Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jul 26 2009
By: Showdown007 Lombax Warrior 132 posts

i need help.

7 replies 23 views Edited Jul 26, 2009
why does it keep telling me i am overcumbered. i cant run or even walk. wth. help?
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 8 (23 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1278 posts

Re: i need help.

Jul 26, 2009

You are carrying more stuff than you can hold. In you Pip-Boy under items on the top of the screen there should be something like this:

WG 247(random number)/230(random number). The first number is the amount of pounds you are currntly carrying (each weapon/armor/med (some)/misc item has a weight. Look at the WG by the item to know the weight.

The next number is the amount of weight you can carry, and in this example you are trying to carry more than you actually can, so you have become over-cumbered. Meaning you will be slowed down greatly. To get rid of some items so you are not over-cumbered, go to your Pip-Boy and press square on an item to drop it, therefor losing weight.

Some armor/drugs (like power armor) can increase you strength, making it so you can carry more.

HockeyFoo
^Please Join, say HockeyFoo recruited you, THANKS!^
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 8 (23 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
132 posts

Jul 26, 2009

*POSSIBLE SPOILERS* 

Some ways to reduce your weight without wasting your precious salvage:

Put on the Vault 101 Utility jumpsuit for the +5 Repair and repair worn guns with similar guns in your inventory.  Generally, repairing a gun then selling it will gain you more value than selling the individual, more worn out guns.  The only time you might not want to do this is if you're trying to accumulate the 20 Chinese Assault Rifles for Pronto in Paradise Falls.

Find a container in which to put things.  My favorite place to stash stuff is Tepid Sewers once I clear it out, but there are many other places where you can safely store stuff and you don't have to 'own' it beforehand.

Use a companion as a pack mule.  Especially if you give them power armor to wear, they can carry a lot of equipment for you.  Just don't forget to pull it off them when you go to a shop.

Build weapons from schematics.  The weapons will generally weigh less than the combined weight of the parts, freeing up some more carrying weight, and generally the weapon will be worth more than the combined value of the parts (a higher repair skill increases the value).

Take the Strong Back perk (STR 5, END 5 minimum required).

Only take junk with a weight-to-value ratio of 1:20 - Vodka, Nuka-Colas are a couple examples.  Most guns fit this ratio (or better), too.  Hording things is okay if you're nearby somebody you can sell to and can stand walking slowly for a little while.  Remember that merchants require 73 hours to replenish/change their wares, so you may need to use the wait feature a lot if you are too encumbered to fast travel.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 8 (23 Views)
Splicer
78 posts

Jul 26, 2009
wow ur a smart 1 huh it means u r carring 2 much just drop stuff u dont need
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 8 (23 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
835 posts

Jul 26, 2009
Check your weight

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 8 (23 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1522 posts

Jul 27, 2009

snake-daddy wrote:
wow ur a smart 1 huh it means u r carring 2 much just drop stuff u dont need

omg.... u came over to my house one day and asked the same question about oblivion.

Message Edited by A-BIack_Man on 07-26-2009 05:20 PM
Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 8 (23 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2530 posts

Jul 27, 2009

Showdown007 wrote:
why does it keep telling me i am overcumbered. i cant run or even walk. wth. help?

You are carrying too much stuff.

Message Edited by minkbikini on 07-27-2009 03:39 PM
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 8 (23 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
78 posts

Jul 30, 2009

thats not the point

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 8 (23 Views)