Splicer
48 posts

Re: Tekken 6 - 1st Dan limit must go away

Jul 8, 2010

Lol, then what's the point of using rankings if it's not to gauge your skills with other players online? Hate mail just ignore em 

Although, you do bring up a good idea of having a separate offline ranking system if you really want to :smileytongue:

Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 23 (523 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2074 posts

Jul 8, 2010
Why? So that rankings can mean ABSOLUTELY nothing rather than BASICALLY nothing?
Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 23 (523 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2074 posts

Jul 8, 2010
Also, I had to reply to this post. "Ok time to talk. The reasons why 1 dan limit must go away. 1. I defeat many players they will send me hate mail. 2. The ghost battle is totally ruin without the offline ranking mode. 3. What if I for get to pay the internet bill 4. I have other things to do with my life than to play online all day. 5. Lag is not fun at all, it does not matter how good you are. 6. Virtua fighter 5 on Xbox 360 has offline ranking, I bet Virtua Fighter Final Showdown will have it too. 7. Namco you are going to go under if you continue to make bad games." 1) Why would they do that? 2) How does a ranking limit ruin any mode of play at all? It's completely outside of the game. 3) Learn some **bleep**ing responsibility? It's not a game developer's fault that you can't take care of your own business. 4) So go and do them. How does a ranking limit make a difference? 5) I'll give you that., but why does that mean there shouldn't be a ranking limit? 6) Virtua Fighter is also a harder game with better AI, but that still doesn't mean they aren't guilty of poor design. 7) What does this have to do with ranking limits? If this is the biggest issue in the game I'd say it's pretty good.
Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 23 (523 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
48 posts

Jul 8, 2010

Truth be told, I completely agree man

Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 23 (523 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Aug 28, 2010

oh of course they should get rid of the 1st dan limit. i remember when i was playing tekken 6 i had over 400 wins and 200 losses in the ghost battle mode and i am wonderin.." am i not ranking up" i check the manual and you can only rank up to 1st dan offline. i like online. i use bryan fury anbd thats the only fighter i used. the highest he got was third dan. what i don't like is that online connection gets terrible, they have button mashers and they dont give u enough chances to for the next rank. wow it feels like martial arts class.lol but  i think its not fair for the people who play tekken and dont have online play and they just want to have fun offline. and i think they should just had quick matches, team matches and online scenario and for ghost battle make it a lil more intense. cause really playin it on ultra hard is not really nothing. but yeah lets hopw there is an update and if there is im a be happy!

Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 23 (523 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Aug 28, 2010
i know talk about those button mashers online. i getting the "u suck" comment.
Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 23 (523 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2429 posts

Aug 29, 2010

Vgamesg wrote:

Lol, then what's the point of using rankings if it's not to gauge your skills with other players online? Hate mail just ignore em 

Although, you do bring up a good idea of having a separate offline ranking system if you really want to :smileytongue:

:smileyvery-happy::smileyvery-happy::smileyvery-happy:

If we're talking about playing in an actual arcade you'd have a point. But lets face it. Trying to prove your fighting skills in online matches with strangers is just overrated. You're just never guaranteed a smooth match (no matter what your connection is). At most, I only play friendly matches with people on my psn list. Why the hell should I try to take ranked online matches seriously as real competition? Most cases you can't tell if ya won a match because of your skill or because your opponent was experiencing button delays due to his/her connection. It ain't worth bragging about.

Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 23 (523 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Nov 1, 2010

1st Dan limit exists because noobs like you try to convince every one that rank means something. 1st Dan limit exists  because if it didn't every noob on the planet would be a tekken god. there are already enough ways to cheat the system. we don't need more scrubs polluting the rankings. if you want to have a higher rank you need to be able to win against human opponents. if you can't do that, you need to face the fact that you suck balls and you should stop playing.

Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 23 (523 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Nov 10, 2010

wow Im a bit late for this.....oh well..The number 1 reason the 1 Dan limit should be removed is actually there are younger players and player who are just garbage at tekken, who can't win against better players, and some times any player. It's unfair to those people to force them to face such impossible odds. I myself am okay at tekken and actually can win online match's but I sometimes find myself forfeiting to weaker players because they will never win. But the worst is when you face a player who dose the same attack every time over and over !!!!! It is infuriating I am sure we all have had a run in or two with these players... they can be beaten but its not fun to play against people like that.

All in all tekken is still 9 out of 10 to me so this will not stop me from playing or buying tekken

erp0033 wrote:

1st Dan limit exists because noobs like you try to convince every one that rank means something. 1st Dan limit exists  because if it didn't every noob on the planet would be a tekken god. there are already enough ways to cheat the system. we don't need more scrubs polluting the rankings. if you want to have a higher rank you need to be able to win against human opponents. if you can't do that, you need to face the fact that you suck balls and you should stop playing.

Never sweat the little things

Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 23 (523 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Jan 13, 2013
I know I'm super late. But I have Tekken 6 for my psp. My main is Lili and you can go past 1st dan. I'm 3rd dan about to be 4th because I'm doing a rank match (offline) now. I've only ran across this post because I want to know what a kyu and a dan is.
Please use plain text.
Message 20 of 23 (476 Views)
0 Likes