Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
First Son
8 posts

Re: Fallout: New Vegas not even playable.

Jan 22, 2011

I've tried all of that Taker. Non of that worked for me. Im 86 hours into the game and Bethesda told me to start a new game to make it stop freezing. hahahahahahaha What a joke! I had to put this game down until they come out with a REAL fix.

Please use plain text.
Message 21 of 85 (371 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
14969 posts

Jan 22, 2011

Volumetrix wrote:

I've tried all of that Taker. Non of that worked for me. Im 86 hours into the game and Bethesda told me to start a new game to make it stop freezing. hahahahahahaha What a joke! I had to put this game down until they come out with a REAL fix.

i wonder..  can you demand money back if it's a glichy game like this??

since if you bought a product and it's not working properly.. aka.. with defects??  can we refurn it for  refund like other products???

no??.. just wondering..

since it looks like they take people's money and give them .. crappy product that not even works.... i wonder if anyone actually suing them yet..  since this could be a case for a lawsuit!!!  since all the games released by bethestha.. is not exactly working right out of the box..  (maybe Fallout Las Vegas is the worst of them all.. )..

anyway.. on other note..

i heard they planning a nother patch soon?? or something..

To QUOTE- TOP RIGHT of the reply box - To MULTI-QUOTE
Forum Survival Tips for New Members
PSP and PS3 owner..YES...i still play the LAST GEN systems
**********The LAST GUARDIAN**********
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Message 22 of 85 (371 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
131 posts

Jan 23, 2011

I'm generally disgusted with the sue-happiness of our society, but this is something I agree with. If the game doesn't work as advertised they should have to refund you.

I honestly wonder what the hell these companies' quality control does. There is no way freezing/glitching of this magnitude just escaped their attention. I also thought Sony had a quality control team look at games as part of their licensing procedure. Why the hell would they approve of this? If it's unplayable they are just ripping people off. Luckily I saw enough of this at a friend's house not to waste my own money.

Please use plain text.
Message 23 of 85 (371 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
226 posts

Jan 23, 2011

Glarung wrote:

I'm generally disgusted with the sue-happiness of our society, but this is something I agree with. If the game doesn't work as advertised they should have to refund you.

I honestly wonder what the hell these companies' quality control does. There is no way freezing/glitching of this magnitude just escaped their attention. I also thought Sony had a quality control team look at games as part of their licensing procedure. Why the hell would they approve of this? If it's unplayable they are just ripping people off. Luckily I saw enough of this at a friend's house not to waste my own money.

No offense but Bethesda isn't Sony, Bethesda is Bethesda & their games have all historically been buggy on consoles.  Not to sound cynical, but when money (or the potential for big bucks) is shoved in your face it tends to answer "all questions".  The game isn't buggy to the point of being broken, it's simply buggy to the point where you must save often, just as with their past console games from this particular company.  On the plus side, their games are typically much more stable on the PC side which tells be that it's more about the translation to console form.  

Please use plain text.
Message 24 of 85 (371 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1071 posts

Jan 23, 2011

Randzz01 wrote:

No offense but Bethesda isn't Sony, Bethesda is Bethesda & their games have all historically been buggy on consoles.  Not to sound cynical, but when money (or the potential for big bucks) is shoved in your face it tends to answer "all questions".  The game isn't buggy to the point of being broken, it's simply buggy to the point where you must save often, just as with their past console games from this particular company.  On the plus side, their games are typically much more stable on the PC side which tells be that it's more about the translation to console form.  

I have to disagree about the game only being buggy and not broken.  Having to save every 10 minutes because the game is going to freeze after playing it for only 20-30 minutes is beyond buggy to me.  That is broken and unplayable.  I would say the game fit under the "buggy" category for about 50 hours, but then it all goes to hell once your save file becomes too large (7 MB seems to be the cut off point according to my own experience and reading posts on the the Bethesda forums).  I never experienced this issue with Oblivion or Fallout 3.  If I look at my save files for those two games, I played Oblivion for 150 hours and Fallout 3 for 95.  I experienced the usual, occasional freeze with both them throughout the experience.  It didn't degrade over time though.  With New Vegas, they have clearly done something that has made the experience deteriorate as you get further into the game.

I'm sure if the testers tested individual components of the game, they would have never noticed this problem.  If they did a proper end-to-end functional test, they had to have seen this problem.

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 25 of 85 (371 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
226 posts

Jan 24, 2011

MarshallFaulk28 wrote:

Randzz01 wrote:

I have to disagree about the game only being buggy and not broken.  Having to save every 10 minutes because the game is going to freeze after playing it for only 20-30 minutes is beyond buggy to me.  That is broken and unplayable.  I would say the game fit under the "buggy" category for about 50 hours, but then it all goes to hell once your save file becomes too large (7 MB seems to be the cut off point according to my own experience and reading posts on the the Bethesda forums).  I never experienced this issue with Oblivion or Fallout 3.  If I look at my save files for those two games, I played Oblivion for 150 hours and Fallout 3 for 95.  I experienced the usual, occasional freeze with both them throughout the experience.  It didn't degrade over time though.  With New Vegas, they have clearly done something that has made the experience deteriorate as you get further into the game.

I'm sure if the testers tested individual components of the game, they would have never noticed this problem.  If they did a proper end-to-end functional test, they had to have seen this problem.

Photobucket

I've not had an issue with my saves being corrupted & certainly no deterioration as I've gotten further into the game (I've done 1 playthrough as of this point. Plan on another & finding as many locations as possible).  I've had quite a few freezes & "indefinite loading" times though.  I think that Bethesda did test it... on the PC (which I've heard is relatively stable); unfortunately the PC isn't the console(s).  If it's any consolation (no pun intended) the rival system has issues with this game too,  & even more of them after the DLC is shoved in. 

My hope is that Bethesda really playtests the next Elder Scrolls game before it hits shelves.  

Please use plain text.
Message 26 of 85 (371 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
14969 posts

Jan 24, 2011

Glarung wrote:

afraid of being sue helped companies to release reliable products  

... and yeah.. bethesda need to be sue before they will get off their lazy butt and do something.. other than that.. they will just continue to give the consumers their trial products.. with patches coming later (maybe or maybe not..)

i'm sure somene will do it soon or later.. since this is a good case after all.. paying for a product and getting a defective product (given since it's a game.. you can't request a refund.. and only exchange..  but for the same defective game?? 

like i said... it's a good case   who ever suing has more chance of winning than the the idiots who sued microsoft over scatched discs.. LOL

To QUOTE- TOP RIGHT of the reply box - To MULTI-QUOTE
Forum Survival Tips for New Members
PSP and PS3 owner..YES...i still play the LAST GEN systems
**********The LAST GUARDIAN**********
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Message 27 of 85 (371 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1071 posts

Jan 24, 2011

Randzz01 wrote:

I've not had an issue with my saves being corrupted & certainly no deterioration as I've gotten further into the game (I've done 1 playthrough as of this point. Plan on another & finding as many locations as possible).  I've had quite a few freezes & "indefinite loading" times though.  I think that Bethesda did test it... on the PC (which I've heard is relatively stable); unfortunately the PC isn't the console(s).  If it's any consolation (no pun intended) the rival system has issues with this game too,  & even more of them after the DLC is shoved in. 

My hope is that Bethesda really playtests the next Elder Scrolls game before it hits shelves.  

I think if you've managed a complete runthrough and your save file is over 7 MB, you're quite lucky if you are not getting the constant choppiness and subsequent freezing.  Bethesda/Obsidian need to figure out what's different from your system compared to others' (like myself).  I know I would definitely still be playing this game if mine ran like yours with only the odd freeze here and there.

I'm with you on the testing for Elder Scrolls V.  I'm very much looking forward to that one, and it's good they have a new engine.  We can only hope this engine plays a bit nicer with consoles.

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 28 of 85 (371 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
226 posts

Jan 24, 2011

If it helps here's what I got.   One of the older BW compatible PS3s (I'd bought the 80GB MGS4 bundle).  I replaced the HDD that it came with with a 320 GB.   As of this writing I've got about 212+GB of free space on it.  Beyond this I'm anal in keeping my electronics clean & well ventalated;  I clean the exterior & apply compressed air to the vent areas every so often so they don't get clogged. 

As far as FNV goes, I've got multiple saves: 2 saves plus the auto save.  One is my "every lit'l thing" save, where I save after I find a new location, get or complete a quest, get a new item & so forth.  My other is where I make a save every time I get a new level. 

Please use plain text.
Message 29 of 85 (371 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2530 posts

Jan 24, 2011

suggestions from the Bethesda forums (which may ar may not help):

http://forums.bethsoft.com/index.php?/topic/1149337-for-people-with-freezing-issues/

Please use plain text.
Message 30 of 85 (371 Views)
0 Likes