Treasure Hunter
8971 posts

Re: A small request of all the members here

Nov 20, 2003

,funky-fresh-dud wrote:

We are all intelligent gamers here (if you are one of the unfortunate few who was cursed with half a brain, don't speak up, just pretend you're one of the smart ones), and I believe it's safe to assume that we can all read and gather information on our own.

Before posting images or information about a new game, please, I beg of thee, at least scroll down the first page and see if anyone else has posted the same information.

It is absolutely ridiculous to come here and instead of seeing 7-10 intelligent topics discussing the new information that has been released about FFXII, I instead see 7-10 threads with... what?... the same damn pictures and information. Now I don't know about anyone else here, but I do my own rounds of various dependable gaming websites and chances are when I come here I already know most if not more of what has been posted here. And instead of being giddy with excitement and eager to discuss this new wave of information, I instead walk away in disgust.

ya, I can recall someone posting like 7 topics about XII on this forum, and posting them all AGAIN in the gaming lounge. It drives me crazy.
-------------------------------------------------------------
AIM sn: PM me is you really want it.
>xXx xXx xXx xXx xXx xXx xXx xXx
Message 21 of 39 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8765 posts

Nov 20, 2003

MeTaLfrvr wrote:

funky-fresh-dud wrote:

We are all intelligent gamers here (if you are one of the unfortunate few who was cursed with half a brain, don't speak up, just pretend you're one of the smart ones), and I believe it's safe to assume that we can all read and gather information on our own.

Before posting images or information about a new game, please, I beg of thee, at least scroll down the first page and see if anyone else has posted the same information.

It is absolutely ridiculous to come here and instead of seeing 7-10 intelligent topics discussing the new information that has been released about FFXII, I instead see 7-10 threads with... what?... the same damn pictures and information. Now I don't know about anyone else here, but I do my own rounds of various dependable gaming websites and chances are when I come here I already know most if not more of what has been posted here. And instead of being giddy with excitement and eager to discuss this new wave of information, I instead walk away in disgust.

ya, I can recall someone posting like 7 topics about XII on this forum, and posting them all AGAIN in the gaming lounge. It drives me crazy.

I know I just saw them in the Gaming Lounge too I was ok this is just dumb now.
Wearing the 45
Message 22 of 39 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7838 posts

Nov 20, 2003

Just simply editing an older post with say; **Updated** or **New Info**,  would greatly cut down on the multiple posts. IMO

-Griever_08

http://goo.gl/SjUkM
Message 23 of 39 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8765 posts

Nov 20, 2003

Griever_08 wrote:

Just simply editing an older post with say; **Updated** or **New Info**, would greatly cut down on the multiple posts. IMO

Exactly. That's what Chayness did and it made a lot more sense.
Wearing the 45
Message 24 of 39 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
9604 posts

Nov 20, 2003

,Gamecaver wrote:

,Griever_08 wrote:

Just simply editing an older post with say; **Updated** or **New Info**, would greatly cut down on the multiple posts. IMO

that is still not going to stop other person to post same subject..

Message 25 of 39 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7838 posts

Nov 20, 2003

,snowcrash wrote:

,Gamecaver wrote:

,Griever_08 wrote:

Well as it is now, there are only a handful of people doing it, if each person has only one post and they keep "updating" it, than there will be a heck of a lot less clutter.

-Griever_08

http://goo.gl/SjUkM
Message 26 of 39 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
9604 posts

Nov 20, 2003

,Griever_08 wrote:

,snowcrash wrote:

,Gamecaver wrote:

,Griever_08 wrote:

Well as it is now, there are only a handful of people doing it, if each person has only one post and they keep "updating" it, than there will be a heck of a lot less clutter.
i don't thinkg that's what his(person who created this topic) talking about... he wanted other person to look other topics before posting his make sure the content is not same.   But as I mentioned earlier, the "topic" title is a little vague to go by it and post.  And the person is not going to click the topic to see if the content is same as his. 
Message 27 of 39 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Final Boss
30058 posts

Nov 20, 2003

,snowcrash wrote:

the logic is good but it will not work.... because most of the "topic" is not in details enough tell what the subject is... and the person is not going to click the topic to find out whether the subject is same... and about the FF12 posts I posted(if that's what you are talking about).  I posted the FF12 topics as Japanese sites gets the new information regarding FF12 event.  I wasn't intend to post multiple posts with same information.  Some posts might have duplicate images and some mights not, but the pictures are duplicate are either better quality than previous one or new.  Anyway, about posting same topic that someone posted before, it's just not going to work.

It does work, how do I know because I do it daily with my RPG News posts, I didn't do numerous posts of FFXI yesterday I did one post with all the URL's and labelled it *Updated*. You cross posted on 2 different boards which you really should not do as well as do a lot of direct linking to each and every image. Not only does that make it hard for ppl to read threads here in linear view on the boards but a lot of those sites may not appreciate that. It's better to post URL's to the information and if you got to add a bunch of stuff do it in either the same thread or post. I am with Funky on this 1000%. As I said I do posts like this but I do it under one post not multiple ones on multiple boards.
Formally chaynes...
Message 28 of 39 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
9604 posts

Nov 20, 2003

,chaynes wrote:

,snowcrash wrote:

the logic is good but it will not work.... because most of the "topic" is not in details enough tell what the subject is... and the person is not going to click the topic to find out whether the subject is same... and about the FF12 posts I posted(if that's what you are talking about).  I posted the FF12 topics as Japanese sites gets the new information regarding FF12 event.  I wasn't intend to post multiple posts with same information.  Some posts might have duplicate images and some mights not, but the pictures are duplicate are either better quality than previous one or new.  Anyway, about posting same topic that someone posted before, it's just not going to work.

It does work, how do I know because I do it daily with my RPG News posts, I didn't do numerous posts of FFXI yesterday I did one post with all the URL's and labelled it *Updated*. You cross posted on 2 different boards which you really should not do as well as do a lot of direct linking to each and every image. Not only does that make it hard for ppl to read threads here in linear view on the boards but a lot of those sites may not appreciate that. It's better to post URL's to the information and if you got to add a bunch of stuff do it in either the same thread or post. I am with Funky on this 1000%. As I said I do posts like this but I do it under one post not multiple ones on multiple boards.

you misread or misunderstood my point and the person who created this topic.  updating your OWN posts will not stop other person to create same content as yours? is it?
Message 29 of 39 (0 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1194 posts

Nov 20, 2003

Joseph3391 wrote:

funky-fresh-dud wrote:

Yeah it's getting pretty annoying, why not just cram one thread with all of the damn info.

if they made athread with there own info, no body would want to read it
Chuchai
58 RDM/BLM
rank 6
MerisLoveShack
Carbuncle
ZM4
Message 30 of 39 (0 Views)
0 Likes