Gump_
Message 12 of 31 (26 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
193 posts

Re: Fight Night Round 4 Control Controversy

May 29, 2009

fanboys...always so hostile. 

anyways. i like buttons but that was because all my friends used buttons and i made the switch. the speed difference between stick/buttons are far to great for me to go back. i'm fine with tpc but at this point (the demo) the input time is horribly delays. it almost seems  like tpc has taken a step back. i mean i could literally put in a combo, put the control down and watch it happen on screen? i sincerely they up the response to animation delay. i am debating on if i should cancel my preorder. 

and for the low punching i much prefer a BUTTON modifer. made it so much easier

Message 13 of 31 (26 Views)
Lombax Warrior
128 posts

May 30, 2009

tokyostomp wrote:

fanboys...always so hostile. 

anyways. i like buttons but that was because all my friends used buttons and i made the switch. the speed difference between stick/buttons are far to great for me to go back. i'm fine with tpc but at this point (the demo) the input time is horribly delays. it almost seems  like tpc has taken a step back. i mean i could literally put in a combo, put the control down and watch it happen on screen? i sincerely they up the response to animation delay. i am debating on if i should cancel my preorder. 

and for the low punching i much prefer a BUTTON modifer. made it so much easier

that makes 2 of us i done canceled my pre-order because of the very reason and the other guy saying one less crybaby or what ever i got something to say to you **bleep** not everyone plays fight night online and so no one cares to hear your 2 cents . it should be fair to add both options not just 1 for the d***heads that love TPC and say **** you to the ones who like buttons . make it fair .  aany way back on topic i canceled it and put the money towards 2 other pre-order games instead and along with that got UFC undisputed which btw has Buttons u can use on it .

Owner of a PS4 day 1 Launch system (soon to upgrade to much bigger HDD when it Supports 2TB+ HDDs)
ALSO OWNER OF 39' SAMSUNG LED FLAT SCREEN HDTV TO GO WITH THE PS4
PS4 FTW!!!!
Message 14 of 31 (26 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
153 posts

May 31, 2009

Anubyss wrote:

People always used tha face buttons online that's why I stopped playin online because people jus used face buttons which took away from tha whole boxing experience

This is EXACTLY what I was hoping for in the next Fight Night. And to all you button mashers who think you were a prodigy online because you could smash left hook, right hook, SAVE YOUR MONEY, and quit your complaining and criticism. Let the beatings begin.

Message 15 of 31 (26 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
715 posts

Jun 1, 2009
Word up one-Gun!!!! That's whut I'm sayin yo, button's jus make tha game cheap to me, aight I'll compremise button's can only be used in single-player not online there ya'll happy??????? Oh yea and for tha guy that pointed out that UFC has buttons....well...... why wouldn't it have buttons ummm you do need to kick and punch and grapple where as in in fight night all you need to do is punch or rather " box ". Man all I'm truly sayin is Box guy's jus dont throw a sluggfest and hope for tha best, be a boxer and use skill to win, I mean you dont play Madden and jus throw tha ball all day, do you not use strategy????
Message Edited by Anubyss on 06-01-2009 09:48 AM
anubyss
Message 16 of 31 (26 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4243 posts

Jun 2, 2009

Gump_ wrote:

OldBloodAndGuts wrote:

Gump_ wrote:
no buttons = no buy.

GREAT! One less crybaby.

LOL...why so hostile about it?

:manvery-happy: Just getting tired of this new button (or lack there of) configuration being called a controversy. It's not like people were able to use the buttons online, so I think it's a good move on the part of the dev's, to make the new game's controls unified.

MGO Box Head
Message 17 of 31 (26 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
170 posts

Jun 3, 2009

Anubyss wrote:
Word up one-Gun!!!! That's whut I'm sayin yo, button's jus make tha game cheap to me, aight I'll compremise button's can only be used in single-player not online there ya'll happy??????? Oh yea and for tha guy that pointed out that UFC has buttons....well...... why wouldn't it have buttons ummm you do need to kick and punch and grapple where as in in fight night all you need to do is punch or rather " box ". Man all I'm truly sayin is Box guy's jus dont throw a sluggfest and hope for tha best, be a boxer and use skill to win, I mean you dont play Madden and jus throw tha ball all day, do you not use strategy????
Message Edited by Anubyss on 06-01-2009 09:48 AM

ya that would make me very happy, i have used the sticks for both r2 and r3 but this new tpc leads to way too many unwanted body shots for me and i want to be able to control my shots so either buttons or make it so there is an option to where you have to push a buton to throw body shots, i just want to feel in control of the punches i throw that's all.
Message 18 of 31 (26 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1011 posts

Jun 7, 2009
Sorry but I like game that i can pick and play and i don't have to relearn from one game to another.  i don't mind the fact that the developers want people to play using the TPC option.  But the come one.  At least give us one option for face buttons.
Sig-VinTheDean
Message 19 of 31 (26 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
329 posts

Jun 9, 2009

Gump_ wrote:
no buttons = no buy.

Same, I'm sick of all the people on this forum who think people who play with buttons are skilless or something, yes if you don't know how to play the game just button mashing works. But after you play long enough the leaning dodging and blocking make button mashing useless, maybe i'm stupid but using the analog stick and blocking, dodging, and parrying i can't do all that same reason why i didn't buy ufc theres too much to do and as much as i try i can't get the hang of the submissions.

so looks like i won't be getting any realistic sports fighting game this year. I'm really sad about this.

Photobucket
Message 20 of 31 (26 Views)
0 Likes