Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Sep 19 2009
By: Bue2_222 Fender Bender 3207 posts

Return or not to return, that is the qustion.

10 replies 24 views Edited Sep 19, 2009

A few months ago I bought a used copy of Fallout 3. But one day when I load the game in to play, the ps3 didn't read it. I looked at the cd and there is a chip in the label side and a crack in side the rim. I enjoyed the game and also half way to the end, so I bought another used copy with a 1-year warranty at eb-games and go to the end with no problems. So now i got 2 same copies (1 that works and 1 that doesn't).

Today i start to think that if I took the broken copy to ebgames with the warrany for the working copy. swich the broken copy for a good copy of fallout 3 and i can sale it to someone. the question is, should I do this or should i toss the broken copy in the trash?

Message Edited by Bue2_222 on 09-18-2009 11:21 PM
PS3 80GB July 27, 2008 - Feb 28.25, 2010 (was in a coma now alive)
My ps3 survive the Y2K10
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 11 (24 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
577 posts

Re: Return or not to return, that is the qustion.

Sep 19, 2009
well its very simple... to be honest or not to be honest? the RIGHT thing to do is to junk it and be happy that you have an AWESOME GAME to play. However, i would screw EBgames and get money
Counteract_ Trophy Card
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 11 (24 Views)
Wastelander
904 posts

Sep 19, 2009
It's not like EBGames/Gamestop ever rips off people. I would probably return it and sell it to a friend or something.
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 11 (24 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2443 posts

Sep 19, 2009

I can't tell you how many times they attempted to sell

me a game as "New" yet had been opened and played (by a store employee)
so while I should warn you it's fraud BUT since they are accused of no

less then piracy reselling games with no profit for developers

I'd make the attempt and let then deal with it. all they do is return

it and recieve either another new copy to sell or a refund.

it is a shady thing to do though since it will become someone else's

Nightmare if they resell it. I'd say unless stone smashed broke (you, cash wise) , toss the disc

it's the right thing to do. perhaps if more people did the "right thing"

we'd have more freedom then we currently do, and pricing might be lower.

then again, what do I know?

Photobucket

Games I am Currently Playing: DC Universe Online, Battlefield 4
PREORDERS: DESTINY (PS3) Diablo III Expansion (Reaper of souls) PSN: SSlarg add me!
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 11 (24 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
278 posts

Sep 20, 2009

Since what you are asking has two sides, I'll give two answers: one is based on law, the other is based on ethics.

Legal: It's small scale fraud. You would be willingly and knowingly returning something defective that was not bought from the place you are returning it to. Small scale, but still fraud.

Ethics: Just because someone (in this case a company) has done something to others in the past, does that make you doing it right or just childish "revenge". The fact that you are asking means you have some moral hesitation. In business I deal with a lot of people who have no problem treating others one way and me another because they are trying to get something from me... I take clients to lunch all the time and base my decision on whether or not to deal with them based on  how they treat the people around them. If they are willing to talk politely to the waiter or waitress to their face and insult them behind their back, how do I know I can trust them when they say something to me

Simple: Be the person you would want to face in business dealings, large or small. I have lost clients becasue of this, but the ones I have are ones I know I can count on, and they know they can count on me.

"Wait a minute... If you are a god and all powerful, why do you need worshipers?"
-said just before Toff the Archer was turned into a pool of oil by a god.
Telesco
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 11 (24 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5540 posts

Sep 20, 2009
If the warranty doesn't have the game serial number just go to the shop and return it. What the heck. They sold you a defective disk anyway at the beginning.
----
- I'm not a Playstation fanboy. I'm a Micro$oft hater. It's different.
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 11 (24 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
54 posts

Sep 20, 2009

I guess it would depend on if you are playing with good or evil karma...  you could return it for a new one (evil thing to do...) and then give it to some one that you think would like the game for free (good karma)  that way your will end up nutral...  It also depends on your barter skills...

good luck!

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 11 (24 Views)
Sackboy
462 posts

Sep 20, 2009
youre karma might go down 
Uncharted 2 Stats Card by JAKPRO.net - robert-titzer
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 11 (24 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3233 posts

Sep 20, 2009

Here is what is going on in your head right now.

Evil side: Turn it in and then sell it you'll make a ton of money by cheating the system.

Good Side: What would your mother say be honest

Evil Side: You can buy honesty with MONEY!

Good Side: Why do you need money? Earning your money is more satifingy than stealing it

Evil side: Hey tinckerbell come here for a second

Good side: Ohhh my

Narrator: They get into a fight and you end up losing your mined and you choose.........

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 11 (24 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
76 posts

Sep 21, 2009
LOL I remember doing something similar like that. My Resistance game got chipped and i went to go buy a new one and soon as they gave me a used copy i went to look at the games and i switched discs with the  broken one and i told them that i wanted my money back.:smileyvery-happy:
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 11 (24 Views)
0 Likes