Aug 27 2013
By: Spence937 Gaming Beast 2454 posts
Accepted Solution

A Realm Reborn no mics?

16 replies 1211 views Edited Aug 27, 2013

I hope i am wrong but i havent seen any option for voice chat in this game. I would hate to have to stop mid battle to type a message to someone while being attacked by enemies. For basic gameplay a mic really isn't required but doing dungeons with other people its going to be a pain having to stop and take 20-30 seconds to type a message. What were they thinking?

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 17 (1,211 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
396 posts

Re: A Realm Reborn no mics?

Aug 27, 2013
Yea i agree totally. I dont want to have to use a seperate program like skype or vent to voice chat i want to be able to voice chat with anyone i want when i choose to
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 17 (1,201 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
4888 posts

Aug 27, 2013

THERE IS NO VOICE CHATIN GAME :smileysad:

this was addressed inthe beta forums during phase 3. SE said they weren't doing voice chat in game at all that it was to much of a hasslle with the coding. They said use party chat onvita, skype or someother voice commutication with somany resourse out there they felt it wasn't needed in game.

images.jpg

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 17 (1,192 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
632 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 27, 2013

Wth did I just read I don't even.....

First of all do you really need to talk to play in a dungeon? They are all pretty straight forward to the point where talking about exploring here and there is pointless.

Second of all Depending on your class you really shouldn't be getting attacked by random mobs in dungeons/guildhests. If you are being attacked it is most likely your fault. As a DPS class you are supposed to focus ONLY on what the tank is attacking. As a healer yeah I could understand if you pull hate but a decent tank should take the mob off you asap. There are many ways to deal with mobs in dungeons should you aggro cause you felt like playing the hero....like sleep and bind.

Lastly do you know how annoying voice chat is on MMO's? The VC in mmo's is usually crap. It either booms to loud or it is highly distorted due to the massive lag going around the servers. Also you're not supposed to talk to randoms you find in Duty finder cause:

A.) They are most likely from a different server you will most likely never see them again.

B.) You should be playing your class more than wanting to chat with randoms.

I understand if it is your friends you are raiding with and you have the urge to speak with them. There are MANY options out on the internet that you could use to speak with them.

I higly doubt anyone on here is so poor that they do not have a laptop and a headset for online chatting on PC.

So get over it VC is not coming to FFXIV either deal with it or don't. If anyone is to blame for taking long to type it is you, not the games fault you would rather run your mouth than play better.

rwby photo: ~ 0ZRug_zps3527be48.gif
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 17 (1,189 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2454 posts

Aug 27, 2013

Haku_Legacy wrote:

First of all do you really need to talk to play in a dungeon? They are all pretty straight forward to the point where talking about exploring here and there is pointless.

Second of all Depending on your class you really shouldn't be getting attacked by random mobs in dungeons/guildhests. If you are being attacked it is most likely your fault. As a DPS class you are supposed to focus ONLY on what the tank is attacking. As a healer yeah I could understand if you pull hate but a decent tank should take the mob off you asap. There are many ways to deal with mobs in dungeons should you aggro cause you felt like playing the hero....like sleep and bind.

Lastly do you know how annoying voice chat is on MMO's? The VC in mmo's is usually crap. It either booms to loud or it is highly distorted due to the massive lag going around the servers. Also you're not supposed to talk to randoms you find in Duty finder cause:

A.) They are most likely from a different server you will most likely never see them again.

I understand if it is your friends you are raiding with and you have the urge to speak with them. There are MANY options out on the internet that you could use to speak with them.

I higly doubt anyone on here is so poor that they do not have a laptop and a headset for online chatting on PC.

So get over it VC is not coming to FFXIV either deal with it or don't. If anyone is to blame for taking long to type it is you, not the games fault you would rather run your mouth than play better.

Lose the attitude, never said i want to chat with randoms, a simple party chat with a mute function makes total sense if you ask me. I can already tell you are a little kid because your lack of common sense is clear. Move along now.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 17 (1,177 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
632 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 28, 2013

Spence937 wrote:

Haku_Legacy wrote:

Lose the attitude, never said i want to chat with randoms, a simple party chat with a mute function makes total sense if you ask me. I can already tell you are a little kid because your lack of common sense is clear. Move along now.

I wasn't giving attitude but this is something that has been spammed since P3, and it is really not needed or required to play this game. Atleast til endgame and i'm sure your FC will have a VOIP.

rwby photo: ~ 0ZRug_zps3527be48.gif
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 17 (1,151 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1405 posts

Aug 28, 2013

The thing is... voice chat will cause lag and as such they are keeping the system more focused on gameplay.

Even back in XI in Vana'diel there was no real big demand for voice.

Typically PC users would use things like Xfire, IM, ventr, etc to talk with shell members, etc.

NOW... there are some shells and Free Companies that do want to have members only with voice...

From what I have seen this is due to being easier to communicate during dungeons, etc...

With the Hotbar you are focusing on commands and timing attacks its hard to really shout out commands to others, etc.

Not everyone coming into the world have played MMORPG's so they do need some guidance..

Does voice have a place.. yes..

But is it in demand by the majority... not really.

I would recommend looking up a voice program you can maybe load on a laptop if you have it near your PS3 that way you can link up with others if you want... just becareful for strangers!!! :smileywink:

From a decision by Sony to move away from Community to focus on Competition...

To a forum that was on its way to repairing itself in a focus on Community.. now having trolls protected if they help generate site hits..

To the world of HOME being kept in the dark when so many developers have left already...

A concept focused on profits and Competition have another name in the world of Pro-Community- RIP!

May the trolls, drama makers and competitive personas find joy in Sony - I'll do like soo many others and just move on.

Kitty Pyra - Career and Online life ended officially 2014
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 17 (1,141 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2454 posts

Aug 28, 2013

Kitty_Pyra wrote:

The thing is... voice chat will cause lag and as such they are keeping the system more focused on gameplay.

Typically PC users would use things like Xfire, IM, ventr, etc to talk with shell members, etc.

NOW... there are some shells and Free Companies that do want to have members only with voice...

From what I have seen this is due to being easier to communicate during dungeons, etc...

With the Hotbar you are focusing on commands and timing attacks its hard to really shout out commands to others, etc.

Not everyone coming into the world have played MMORPG's so they do need some guidance..

I would recommend looking up a voice program you can maybe load on a laptop if you have it near your PS3 that way you can link up with others if you want... just becareful for strangers!!! :smileywink:

i really dont do research on video games, the first time i heard FF14 was coming to ps3 was two weeks ago. i only wanted voice chat because its a lot more fun with friends talking while playing, i had no plan on meeting random people to chat with them. Makes sense that the server might lag but it would seem more convenient to talk to your party mates instead of having to stop and look away from the screen to type.

Guess i will have to hook my iphone up to skype or another service, thx for the input.

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 17 (1,135 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1405 posts

Aug 28, 2013

Spence937 wrote:

Kitty_Pyra wrote:

i really dont do research on video games, the first time i heard FF14 was coming to ps3 was two weeks ago. i only wanted voice chat because its a lot more fun with friends talking while playing, i had no plan on meeting random people to chat with them. Makes sense that the server might lag but it would seem more convenient to talk to your party mates instead of having to stop and look away from the screen to type.

Guess i will have to hook my iphone up to skype or another service, thx for the input.

Ohh I understand!!

Why I saw this and thought I should speak up about the dislike of voice since I am a Veteran from Vana'diel times

But even text back in vana'diel it was insane the amount of people who would just send users /tell of "A/S/L".

Especially when fighting in xp parties or camping Notorius Monsters... the hate grew alot to kill that drama.

:smileylol:  I hear alot of people swear by teamspeak just as a FYI

From a decision by Sony to move away from Community to focus on Competition...

To a forum that was on its way to repairing itself in a focus on Community.. now having trolls protected if they help generate site hits..

To the world of HOME being kept in the dark when so many developers have left already...

A concept focused on profits and Competition have another name in the world of Pro-Community- RIP!

May the trolls, drama makers and competitive personas find joy in Sony - I'll do like soo many others and just move on.

Kitty Pyra - Career and Online life ended officially 2014
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 17 (1,127 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2454 posts

Aug 28, 2013

well kitty thanks for the help, i have created a skype account and it actually works quite well. Nothing better than being able to chat with your buddies while enjoying an awsome game :smileyhappy: 

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 17 (1,119 Views)
0 Likes