Splicer
54 posts

Re: yo was the original soul caliber any good -nt

May 9, 2003
Yeah, when Soul Blade came out, it was very badass, but now Soul Calibur 2 has just blown it away along with every other fighting game.
Message 11 of 15 (0 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1208 posts

May 9, 2003

Zelgadis wrote:

IamSamurai wrote:

Soul Calibur is actually the sequel to another arcade fighter called Soul Blade or something like that, so Technically Soul Calibur 2 is the 3rd fighter in the series.

Blah, I started rambling.  Yeah Soul Calibur to this day I beleive is the best fighter.  Great for pros and novices alike.  I'd whip out my Dreamcast to play it any day.

That is correct. Soul Blade is the 1st and original Soul Calibur. The reason why it was called Soul Blade to begin with is becuase it revolved around the the legendary weapon known as the "Soul Edge".

However, they changed it becuase the "Soul Edge" is now a part of Sigfied who is now known as Knightmare.

Anyway, the Soul Blade series is and always will be one or if not -the- best 3D arcade style fighting game ever.

Soul Blade: (1997 arcade and 1998 PSX)
Graphics: 9
Sound: 9.5
Story: 8.5
Gameplay: 9.5
Replay: 9

Soul Calibur: (1999 arcade and 2001 Dreamcast)
Graphics: 9.5
Sound: 8
Story: 8
Gameplay: 9
Replay: 8.5

Soul Calibur 2: (2002 arcade and 2003 PS2, and Gamecube)
Graphics: 9.7
Sound: 8
Story: 8
Gameplay: 9.5
Replay: 9

NOTE: Remember I've already played the PS2 and Gamecube imports of Soul Calibur 2

Zel.

He zel, then you would know if it's possible but archieve weapons in SC2 like as in SB?
I really hated the fact they let out the supercombo's from SB in SC and that your weapon won't break if you're a sissy defender. But they had out-of-the-ring in all the stages whic was annoying as hell...
How to improve your life in 10 easy steps:
Read... ! Wisdom of the week !
"I am prepared to meet my Maker. Whether my Maker is prepared for the great ordeal of meeting me is another matter."
This person cannot be sued in case of no results

Whatever you do, DON'T click here
Message 12 of 15 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2737 posts

May 9, 2003

,Agros wrote:

,tien the samurai wrote:
Yes, Soul Blade is good, but I don't know about the other ones yet. I played it more than any other fighting game I have (except maybe X-Men vs. Street Fighter).

personally soul blade was better than tekken one & tekken2. it was faster and more intresting. Soul caliber was the best game i played on DC and mybe Marvel vs Capcom

I agree. I play that thing like no other.
Message 13 of 15 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
112 posts

May 11, 2003
Soul caliber for the DC was the best fighting game i have ever played hands down
Message 14 of 15 (0 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
13 posts

May 13, 2003
Soul Calibur was the only reason to own a Dreamcast, but it was a sequel to Soul Blade on the PS1, which I think had the best intro of any fighting game today, maybe any game period.
Message 15 of 15 (0 Views)
0 Likes