games strategy guides look like quick walkthroughs. With more than 400+ pages in the average book, you get every nook and cranny of the game in one  nice Book. If anyone else buys the Ultimania guides, perhaps we can start a petition to the powers that be (Digicube, Square-Enix, Sony) To bring them over here. They could mass-produce them in the same way working designs made their Lunar 2  Guidebooks. These Guides aren't just for the casual gamer though, IMO they're meant for the Hardcore RPG player. Anyone want to add their support to this?

Beautiful Is'nt it???

Gamer Advisory Panel member since June 17th 2003

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 8 (9 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
309 posts

Re: Bringing the Ultimania Strategy guides to the US

Jul 27, 2003
Erm... is it in english?  If so, I'm all for it.
_________
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 8 (9 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
54 posts

Jul 27, 2003
That's the thing, the Ultimania series is a Japanese publication, so Square-Enix USA would have to Translate it and distrubute it after that here. But If you've ever seen the amount of Information that these books have, you'd be able to understand why these books would have no choice but to be priced and aimes at the Hard-core RPG gamer. But it would be so worth it!

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 8 (9 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
457 posts

Jul 28, 2003
Yeah those guides are cool but ever since I heard of gamefaqs.com I stoped buying guides.
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 8 (9 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
54 posts

Oct 3, 2003
Anyone else agree with me on this?

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 8 (9 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3638 posts

Oct 3, 2003

,SSaruman wrote:
Anyone else agree with me on this?

I agree, that's awesome! It would be cool to have a guide like that. Not to mention very helpful (although of course I'd go through the game once before even looking at the guide).
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 8 (9 Views)
0 Likes
Final Boss
28533 posts

Oct 3, 2003

,SSaruman wrote:

I just received my Final Fantasy X-2 Ultimania Strategy guide from Japan.  These Guides make the Brady games strategy guides look like quick walkthroughs. With more than 400+ pages in the average book, you get every nook and cranny of the game in one  nice Book. If anyone else buys the Ultimania guides, perhaps we can start a petition to the powers that be (Digicube, Square-Enix, Sony) To bring them over here. They could mass-produce them in the same way working designs made their Lunar 2  Guidebooks.These Guides aren't just for the casual gamer though, IMO they're meant for the Hardcore RPG player. Anyone want to add their support to this?

Beautiful Is'nt it???

Is it not the casual gamer who usually requires the guide though? Your hardcore player shouldn't need one...Nor particularily want one for any reason other than collecting them for the hell of it.
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 8 (9 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3638 posts

Oct 3, 2003

,Sir_Crono wrote:

,SSaruman wrote:

I just received my Final Fantasy X-2 Ultimania Strategy guide from Japan.  These Guides make the Brady games strategy guides look like quick walkthroughs. With more than 400+ pages in the average book, you get every nook and cranny of the game in one  nice Book. If anyone else buys the Ultimania guides, perhaps we can start a petition to the powers that be (Digicube, Square-Enix, Sony) To bring them over here. They could mass-produce them in the same way working designs made their Lunar 2  Guidebooks.These Guides aren't just for the casual gamer though, IMO they're meant for the Hardcore RPG player. Anyone want to add their support to this?

Beautiful Is'nt it???

Is it not the casual gamer who usually requires the guide though? Your hardcore player shouldn't need one...Nor particularily want one for any reason other than collecting them for the hell of it.

That is true, the only reason I would get one though, is if I have played through the game multiple times, and I would like to complete it 100%, but dont know where to find everything.
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 8 (9 Views)
0 Likes