Jul 22 2011
By: Ikyoto-jin Sackboy 538 posts

"Boy, that was stupid..." things you've done in FO3/FONV

25 replies 842 views Edited Jul 22, 2011

So there I was, just heading into the train station in New Vegas. I killed a couple eathclaws long distance with my sniper rifle and Boone's help before entering.

What I forgot is that on one side there is a small pack of blind deathclaws - when I leave the door, they are all over me like bloatflies on a dead mutie! And of course when they rip me apart, the autoload on death puts me... RIGHT THERE IN FRONT OF THEM AGAIN!

So I immediately start running and dropping all kinds of mines as I run. Basically ended up with a suit of armor that is useless, Boone and Ed-E knocked out and me with no more stim packs or mines left after shooting my way clear of the last three that managed to follow me while crippled.

Yeah... I should have checked the area before enering to make sure nothing would pop out when I exited.

What's your "slap myself for being stupid, but laughing too hard to do it" moment?

"What part of 'it's a game' don't you understand. If you get angry because of a game, please don't ever go to the DMV."
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 26 (842 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4880 posts

Re: "Boy, that was stupid..." things you've done in FO3/FONV

Jul 22, 2011

In FO3, the first time I blew up the Citadel, I got wiped out by the B.O.S. after returning in the Vertibird.

Like some kinda of moron, I was too busy gawking at the ruins of the Citadel to notice that the entire squad I was traveling with was out for blood. It was one of those "hey, who's shooting at what?" and "why am I losing health?" moments. By the time I realized what was happening, I was a smoking pile of ash.

I got a good chuckle at my stupidity on that one.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 26 (842 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4880 posts

Jul 22, 2011

I just want to point out that the censored word above is "m-o-r-o-n".

*facepalm*

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 26 (842 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
337 posts

Aug 1, 2011

Forgettinh lower levels cant fall as far as higher levels can.

"You're not gonna like it...Jaufree doesn't like it...The Countess of Bruma certainly won't like it.."

"I said you're not gonna like it....."
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 26 (842 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
439 posts

Aug 9, 2011

I'll be honest, I'm not answering your actual question.

But I'd just like to point out that I wish the Dart Gun from Fallout 3, were in New Vegas. Because as you may know, the Dart Gun cripples the enemies legs, making killing deathclaws or getting away from them, a bit easier. Ha. I miss that gun.

"If you think it, the camera will see it" - Wes Craven

"The first monster you have to scare the audience with is yourself"

- Wes Craven

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 26 (842 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
500 posts

Sep 19, 2011

Dumbest thing I've done is manually save like a half second before I died.  It was really early in very first playthrough, I was like level 2.  I stumbled across a giant radscorpion, tried to fight it, realized I wasn't doing hardly any damage, tried to run away.  Well I couldn't run fast enough because he kept catching up and stinging me.  For some reason I had a stupid moment, and when I got down to like 1 bar of health I decided to save.  Of course at that moment he was in the process of stinging me.  So I died, and it kept reloading me to that moment right before I died.  Had to start a new game.  Lol.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 26 (842 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
14 posts

Sep 23, 2011

i would have to say the dumbest moment i've had in both fallout games involves Deathclaws. i started playing FO3 and thought a deathclaw was just another creature to kill with my super sledge. yeah...... <_<

in New Vegas i ran into 2 deathclaws along Lonesome Road. turns out that they are much more powerful in New Vegas and the super sledge is not nearly as powerful. and i forgot the flare gun scares them.. how do you say "Torn to shreds" in another language?

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 26 (842 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
538 posts

Sep 23, 2011

If you find the one named "Rawr" in Lonesome, be ready to die. Just curl up and wait a few seconds, it'll happen.

"What part of 'it's a game' don't you understand. If you get angry because of a game, please don't ever go to the DMV."
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 26 (842 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
14 posts

Sep 27, 2011

haha. i'll remember to avoid him then

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 26 (842 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
642 posts

Oct 17, 2011

Ahh, I had these a lot in Fallout 3

1. I made the mistake of going into the Megaton Armory at Level 2, the Deputy torched me    I loaded the auto-save (which happened to be inside the Armory) and left, but then the whole town turned hostile.
  2. I left Raven Rock without the bobblehead (Not lethal, but it did prevent me from getting my bobblehead trophy for a while)

There's much more, but I tend to forget them

I'm So Happy, Cuz Today I Found My Friends, They're In My Head

-Lithium - Nirvana
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 26 (842 Views)
0 Likes