Jul 23 2009
By: ThrashRokz33 Hekseville Citizen 369 posts

Blue Chocobo Breeding Problem (Final Fantasy 7)

16 replies 23726 views Edited Jul 23, 2009

Hello, I feel really stupid, because I've gotten a gold chocobo twice before on other files, but I can't seem to get the blue one now!

I know the equasion is like  

great male + good female = blue

and

good male + great female = green 

But, no matter how I switch those around, I always get green. I've raced both to class A, because I've read they don't need to be class S, and everytime I mate them, I get green, not blue. Yes I'm using the carob nut, and I've fed them each 15 sylkie greens. What do I do? 

Message 1 of 17 (23,726 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
435 posts

Re: Blue Chocobo Breeding Problem (Final Fantasy 7)

Jul 23, 2009
get another great and dont race it.  Then breed your class A w/ the new chocobo and you should get a blue.  Thats what I did...
Message Edited by min222002 on 07-23-2009 02:24 PM
Message 2 of 17 (23,726 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
745 posts

Jul 23, 2009
ah the countless hours i have spent breeding chocobos ... my strategy to get the blue and green is to race the mother and father birds to their highest point posible ( probally A class ) go to the barn ( but save before entering ) then it becomes trial and error breed and see what happens if you dont like your result then relaod your file and try again. if you get one then save again and continue the process til you get the other. thats how i did it.
 photo Ssig1.jpg
Message 3 of 17 (23,726 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2127 posts

Jul 24, 2009
I guess i was lucky, I got every chocobo on the first try

Photobucket
Message 4 of 17 (23,726 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
88 posts

Jul 24, 2009

heres something that should help you, as its not known by many (if anyone it seems) heres something i posted on another topic, but you can use it too.

another hint. everytime you enter the ranch, the sex of the newborn chocobo and the type (depending on what 2 your breeding) changes.

example that i tested with.

had 1 A class (also fed it 90 selkis greens) great female

and 1 A class (90 slekis greens also) good male

bred them with carob nut

got a male green.

waited to breed again to get my femal blue.

bred them again in same fashion.

got another green male. but i had saved it befoer i done this. but everytime i loeded up and went back in i got the same thing. a green male.

but i went in the next time, exited, then went back in. then i got a blue male.

loaded again, did the same thing, got a blue male again.

loaded again, but went out 2 times and went back in and bred. got a green something (cant remember) but after i exited and went back in 5X in a row, i got the bird i wanted. and they changed everytime, but only if i exited and entered.

thought this might help some of the newer chocobo breeders. as i was at the time. lol

(this is NEVER mentioned in any FAQS or anywhere i can find chocobo breeding tips. so i think i found something thats not known by many even after all these years. =D )

so the tip is, save before you breed. know what 2 colors of birds you can get with your combination of choces. and if its not the bird you want (gender or type) then just keep entering and exiting till you get the bird you want. they tend to go in a certain order, so keep up with how many times you enter and exit. as you could skip the type and gender you want.

Message 5 of 17 (23,726 Views)
First Son
1 posts

Sep 18, 2009
You, sir, are awesome. Thanks for that.
Message 6 of 17 (23,726 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Aug 23, 2012

I know this is probably an old thread, but THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!! I didn't feel like trying to find another chocobo on the mideel tracks but I saw your idea and gave it a try.  Worked on the first try and I had been trying to get that blue chocobo for 3 hours.  I already got the green but couldn't seem to get blue.  On to the black chocobo now! :smileyhappy:

Message 7 of 17 (23,463 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
778 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 23, 2012

Silent_Fantasy wrote:

(this is NEVER mentioned in any FAQS or anywhere i can find chocobo breeding tips. so i think i found something thats not known by many even after all these years. =D )

I had the Brady Games strategy guide (back when I had the game, at release) and it had all the Chocobo "recipes".
I know the guide isnt made anymore, but if you can possibly find one (maybe ebay?) it will prove invaluable to a Chocobo breeder.

"Stupidity is a disease, and we have an epidemic on our hands"

Get Your Portable ID!
Message 8 of 17 (23,454 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
212 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 24, 2012

Doesn't matter if the good/great is male/female as long as you have one of each. Race them to rank A. Farm the carob nuts from the peninsula sought of bone village. Go to the farm. Save. Breed. Will get green/blue/yellow. If you don't get the color you want, hold L1, L2, R1, R2, start, select and try again.

Message 9 of 17 (23,435 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
53 posts

Sep 1, 2012
did it without racing, before u begin breeding save, got a great male ( mideel area ) got a good female ( gold saucer area ), mated with the carob nut got a male green, got a female blue (carob nut),mated the green and blue (carob nut) got a black female, got a wonderful male at icicle inn area, mated the black and the wonderful with a zeio nut, got a gold chocobo, thing is u dont have to race there is a 1 in 10 chance to get a colored chocobo, racing just increases your chance, remeber to save when you get the chocobo u want, if u dont reset try again,
Message 10 of 17 (23,354 Views)
0 Likes