Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Sep 25 2009
By: venomblade89 Wastelander 587 posts

Tekken 5 Dark Resurrection "lightning moves" question

7 replies 75 views Edited Sep 25, 2009

When i say lightning moves, i mean with jin, devil jin, kayuza, heihachi. The moves when its like " -> + downarrow + (right&down arrow at same time)+ triangle) I think jins move like that is called dragon uppercut. Well ye what i've noticed is normally when you hit them with that there's no lightning until you hit the person and then it lightning goes thru the opponent. The computer manages to do it a different way. The lightning is in the attack as he executes it and than when he connects with the enemy( me) it's a stronger version of the dragon uppercut. With regular jin, i went into practice mode, i did that move i said previously and it'd do 25. I kept trying to execute it as fast as i could and finally got the stronger version of the move that did 30. The computer manages to do it every single time(the stronger version of the move) It seems random for me when i do it. Sorry if it's confusing. Also, for some tekken experts that knows the sounds he makes, the regular uppercut jin says something like "kyuh", and the "supercharged" uppercut he says "NYUH!". If it's hard to understand, the sound of the supercharged uppercut is the same sound as devil jin's, (sidestep + triangle). Which he punches you high in the air. Has anyone mastered this supercharged uppercut to do it everytime?

p.s

just found this video, in the first second devil jin does the "stronger" version of his uppercut, when he says "nyuh!" Also for a better example, at :24 in the video he does his normal uppercut "kyuh!", then his supercharged one, "nyuh!" right after one another.  Please watch so it can help you understand what i mean. I'm not very good at wording it lol , but the video at :24, explains exactly what i'm talking about. He also does the stronger uppercut 2 more times after :24

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E0lbvagoo54

Message Edited by venomblade89 on 09-25-2009 01:24 PM
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 8 (75 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2451 posts

Re: Tekken 5 Dark Resurrection "lightning moves" question

Sep 21, 2009
Hold the buttons...
Image hosting by PhotobucketPSN & XBLGT: Nottulys
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 8 (75 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
587 posts

Sep 21, 2009
? could you elaborate on that?
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 8 (75 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2727 posts

Sep 22, 2009

You really need to start visiting TZ and take a look at their fighter moves-list pages. They explain everything

and have lists for every single character. A lot of these moves are just-frames and some just have a

barely noticeable different notation. They're really no big deal once you understand how they work.

Tekken Zaibatsu

When you have the page opened, all you do is click on the character you're interested in and at the

top of their 'profile page' are a couple of drop down menus. The one on the right contains their specific

moves list for that version of the game. TZ's main page has a "Games" tab at the top where you can select

all previous Tekkens up to T6 and see everyone's move-lists with the above directions. Get to readin'! 

Random Images

S E I J I N S H I . A L L D A Y . E V E R Y D A Y
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 8 (75 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
535 posts

Sep 24, 2009

Oh you mean EWGFs(Electric Wing God Fist)... like how Heihachi says "Soriyah!" Kazuya says "Doriyah!" and Jin/Devil Jin says "DAH!"

the command is inputted way faster than the original command, i vaguely remember that it's a just frame move. hope that kinda helps 

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 8 (75 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5335 posts

Sep 24, 2009
I kudoed the above post because he actually answers your question correctly unlike the other peons who have no idea what they're talking about and are misinforming you (hold the buttons uhhh yea sure).

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 8 (75 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
587 posts

Sep 25, 2009
ye i signed up on tekken zaibatsu and learned the EWGF thing. It's pretty cool i never knew there was an actual way to do it all the time. I still can't get it all the time but it's frequent enough. Dj-mon you had it right on with the sounds and what they say when there upper cuts differ. Kudos to you!
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 8 (75 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
895 posts

Oct 4, 2009

quick tap = small or weak

hold button = large or strong

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 8 (75 Views)
0 Likes