Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Mar 04 2010
By: eddiekane5000 Splicer 74 posts

DLC price drop?

10 replies 486 views Edited Mar 4, 2010

Does anybody know if there will ever be a price drop or a discounted bundle anytime soon? I've heard about all the bugs and it took a whole year later to come out so I'm not willing to pay full price for the DLC, but I do want to play them sometime in the near future.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 11 (486 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5740 posts

Re: DLC price drop?

Mar 5, 2010

eddiekane5000 wrote:

Does anybody know if there will ever be a price drop or a discounted bundle anytime soon? I've heard about all the bugs and it took a whole year later to come out so I'm not willing to pay full price for the DLC, but I do want to play them sometime in the near future.

i wouldnt count on it for now. they havent dropped on the other console. if you really want to play them, sell your copy and hunt for a goty edition. 

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 11 (486 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
16259 posts

Mar 5, 2010

un4gvn2 wrote:

eddiekane5000 wrote:

i wouldnt count on it for now. they havent dropped on the other console. if you really want to play them, sell your copy and hunt for a goty edition. 

good idea. unfortunately i think $50 for the 5 dlcs was way too much for what they brought to the game.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 11 (486 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
298 posts

Mar 11, 2010

Even if the DLC's were free, I would not run it. Expect major freezing, lagging, and frame rate dropping because the DLC is just trash. I have no idea how no one has sued Bethesda for such crappy DLC that is freaking expensive. Just saying, I downloaded all four of the contents, but only played two (Swamp; Zeta). I was too scared that it would ruin my PS3 since I had 3 crashes throughout both of the DLC's. Very dissapointed that I actually spent all that money for something I wouldn't even play, but I would rather be out 4 DLC's worth of money than $150 to get my PS3 repaired.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 11 (486 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Mar 17, 2010

I've experienced my share of crashing and freezing after downloading the DLCs, and I'll agree that they are not worth the $50 combined. You'll get about $30 worth of fun(and I'm being a little generous here).

However, suing them over crappy DLC would be pointless - you wouldn't even get into the court room, and here's the exact quote that would make the judge slap the **** out of you:

"We did not force anyone to buy our product - they bought it of their own free will."

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 11 (486 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
155 posts

Mar 20, 2010

Just get Fallout 3 GOTY edition. If you look around hard enough, you'll find it pretty cheap. I got my GOTY edition for $40 at a local electronics store (Not a franchise, so you probable wouldn't know it) which is a COMPLETE bargain. I'm willing to bet you can find it for $30 somewhere.

funkybunk
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 11 (486 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
247 posts

Mar 23, 2010

X-Play reported the other day that XBL is dropping the price of it's Fallout 3 DLC. Hopefully PSN will follow suit.

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 11 (486 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
9586 posts

Mar 29, 2010
I bought Zeta Mothership, Point Lookout, and Broken Steel and never had problems expect for frame rate drops and slowdown. I know that XBL had the DLC on sale for $5 each for a limited time. It would be nice if PSN followed suit as I just need Operation Anchorage and The Pitt to complete the DLC.
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 11 (486 Views)
Wastelander
876 posts

Mar 30, 2010

I haven't played these yet either. Wanted to pick them up, but the price just seemed too high.

Don't know if we'll see a price drop on the downloads. Perhaps they'll do some kind of special before New Vegas comes out, though. Who knows.

I'm probably just going to pick up the GOTY edition at some point anyway.

0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
247 posts

Apr 4, 2010

I just have The Pitt and Mothership Zeta left but I'm holding off on buying them to see if PSN will drop the price like XBL did.

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 11 (486 Views)
0 Likes