Fender Bender
4509 posts

Re: Best fighting game?

Jul 9, 2003

well my 2 favorite ps2 fighting games are Capcom vs SNK 2 and Virtua Fighter 4 (Evolution soon to be) and later on it will be those and SVC CHAOS and Capcom Fighting All-Stars

on Neo Geo

King Of Fighters 94-2002,Art of Fighting,Voltage Fighters Gowkaiser,Last Blade,Samurai Shodown,Fatal Fury, heck im not namin them all just check out my collection in my profile. its the site at the bottom.

If you are a Christian, put this in your sig!
Message 31 of 36 (10 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
794 posts

Jul 10, 2003
Although it has really sh!tty graphics and it is pixelated, Marvel vs Capcom 2 is my favorite.
Halo 2 is a lot like Halo 1.... But it is Halo 1 on fire. Going 130 mph through a hospital zone being chased by helicopters and ninjas... And the ninjas are on fire to- Jason of Bungie Studios
Message 32 of 36 (10 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
228 posts

Jul 10, 2003

I think that the best fight GAME is  TEKKEN 4  TEKKEN TAG TEAM!!!

MeSs WiTh ThE BeSt-DiE LiKe ThE ReSt
Message 33 of 36 (10 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
794 posts

Jul 11, 2003
I also liked Deadly Alliance.
Halo 2 is a lot like Halo 1.... But it is Halo 1 on fire. Going 130 mph through a hospital zone being chased by helicopters and ninjas... And the ninjas are on fire to- Jason of Bungie Studios
Message 34 of 36 (10 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1691 posts

Jul 11, 2003
,ZeonWarriorredge wrote:
What is the best fighting game for PS2?

Mortal Kombat: Deadly Alliance definitely.

Message 35 of 36 (10 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
First Son
24 posts

Jul 11, 2003

Alrighty, here's my spin on things:

- Mortal Kombat: Deadly Alliance -- The game was highly anticipated and hyped to no end. When it was released, I rented it, played the heck out of it, and didn't like it too much. The combo system just didn't do it for me. Also, like every other MK game out there, stun moves were king...
- Tekken Tag/Tekken 4 -- Tekken Tag is by far the winner. Tekken 4 gave a lot of characters balance, but was also severely limited to the actual gameplay. Tekken Tag was lacking many play features (Tekken Force) but was a much more enjoyable game.
- Virtua Fighter 4 -- I got this game the day it came out and I still play it. Not masher friendly, deep as they come, and I still haven't unlocked everything.
- Soul Calibur 2 -- Excellent, just excellent. Too bad Heihatchi is too good for this game, otherwise, it would be even better.
- DBZ Budokai -- No... just no... The game sucks. No depth, no "ready to launch" specials, no jumping, no crouching. No no no.

- Marvel vs. Capcom 2 -- The PS2 version of this game is aweful, the X-Box version sucks too. Huge loading times, pixelation... Don't get it. Get the Dreamcast version.
- Capcom vs. SNK 2 -- Same flaws as MvC2. Get the Dreamcast version to fix everything.
- Guilty Gear XX (X2 in the US) -- Fast gameplay, incredible graphics. May be too fast for some gamers. May be too hard for some gamers.
- King of Fighters 2001 -- Not a very good port to PS2, get the DC version.
- DBZ: Ultimate Battle 22 -- Great game but 7 years too late.

Message 36 of 36 (10 Views)
0 Likes