First Son
29 posts

Re: Fallout: New Vegas not even playable.

Jul 26, 2011

I didn't have a single problem with F:NV Dead Money.  I was really surprised to not encounter a single glitch.  Honest Hearts was real smooth.  I only had a problem with Joshua Graham when he was a temp follower during the White Legs quest... he got caught on a rock and I had to push him off.  Old World Blues is AMAZINGLY GOOD but as soon as I traveled to Big MT I had the framerate drop.  I just saved and loaded my game and the problem was fixed.  I have had it lock up on me a couple times but it has stopped.  Overall I am pretty satisfied with the patch work that Obsidian has done to get New Vegas running much more smoothly.  I hardly ever have a framerate drop and having the game lock up is almost non-existant now. 

Once I exchanged my copy of FFX-2 the game worked great.  I really enjoyed that game as well.  It was much better than I thought it was going to be and people didn't give it enough credit. 

Message 81 of 85 (805 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Feb 6, 2013
Yes I agree with taker-77, and also if you find your self in a battle lets say at Nelson. Then it does its really slow lag. You should stop save then exit the game so your right back to the ps3 system. Start the game Load your save where you where and you can continue your fight with out the lag and it will be normal again. It's a pain but it works.
Message 82 of 85 (737 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Jul 1, 2013
the PC version of Fallout New Vegas does not lag at all I have the PC version myself that's the only way I can play it but I want the trophies for the ps3 version and the ps3 version will lag and freeze up after 20 minutes guaranteed but the PC version is just perfect as can be.
Message 83 of 85 (430 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2599 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 3, 2013

The DLC that screws up both FO3 and FONV has already been tested and confirmed by many fans.

In FO3, the reason the game becomes unstable is having either:

-Point Lookout

-Mothership Zeta

In FONV, the reason the game becomes unstable is by having:

-Honest Hearts

-Lonesome Road

Those DLC`s cause major script problems that cause it to crash. This is true, because it was also an issue on PC. Someone on the nexus mod forums fixed it though for PC in both games. For PS3 and 360, it remains unpatched. Pretty **bleep**. Seeing how much more stable skyrim is, i have hope Fallout 4 for PS4 will do much better.

Message 84 of 85 (417 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
20 posts

Aug 7, 2013
The bigger your savefile gets, the more often the game will slow down to a halt... After going thru Platinum Trophy and all the expansions... My save was 12 Mb... I could play for about 20 minutes.

Message 85 of 85 (368 Views)
0 Likes