Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
May 26 2011
By: ZAFO- Lombax Warrior 188 posts

Baby Arms!

4 replies 358 views Edited May 26, 2011

I've noticed an occasional problem with throwing grenades that causes them to travel only a few feet.  I have seen it happen a couple of times in the penthouse of the Lucky 38 when I am going after Mr. House and fighting his robots, trying to hit them with pulse grenades or regular grenades.  I've also seen it in a few other places.  I can't remember it ever happening outside so I think it only happens indoors.  It happens using VATS as well.  And my limbs AREN"T crippled.  I check.

It's kind of like when a little kid says "Look what I can do!"  and they throw a ball and it only goes a few feet in front of them and you are supposed to act amazed. (keep practicing kids, I'm not impressed)  But my character is a grown man so what's going on?

If anyone else has had this occur I'd like to know.  Also, If you have any other glitches to mention feel free to bring it up here.  I had a glitch thread going a while back but it's buried way in the bottom, probably around page 10 or so, and I don't want to repost in it pointlessly just to ressurect it.

Message 1 of 5 (358 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2144 posts

Re: Baby Arms!

May 27, 2011

i know what you mean.

in vats, my guy is usually a MLB pitcher, but sometimes mabye its just a bad toss?

if i dont use vats, i usually just get myself killed. the grenade falls right at my feet.

-evilbunny

Message 2 of 5 (358 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2109 posts

Jul 16, 2012

Yes, that has happened to me too, both on Fallout 3 and Fallout New Vegas.  The first time it happened on Fallout 3, I actually had a similar reaction (did a baby take over this?).

If I recall right (I haven't played either game in a few months), you basically can't just tap the grenade button.  You have to hold it down a little first before letting go.

Message 3 of 5 (357 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
16259 posts

Jul 22, 2012
lolz nascardude, the fallout forum is a sconch slower than the gt one.

Message 4 of 5 (347 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1136 posts

Jul 25, 2012

I stopped using grenades for that reason. Everytime I thought I had a good toss, it would land at my feet.

An open mind is like a fortress with it's doors unguarded and unbarred
Message 5 of 5 (340 Views)
0 Likes