Wastelander
904 posts

Re: The Official Fallout New Vegas bugs and glitches thread! (possible Spoilers)

Oct 29, 2010

taker-77 wrote:

NCRsRightHandMan wrote:

Think i have a bunch of you beat.  Walked into the strip, collected some guys hat for bounty, told that merchant to bugger off, told the Robot i'd talk to Mr. house right away, then went back to the atomic wrangler for my reward. After i went to the King and got my passport. This is after the 2000 cap credit check.  Just wanted the passport too. Now i blackscreen after the loading screen for the strip. Tried to sneak in through the

monorail but can't.  i've been running all over doing other missions and trying after each of them. Even tried without Rex or Boone following me and still blackscreen. Best place in the game and i'm locked out. Anyone know of a backdoor into the strip? Thanks,

-nathan

Folks have been having this one a lot.

Seems that if you find an Old Cowboy Hat (which is a common headgear), and put it on when you enter the Strip, it will work. At least that is what others have claimed. Give it a shot.

Do as he says.

And to the other guy stuck in the 38, I think you have the same problem, but there is no way for you to get the Old Cowboy Hat.

Message 60 of 104 (467 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Re: The Official Fallout New Vegas bugs and glitches thread! (possible Spoilers)

Oct 29, 2010

Folks have been having this one a lot.

Seems that if you find an Old Cowboy Hat (which is a common headgear), and put it on when you enter the Strip, it will work. At least that is what others have claimed. Give it a shot.

Worked like a charm. Thanks a million. I'll go butcher in your honor  

Message 61 of 104 (467 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4918 posts

Oct 29, 2010

Glad to be of service.

Happy butchering.

Message 62 of 104 (467 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7346 posts

Oct 29, 2010

So far i'm glitched out of 2 quests. "No, Not Much" and "Return to Sender". There is no way for me to complete them.

grammatoad
Message 63 of 104 (467 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
473 posts

Oct 29, 2010

I have problem with the quest "Aba Daba Honeymoon"  I suppost to deliver drugs for Diane to Motor Runner and return to her once the drug is deliverd. I did that but when I return to her she keep saying "did you deliver the drug/package yet?" and there's no option says "Yes"  so I can't compelete this quest.... anyone experience the same problem??

Message 64 of 104 (467 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Oct 29, 2010

same thing happened to me. now the only quests I have available involve going to the strip, so the game has become basically unplayable. How lame. why even put a game out that is obviously still in the developmental phase. I'll never buy another Bethesda Software game. Too bad I can't get my $60 back. 

Message 65 of 104 (467 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
11 posts

Oct 30, 2010

For some reason when I try and interact with a terminal or open a lock, I either get a blurry screen or a big black box on the screen. 

I am doing the mission That Lucky Old Sun.  Was able to check out the terminals in the building, but now that I am outside, the terminal and lockpicking is glitching up.

No problems before the patch, now this.

Message 66 of 104 (467 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
904 posts

Oct 30, 2010

tlc1145 wrote:

For some reason when I try and interact with a terminal or open a lock, I either get a blurry screen or a big black box on the screen. 

I am doing the mission That Lucky Old Sun.  Was able to check out the terminals in the building, but now that I am outside, the terminal and lockpicking is glitching up.

No problems before the patch, now this.

Never heard of that before. Delete your game data (not saved) boot the game back up and press O when the patch notification comes up. Come back and say if it worked or not

Message 67 of 104 (467 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Oct 31, 2010

The problem I'm having is that the Terminal Screen will not show up.  I can hear it work and I can move the pad to select any options but I don't see what I'm doing.  Due to this bug I can't finish the HELOs 1 mission because I can't enter the passcodes to fix the Solar Array.  Also it suck because hacking into any terminal is pointless.  This glitch has been happing since day I bought the game even with the 1.01 patch.

The glitch I keep seeing is for the Rad scorpions (black/gold).  Every now and then they will get stuck in the ground.  Not a bad glitch, as it makes killing them a lot easier unarmed because they can't hurt you and you can still get the items from them after you kill them.

Message 68 of 104 (467 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10840 posts

Nov 1, 2010

Might have already been posted but....

If you haven't done a quest for House; DO NOT FINISH Vault 11.. It's an automatic failure of House's quest for some reason. I saved right before the last room thank goodness.

Message 69 of 104 (467 Views)
0 Likes