Highlighted
Feb 09 2010
By: plzdontkillme- Splicer 54 posts

Disappointment

12 replies 5 views Edited Feb 9, 2010
I have to say, I was disappointed after playing and beating Fallout 3. The ending was horrible, and why the heck did it follow right after the main quest. I mean, I didn't get side tracked and do the other quests. Then all of the sudden, I beat the game. I was a little peeved off by that. Now, I am 50/50 on buying New Vegas. 

What about everyone else?
Message 1 of 13 (5 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4918 posts

Re: Disappointment

Feb 9, 2010

plzdontkillme- wrote:
I have to say, I was disappointed after playing and beating Fallout 3. The ending was horrible, and why the heck did it follow right after the main quest. I mean, I didn't get side tracked and do the other quests. Then all of the sudden, I beat the game. I was a little peeved off by that. Now, I am 50/50 on buying New Vegas. 

What about everyone else?

Do yourself a favor and download the Broken Steel DLC. This will allow the game to continue indefinitely. It also raises the level cap to 30 and offers new perks. I can see why you would be annoyed that the game ends so quickly, if you just followed the main quest, but even without Broken Steel, you can play for many, many hours if you go off the beaten path.
Message 2 of 13 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
752 posts

Feb 9, 2010
The main story quest should be so much better in NV then it was in 3. NV is being made by the same people who did 1 and 2 so theres a good chance that its going to follow the original storyline. If thats true this game should be called fallout 3 and 3 should've been called fallout DC.
And now for something completely different
Message 3 of 13 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1422 posts

Feb 10, 2010
Well, the way you played it, you barely scratched the surface of the game...  Like Taker said, dl broken steel and take time to do some sidequesting and explore.  It's a joy to gear yourself up and go do some trekking in the waste.
Message 4 of 13 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
54 posts

Feb 10, 2010
Broken Steel is another $10.00 to download. My friend who is a Fallout addict waited for the GOTY edition. With that he got all the DLC included. I don't know what the "Cap Level" is all about. Not really understanding the raise from whatever it is, to 30 means...
Message 5 of 13 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4918 posts

Feb 10, 2010

plzdontkillme- wrote:
Broken Steel is another $10.00 to download. My friend who is a Fallout addict waited for the GOTY edition. With that he got all the DLC included. I don't know what the "Cap Level" is all about. Not really understanding the raise from whatever it is, to 30 means...

Without BS or the GOTY edition, the highest level you can reach is level 20. Raising it to 30 will give you more perks and stat increases.

Long story short, if you liked playing the game, but was just disappointed by the fact that it ends, buy BS or the GOTY. If you didn't like the game, then kick it to the back-burner and forget about it.

Message 6 of 13 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
54 posts

Feb 10, 2010
I bought the collectors edition, so I am sure you could see that spending an extra 10 dollars PER DL is sort of outrageous. 
Message 7 of 13 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
538 posts

Feb 10, 2010
There are over 100 side missions with tons of places to explore even in the regualr version. You only focused on the main mission, right? You missed a ton of stuff to do. This isn't a linear game, it's a RPG where you try to make your character level up and tweak it into butt kicker of epic proportions, not just try to finish the game as soon as possible.
"What part of 'it's a game' don't you understand. If you get angry because of a game, please don't ever go to the DMV."
Message 8 of 13 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
107 posts

Feb 10, 2010
If you want a conclusive ending that ties up all loose strings, Fallout is the wrong game for you.   The amazing story is told through the game, but as everyone else said...get Broken Steel, its good. 
Message 9 of 13 (5 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
32 posts

Feb 11, 2010

plzdontkillme- wrote:

You'll take the time to get on a message board and complain about FO3, but you can't be bothered to take 10 minutes and read up on it?  
 Wow.   

Message 10 of 13 (5 Views)