okay

Message 1 of 10 (2 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
23 posts

Re: Can anyone really get Good at DOA?

May 14, 2003

oops  let me finish

I play alot of fighting games and among all my friends I usually am the fighting game master except for DOA (Dead or Alive) either one, I get beat every once and a while and it pisses me off because to beat me is a big achievement and I wanted to know if you agree that DOA is just way too easy to learn how to play or am I just losing my touch.

Message 2 of 10 (2 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
31 posts

May 14, 2003
I don't know maybe your just slipping
Message 3 of 10 (2 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

May 14, 2003

I would have to agree with you. I don't think there's any way to get really good at DOA because of the dreaded REVERSALS! If you don't know what's coming at you every attack, you don't know whether to block or fight. If you're good (and your timing is good) the odds are in your favor, but there really no good special unblockable moves you must master as in Tekken so you're going to get beat once in a while.

I think DOA is one of the best multiplayer games out there really for that reason. It seems to even the playing field. Once players get the hang of reversing and blocking and attacking, it's anyone's guess who's going to win. When I was playing TEKKEN I could OWN everyone else with Jin, and that got old. 

Also, playing DOA at my house you have to have won lots of games in a row to prove OWNAGE, everyone can get lucky once!

Message 4 of 10 (2 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
23 posts

May 14, 2003

Yeah that's how it is for me. I still consider myself the best and still like to play it alot because It's the only fighting game my friends don't get mad at and never wanna play again. Oh yeah and Jan Lee Rox

WUUUUUUUTAAAAAAAAA

Message 5 of 10 (2 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
991 posts

May 15, 2003
It took me awhile to master the ninja guy, I havent played it in awhile so I dont remember his name, but I was beat every once in awhile but that was because no one I played was actually good so it got boring and I lost my touch for awhile.
Message 6 of 10 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
675 posts

May 15, 2003
Well it depends on which Dead or Alive your talking about?!
The 3rd one (on x-box) I am realy good with Bayman,Leon,Bass,Tina,Zack,Both ninja guys,And the girl who does the snake style fighting!And yes if you play it long enough you can master it easy,unless your friends are realy sorry players or you are,the game can be quite a challenge when 2 bad a$$$ players are fighting it out!
And the parrying thing is easy as cutting cake.So yeah people can get good at it,I mean how many people here "think" they are the greatest at Street Fighter?
Its like asking "Can anyone get good at S.F.?????
Minutes seem like days,
Corrosion fills the sky,
Morbid dreams of anarchy,
Brought judgment in disguise,
Memories linger in my brain,
Life with nothing more to gain,
Perpetual madness remains,
Shades of death are all I see,
Fragments of what used to be,
Skeletons of society. ------SLAYER
Message 7 of 10 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5377 posts

May 16, 2003

,Akai Tatsu wrote:

Hey,

okay

Yah, with all that practice. I hope they'll make another DOA game for the PS2 console. It would be cool.

"If I have the power to make a difference, I should put it to good use." - Kira Yamato
Message 8 of 10 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
121 posts

May 18, 2003
NO,Because that game is not balanced.Because the makers at tecmo dosent care about how the game plays.All they care about is the stupid girls who looks like hookers.
GUESS WHO'S BACK ! ! ! HU HU HA HA HAHAHAHA ! ! !
Message 9 of 10 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
121 posts

May 18, 2003

buzzatron@aol.com wrote:
Well it depends on which Dead or Alive your talking about?!
The 3rd one (on x-box) I am realy good with Bayman,Leon,Bass,Tina,Zack,Both ninja guys,And the girl who does the snake style fighting!And yes if you play it long enough you can master it easy,unless your friends are realy sorry players or you are,the game can be quite a challenge when 2 bad a$$$ players are fighting it out!
And the parrying thing is easy as cutting cake.So yeah people can get good at it,I mean how many people here "think" they are the greatest at Street Fighter?
Its like asking "Can anyone get good at S.F.?????

I am very good at street fighter.I am not a master but i am an expert.I have beaten many players at the arcades and at home.And yeah i have seen a lot of good streetfighter players.
GUESS WHO'S BACK ! ! ! HU HU HA HA HAHAHAHA ! ! !
Message 10 of 10 (2 Views)
0 Likes