Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Oct 03 2010
By: Andeskro94 First Son 2 posts

Fallout 3 broken steel dlc problem! (PLEASE HELP!)

17 replies 4028 views Edited Oct 3, 2010

Hey

Two days ago i got all the dlc packs from a friend who had bought the fallout 3 dlc's earlier. I downloaded and installed them, but they didn't seem to work. I've several saves, both in and out of the main quest and also by finishing the game. Nothing of this seemed to work. So i decided to buy the broken steel dlc instead and see if that worked better, which it didn't.

I don't know if this is worth mention, it will probably just confuse you;

when a download finishes at ps3 it startes installing the contes just after the download is complete. But this time it didn't. I had to manually install it by clicking on it.

I've also checket if I've got the right BLES kind of number, and it the right number.

I've searched all over the web, and I can't seem to get any helpful answers. Please comment if you have any idea how to do it, or if you're experiencing the same sort of problem.

Cheers from Anders

Message 1 of 18 (4,028 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
298 posts

Re: Fallout 3 broken steel dlc problem! (PLEASE HELP!)

Oct 3, 2010
How do you know it doesn't work? I mean to say is that you know it installed correctly if it says something like "level cap has increased to 30 Broken Steel addon." I think you only get this message once right when you load up your game, but I would say that just to make sure go back to an old save/create a new game where you exit the vault. If that message doesn't come up, then you are screwed. As for the "ps3 installing after download is complete," I've never had that happen before I always have to manually click install on my screen, so I have no idea how you can make your ps3 do that.
Message 2 of 18 (4,028 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
904 posts

Oct 3, 2010

On the main screen it should say "downloads" select it and BS should be listed there. If it isn't something is wrong.

I think there was an issue with Canadian discs so you might want to read up on that.

My only suggestion is to delete game data and DLC and reinstall it.

Message 3 of 18 (4,028 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1312 posts

Oct 3, 2010
I don't know if there is an issue with the Canadian DLC, seems odd to me, because I didn't have any issues like that.

Just reinstall them, maybe even redownload them. Proceed to delete Game Data, like Gilliand mentioned, thats also good, you might even try doing that first. But just reinstall the DLC and load your game up.

If installed correctly, it will say something like "You have discovered a new radio signal" or "The Level cap has been raised to 30"

I am war, I am pain, I am all you've ever slain, I am tears in your eyes, I am grief, I am lies
Message 4 of 18 (4,028 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
904 posts

Oct 4, 2010

Sgt-Noob-Hunter wrote:
I don't know if there is an issue with the Canadian DLC, seems odd to me, because I didn't have any issues like that.

Just reinstall them, maybe even redownload them. Proceed to delete Game Data, like Gilliand mentioned, thats also good, you might even try doing that first. But just reinstall the DLC and load your game up.

If installed correctly, it will say something like "You have discovered a new radio signal" or "The Level cap has been raised to 30"

I think it had to do with Canada getting two different discs and only one got DLC. I thought it was fixed though so idk

Message 5 of 18 (4,028 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Dec 19, 2010

Yeah, it does not work for me either. I downloaded, I clicked it to install it, it worked for that part. I go into Fallout 3, and load where I last saved, which was at the last part of the game in Jefferson Memorial. (FYI - I didn't get any pop up to tell me that level cap is raised to 30, or anything like that at all). So, after Dr. Lee talks to Sentinel Lyons (over the intercom), she talks to me, the usual at the ending. However, it doesn't give me the new options it's supposed to, like letting Fawkes do it. This is extremely frustrating, I REALLY want to play the DLC! Please help! 

P.S.

For anyone else who has the same problem, reply please!

- KhaosKing5

Message 6 of 18 (4,028 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Dec 19, 2010

Btw, it doesn't show up in my Downloads in the in-game Main Menu in Fallout 3. I also deleted my Game Data, but when I went to go back into the game to start from scratch, all my saved data was still there. I do live in Canada, and purchased my disk in Canada. With that being said, there actually might be an issue with the Canadian disks/games. Once again, please help! 

Message 7 of 18 (4,028 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Jan 10, 2011

Yes, I have the same problem, I have tried all these things, yet it still does not work, can anyone help us?

Message 8 of 18 (4,028 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4918 posts

Jan 11, 2011

Most of the time, the problem is that you have the disc coded for one region (Canadian/French or US) and a dlc coded for a different region. I've heard of Canadians buying the disc, assuming it's coded for Canada and it turns out to be a U.S. version. Then, if you download the french version (which I believe is required for a Canadian coded disc) it won't work on the U.S. version, and vice versa.

If you did download the wrong DLC version, try contacting Sony. I have also heard of people being a free download of the correct version.

Message 9 of 18 (4,028 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Mar 18, 2011

Hi.  It seems that Canadian users are to select and download the "French" version which still does offer both English and French Language.  I just made the same mistake as some of you did and downloaded the wrong one.  Sony is aware of the confusion and should refund the funds to your wallet.  You just need to email their support section and let them know what happened.  They really should make things clearer, but at least you can get this problem fixed.  Hope that helps

Message 10 of 18 (4,028 Views)
0 Likes