Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jul 13 2003
By: Dirty_Mouth~ Monster Hunter 33 posts

Dead or Alive 2: Hard Core

11 replies 14 views Edited Jul 13, 2003

It's funny How I've made this post and all now I still havn't played this version of the game. But I have played it for Xbox, and lets just say it really impressed me. I guess I wanna know how far does this game really stand from the Playstation2 version.....please tell me it's not a bigg different...I feel it is.

"My Skills Come From A World That You Do Not Wish To Know"
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 12 (14 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
612 posts

Re: Dead or Alive 2: Hard Core

Jul 13, 2003

,Dirty_Mouth wrote:

It's funny How I've made this post and all now I still havn't played this version of the game. But I have played it for Xbox, and lets just say it really impressed me. I guess I wanna know how far does this game really stand from the Playstation2 version.....please tell me it's not a bigg different...I feel it is.

,null,

Hi, ^__^

Although I'm an everything PlayStation (only) fan, I have to tell you, that I've seen the game for the XBox and, I've played the PlayStation 2 version, and to start out, I'll tell you that the character's were even smaller than the Dreamcast version of Dead or Alive 2, and it had alot of jaggy edge's on the character's, I couldn't believe that the character's were smaller, than the Dreamcast version, being that it has more ram, but that was the first game Tecmo made for the PlayStation 2, and it is difficult to develop for, and it really doesn't mean anything bad, I'm just letting you know some of the difference's between the two, from what I noticed, I'm still a PlayStation only fan, and I have nothing against any of the systems at all, their all cool for someone, all over the world, and that's great. ^__^

^__^ But you can break thing's on the PlayStation 2 version which is cool too, I wish that PlayStation 2 could have gotten a port of Dead or Alive 3 some how, that would have been great. I wouldn't mind how it would look, I just want to play it on PlayStation. The character's are really detailed on the XBox version, I like looking at the coolness of the design, and you can fall really far, the character's are big, I like big character's. Oh, but don't get me wrong the PlayStation 2 version is really fun also, although it came before the XBox version, and it's not the same game. Tecmo took the game apart, and started from the beginning with the PlayStation 2 version, and I think they(Tecmo)did with the XBox version also, since it's a sequel I figure. the game is faster, and I would say it probably look's three time's better( I don't have an XBox though and from what I've seen) than the PlayStation 2's graphics, with more character's also.

But in the end their both still cool game's, even though I've only seen it on XBox, I really don't mind about the graphic's all that much though, I still like the PlayStation version 100%. And that's what I've noticed different, about the two, hope this help's you out. ^__^

Message Edited by PS Anime on 07-13-2003 01:19 AM

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 12 (14 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5377 posts

Jul 13, 2003

,Dirty_Mouth wrote:

Well, I would say it's just as good, but the bad thing is: is that it only has 10 characters total. I would have liked the game more if they had more characters. Other than that, I would say that game for the PS2 is just as great.

"If I have the power to make a difference, I should put it to good use." - Kira Yamato
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 12 (14 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4086 posts

Jul 13, 2003
I still believe that if Tecmo would just take the time, they would be able to make DOA3 looks just as good on the PS2 like it was on Xbox.

Whoever so sees my true identity, never has enough time to turn around.
Anticipation of Death is more feared than death itself.

PSN PsykoMantis
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 12 (14 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
612 posts

Jul 13, 2003

,Alucard TheDestroyer wrote:
I still believe that if Tecmo would just take the time, they would be able to make DOA3 looks just as good on the PS2 like it was on Xbox.

^__^

You know what? I think your right, and I would love to see it on the PlayStation 2. ^__^

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 12 (14 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
33 posts

Jul 13, 2003

,PS Anime wrote:

,Alucard TheDestroyer wrote:
,null,

^__^

You know what? I think your right, and I would love to see it on the PlayStation 2. ^__^

Well If you go to Yahoo and type down "Dead Or Alive 3 for PS2" you'll get a result saying that tecmo is planning on making a release for the system. I can't say if it's true or not but it's there..so whats that about huh? This is really eating me apart..just now I had to become a member of tecmo just to get the facts..which didn't turn out to be good..but why would that site be up....it's so sad to know that PS2 was left behind.
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 12 (14 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4086 posts

Jul 13, 2003
It's only because the VERY opinionated head of Team Ninja, outright says that he doesn't like PS2, and loves the Xbox. So favoritism plas a HUGE role in it as well.

Whoever so sees my true identity, never has enough time to turn around.
Anticipation of Death is more feared than death itself.

PSN PsykoMantis
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 12 (14 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
33 posts

Jul 14, 2003
Well that head of the Ninja Team is a D%ck! PS2 has potiential, period!
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 12 (14 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
490 posts

Aug 4, 2003
DOA2: Hardcore on PS2 is great. It's a must-have for a fighting game fan who also like sexy chicks. Gameplay-wise, it's great. It's almost the same as DOA3 on Xbox. No big difference.
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 12 (14 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
156 posts

Aug 4, 2003
DOA online is gonna rock!
"Never have I partied so hardy." -Apu
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 12 (14 Views)
0 Likes