Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jun 05 2012
By: SlashZaku PlayStation MVP 41020 posts

Dead or Alive 5 Announced for PS3, Sep 2012; Tina, Kokoro, Sarah Bryant Revealed

42 replies 468 views Edited Jun 5, 2012

DOA5Poster.jpg

Turns out the Tokyo Game Show announcement Team Ninja was teasing wasn't merely for PlayStation Vita's Ninja Gaiden Sigma.  Tecmo Koei announced today that Dead or Alive 5 is in development.

The game was announced at the "Team Ninja Unmask 2011" event in Shibuya earlier today.  A release is planned for 2012.

Andriasang

EDIT: Pre-Alpha Teaser w/ a fight between Ryu & Hayate.  Of course they'd use the ninjas to show off the game first.

Now Playing: Final Fantasy X HD

Please use plain text.
Message 20 of 43 (468 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
226 posts

Re: Dead or Alive 5 Announced for PS3, 2012 Release

Sep 14, 2011

I hope this is true & not just something to get hopes up.  If true (no offense but that battle could be for the next Ninja Gaiden game for all I know) it'll be really interesting to see what the new Team Ninja does with it.  How it's handled will tell if that series lives or dies.  My issue with DoA4 was that they concentrated too much on the ninjas to the point were they were almost broken, not everyone wants to play a ninja (My mains were/are Christie & La Mariposa/Lisa). 

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 43 (468 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2924 posts

Sep 15, 2011

wierd thing is for the past month every time i go to GameStop to add funds to a preorder i'd be looking at a copy of Dead or Alive 4. but something told me not to buy it and wait for TGS. well i'm pretty sure i'm gonna buy it now just to get familiar with the mechanics again before DOA5 releases. anyway this is awesome news. i've been wanting Dead or Alive to appear on the PS3 for the longest time. i wonder if they're considering a PSVita version.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 43 (468 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
41020 posts

Sep 17, 2011

Little bit more info:

Regarding Dead or Alive 5, Hayashi said that with the TGS teaser trailer, they wanted to just first announce the game's development.  The concept of the game is "Fighting Entertainment," but he admitted that the trailer does not really show the entertainment part.  When details on the game are revealed in a subsequent update, he believes people will understand what they mean by "Fighting Entertainment."  Those details aren't too far off, he promised.

Andriasang

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 43 (468 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
226 posts

Sep 17, 2011

Thanx again. I saw a pic of my girl (Christie) fighting who looked to be Ayane on DoAC. I wanna see more actual fighting game footage.   

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 43 (468 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Sep 17, 2011

i've seen the teaser poster and one video. looks exciting..

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 43 (468 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
41020 posts

Oct 7, 2011

Extended TGS Reveal Trailer:

A whole lot going on in the stage.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 43 (468 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
262 posts

Oct 7, 2011

Yea I've kinda gotten tired of fighting games but this one looks amazing and brings back old memories definitely a must buy

rockinjs864 Trophy Card
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 43 (468 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
226 posts

Oct 8, 2011

I saw it on DoAC, they also mentioned some other stuff as far as reactions from the Tekken people among others.  If I can I'll see if I can find it & post it here. 

While it looks nice so did the previous trailer,  I want to see actual gameplay, even if it's a Beta.  I want to see what both hardcore DoAers (Raansu, KowtowRobinson, Jericho, Viper Excess) & casuals (like me) say in regards to it's overall game play.  A nice looking piece of crap is still a piece of crap,  while a terrible looking great gameplay game is still a hit.  As before, I'm more interested in the non-ninja characters, particularly my girl Christy. 

Thanx for this SlashZaku

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 43 (468 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
41020 posts

Oct 9, 2011

rockinjs864 wrote:

Yea I've kinda gotten tired of fighting games but this one looks amazing and brings back old memories definitely a must buy

The ones I really only care for are Soul Calibur (one of my first PS1 titles), Virtua Fighter (just fell in love with the fighting when I played VF4EVO) and DOA (DOA was really one of the only reasons I bought the original Xbox; I enjoy playing Survival most of the time after I'm done unlocking everything).  Most others are nothing more than a passing interest part of the time (SF, Tekken, MK, etc.).  I've hooked up the old Xbox again just to play DOA3/DOAU and am really hating the controller though =\

@Randzz: One of the things I hate about the series is the overall focus on the ninja characters (don't really care for them).  Would be nice if the next release of info/media, we get a decent amount of stuff for the other characters.

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 43 (468 Views)
0 Likes