Nov 25 2012
By: CELvolt First Son 23 posts

Persona 4: The Arena- Is it fun?

4 replies 396 views Edited Nov 25, 2012

I've heard a lot of things about this fighting game- some good, some bad. I might be getting it for myself or a fighting fanatic friend this holiday season and was wondering what actual gamers thought about the game.

Message 1 of 5 (396 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
571 posts

Re: Persona 4: The Arena- Is it fun?

Nov 26, 2012

CELvolt wrote:

I've heard a lot of things about this fighting game- some good, some bad. I might be getting it for myself or a fighting fanatic friend this holiday season and was wondering what actual gamers thought about the game.

It's definitely fun!! It's got a great story mode and awesome battle system! So, if  you're a fan Persona 4 or Fighting games you should definitely pick up this one! :smileyhappy:

photo TheRobsSignature_zps7f0db83c.jpg
Thanks to KANE-FIRE for the sig. :smileytongue:
Message 2 of 5 (391 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
68 posts

Nov 28, 2012
You bet!

If you happen to be new to fighting games in general it is a very, very accessible game. If you're seasoned fan it has a lot of depth despite what many people say.

I've been playing the game non-stop since release day and I have yet to feel bored. :smileyhappy:
Message 3 of 5 (381 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1964 posts

Nov 28, 2012
If you liked the Blazblue series, then you will more than likely like this game (not that they are the same, but they are both developed from Arc System Works). I haven't played it yet (plan to though), but from the control walkthroughs, it seems very accessible to novice fighters. It also may have a good story, since it's a sequel to Persona 4.
Message 4 of 5 (379 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
64 posts

Feb 16, 2013

Persona 4: Arena is a fun game, however there are a few prerequisites to really enjoy the game.

1.  If you are a Persona fan you will greatly appreciate the story and its characters than if you play this game as a fighting game fan.

For example, when I bought the game I had no idea what Persona was? So, while I the game is fantastic, my connection towards the character will never be as high, if I played the other Persona games first.

2. While the game was created by ArcWorks, Persona 4: Arena is definitely more simplified than BlazBlue.

From experiencing BlazBlue and other fighters, I Persona 4: Arena has simpler control scheme and fighting mechanics. (maybe they make it more simple for the RPG fans of Persona so it would be too difficult to get into.)

Those are my thoughts about the game. 

Message 5 of 5 (236 Views)
0 Likes