well my 2 favorite ps2 fighting games are Capcom vs SNK 2 and Virtua Fighter 4 (Evolution soon to be) and later on it will be those and SVC CHAOS and Capcom Fighting All-Stars,
on Neo Geo,
King Of Fighters 94-2002,Art of Fighting,Voltage Fighters Gowkaiser,Last Blade,Samurai Shodown,Fatal Fury, heck im not namin them all just check out my collection in my profile. its the site at the bottom.
If you are a Christian, put this in your sig!
Alrighty, here's my spin on things:,
- Mortal Kombat: Deadly Alliance -- The game was highly anticipated and hyped to no end. When it was released, I rented it, played the heck out of it, and didn't like it too much. The combo system just didn't do it for me. Also, like every other MK game out there, stun moves were king...
- Tekken Tag/Tekken 4 -- Tekken Tag is by far the winner. Tekken 4 gave a lot of characters balance, but was also severely limited to the actual gameplay. Tekken Tag was lacking many play features (Tekken Force) but was a much more enjoyable game.
- Virtua Fighter 4 -- I got this game the day it came out and I still play it. Not masher friendly, deep as they come, and I still haven't unlocked everything.
- Soul Calibur 2 -- Excellent, just excellent. Too bad Heihatchi is too good for this game, otherwise, it would be even better.
- DBZ Budokai -- No... just no... The game sucks. No depth, no "ready to launch" specials, no jumping, no crouching. No no no.
- Marvel vs. Capcom 2 -- The PS2 version of this game is aweful, the X-Box version sucks too. Huge loading times, pixelation... Don't get it. Get the Dreamcast version.
- Capcom vs. SNK 2 -- Same flaws as MvC2. Get the Dreamcast version to fix everything.
- Guilty Gear XX (X2 in the US) -- Fast gameplay, incredible graphics. May be too fast for some gamers. May be too hard for some gamers.
- King of Fighters 2001 -- Not a very good port to PS2, get the DC version.
- DBZ: Ultimate Battle 22 -- Great game but 7 years too late.