Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jan 02 2011
By: niner4life9 I Only Post Everything 905 posts

Fallout: New Vegas not even playable.

84 replies 5005 views Edited Jan 2, 2011

Man this game is doing nothing but freezing up. Every time I play it the game will eventually freeze up on me. Sometimes it will let me play for a couple of hours before it freezes but then sometimes it will freeze up after only a few minutes. I have to manually power down the PS3 because I can't even get back to the XMB. I have about 44 hours into the game and it as frozen up at least 20 times. They need to patch this game big time. I almost feel like taking it back to Best Buy and asking for my money back. It is a great game so this constant freezing makes me so damn mad.

Message 1 of 85 (5,005 Views)
First Son
2 posts

Re: Fallout: New Vegas not even playable.

Jan 2, 2011

Did the same for me as well. I was only 2 hours into the game and it froze on me about 10 times. It was almost impossible to progress the game because if it wasn't freezing, I was lagging HORRIBLY.  I don't know when/if this issue will be resolved. I had the same problem for Fallout 3 and it wasn't as severe. Weird...

Message 2 of 85 (5,005 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1570 posts

Jan 3, 2011

I hear you . This is the only game that will freeze up on me. Well that is only the Fallout games. Can't even finish Operation Anchorage on Fallout 3, it will freeze up in about 2 minutes every time. New Vegas started out good could play it for a while. Now I'm at level 30 and the thing will freeze up almost every 20 minutes or so, loading or even going through doors, it just stops, black screen, visual screen, just plain s u c k s. So f r i g g i n  p i s s e d. (sorry for the spaces but this new forum layout also plain s u c k s)

Message 3 of 85 (5,005 Views)
Last Guardian
13358 posts

Jan 3, 2011

I play this game on the 360 and it's the same way on that system too. I don't think the patch fixed the freezing issues that much. I still haven't bought the Dead Money dlc because of the freezing.

Message 4 of 85 (5,005 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4914 posts

Jan 3, 2011

Have you tried deleting the Game Data (NOT Saved Data)? Sometimes this really helps the freezing issues.

You could also try saving new games rather than overwriting the same file and/or turn off the autosave.

All of these are the quick cure-alls for both NV and FO3. I can't say for certain that it will work, but usually it does (especially deleting the Game Data).

Oh, and if you eject the disc after the game freezes, it will eventually restart the system for you. IDK for certain, but I figure that has got to be better for the PS3 than the manual shutdown.

Message 5 of 85 (5,005 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1071 posts

Jan 3, 2011

This game really should be recalled it's in such poor condition.  It started out with very minimal freezes for the first 50 hours, but as soon as my save file hit about 7 MB in size, the game is now at a point where it is guaranteed to freeze within 30 minutes of playing every single time.  I'm not going to suffer though that, so now I can no longer finish the game.  It's a shame really because the game is very fun.  It's just too bad they decided to release a piece of beta software to the public.

Photobucket
Message 6 of 85 (5,005 Views)
Lombax Warrior
226 posts

Jan 3, 2011

To be fair Fallout 3 & Oblivion also have issues.  This appears to be an issue on Bethesda's side of things regardless of the game.  

Message 7 of 85 (5,005 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
131 posts

Jan 14, 2011

Typical Bethesda. This is what you can count on when PC developers switch to console.

Message 8 of 85 (5,005 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2530 posts

Jan 14, 2011

postings on the Bethesda boards claim that the PC version doesn't freeze at all.

Message 9 of 85 (5,005 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
298 posts

Jan 15, 2011

This is happening to me as well, and I'm level 30 too. Anyways, I just can't stop playing this damn game it's so much fun. Hey, taker, thanks for reminding me to delete my game data. I used to delete it after every third freeze, which usually comes in the second day. I mean I still experience freezes after delete save data, but its way more frequent if I don't. I really wish that they made these freezes the first priority.

Message 10 of 85 (5,005 Views)
0 Likes