Nov 27 2009
By: xkillerp7 First Son 30 posts

Tekken 6 - 1st Dan limit must go away

22 replies 2342 views Edited Nov 27, 2009

I love the Tekken series. It's my favorite fighting game by far. I bought Tekken 6 recently and loved it as well. I even liked Scenario Mode and got the platinum after a short time.

So after the platinum I was planning to spend hours upon hours on the addictive Ghost mode, just like I did on Tekken 5: DR. But I reached 1st Dan with 2 characters and never got a promotion chance again. I searched the internet and found that 1st Dan is the maximum rank you can get offline (yes, apparently this is in the game manual too).

What the hell am I going to do now? They just ruined the best mode ever made in a fighting game. I don't want to spend my precious game time by fighting lagged online matches and waiting for people to accept matches and all that stressful online issues. And I don't want to force other players with better internet connections to play against me and get frustrated by lag just so I could rank up. It's pointless.

I'm really dissapointed. I thought Tekken 6 was the best figthing game I ever played until I discover this. This sucks.

So anyone also think this 1st Dan limit must be removed? What about us offline players? Can't we just have our fun alone?

Please raise your voice if you agree with me.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 23 (2,342 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4709 posts

Re: Tekken 6 - 1st Dan limit must go away

Nov 27, 2009
they patched teken 6 online and I have 0 leg issues now, as far as ghost battle...well I don't play that to much..offline i'm usually a survival mode guy.   Btw they also added in the patch the ability tojoin a match with players with the same connection speed and you can also cancel a match before it starts
I miss cyd :smileysad:
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 23 (2,342 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
43 posts

Nov 27, 2009
ooh woow thats really bad news, i spend all my time in ghost mode, but if it stops in 1 st dan that should be fix my namco. i hate online mode by the way.. with lag or without it...  bad players, cheap moves.
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 23 (2,342 Views)
Lombax Warrior
104 posts

Nov 28, 2009
whats so great about ghost mode? all it seemed like to me was arcade mode except you can pick from 2 different opponents.
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 23 (2,342 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
298 posts

Nov 28, 2009

I sort of agree with the OP, but not exactly.

In 5:smileyvery-happy:R, your offline rank and your online rank were separate. But, it appears that hey made the Tekken 6 offline modes with no real difficulty setting. If you boost the difficulty to, say, Ultra Hard, your opponents don't magically get better - their ranks are higher. That would mean that your offline rank has actual value. So, this time around, the offline rankings carry over into online play. And with this limit, you can't beef up your rank and look awesome online.

Amirite?

I will say this: I can't see how a fighting game fan could prefer fighting the computer over real people. Especially seeing how the American arcade scene is all but dead...

Message Edited by MikeFarber on 11-27-2009 07:09 PM
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 23 (2,342 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
895 posts

Nov 28, 2009
I agree ,but I see what they are trying to do. 1st Dan is a 1st degree blackbelt. So it's kinda like, you learned all you can learn in the dojo, now go out and use it. Also what if it's just that no one has made a 2nd Dan ghost yet.
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 23 (2,342 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
39 posts

Nov 29, 2009

ha! the ghosts go so much higher! I've beaten like...it said juggernaut? I don't know how high, but it was red on black text and it was on hard, that was when I was 7th kyu with Law.

Now I'm 1st dan with law, still on hard, fighting master dans, juggernauts, I think one said ninja? I don't know, but they go a LOT higher than 1st dan.

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 23 (2,342 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
895 posts

Nov 29, 2009
No, your character can only go as high as first dan in ghost mode, the comp does go up higher.
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 23 (2,342 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
649 posts

Dec 1, 2009

NICK767676 wrote:
I agree ,but I see what they are trying to do. 1st Dan is a 1st degree blackbelt. So it's kinda like, you learned all you can learn in the dojo, now go out and use it. Also what if it's just that no one has made a 2nd Dan ghost yet.
Ah, good point! And that actually sounds pretty cool!
it would be cool to be able to graduate through battling the CPU. "Master Mechanic" (sounds like a trophy name) would be  earned if you can beat any two (or three) fighters you mechanical enhancements (or are just straight up robots) 3 straight times in 4-round matches. I would be happy if that was just a trophy actually, and there was "earn trophies" mode in the game.

(graphics matter)
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 23 (2,342 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
25 posts

Jul 7, 2010

Ok time to talk.

The reasons why 1 dan limit must go away.

1. I defeat many players they will send me hate mail.

2. The ghost battle is totally ruin without the offline ranking mode.

3. What if I for get to pay the internet bill

4. I have other things to do with my life than to play online all day.

5. Lag is not fun at all, it does not matter how good you are.

6. Virtua fighter 5 on Xbox 360 has offline ranking, I bet Virtua Fighter Final Showdown will have it too.

7. Namco you are going to go under if you continue to make bad games.

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 23 (2,342 Views)
0 Likes