Reply
Sackboy
Registered: 02/11/2007
Offline
519 posts
 

Re: expensive cards mean nothing!

Oct 31, 2007


Xeron wrote:
the card is nice but it doesnt hold down very well, pretty much any card can attack and remove it from the field.



On the contrary... the card also gains a dodge attempt.  So, for two mana, the holder has a card that can do 3 damage, and could possibly take two attacks to kill.  Not to mention she can choose one out of the two spaces in front of her to attack. 
_-_-_-_-_My Betas_-_-_-_-_-_

Warhawk (closed)
Resistance 2 (closed)
Socom: Confrontation (open)
LittleBigPlanet (closed)
Killzone 2 (closed)
MAG (closed)
Battlefield: Bad Company 2 (closed)
Modnation Racers (closed)
Medal of Honor (closed)
Dead Space 2 (closed)
Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 69 (353 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
First Son
Registered: 03/19/2004
Offline
11 posts
 

Re: expensive cards mean nothing!

Oct 31, 2007
I think in the end that this game is heavily reliant on strategy.  That's a good thing, especially with idiots copying cards. I think I should ask everyone before playing if they copy, and then not play them if they do.
Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 69 (353 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 02/28/2007
Offline
156 posts
 

Re: expensive cards mean nothing!

Oct 31, 2007


Skandall wrote:
I'd take advice from you if I thought it was worth anything.  Why is it that everytime I try to watch a replay of your games they all end before Open Field?  Oh wait, nevermind the answer to that question is obvious: Stat Padding!  You have over 1400 Honor.  Let's assume that you have done the impossible and won every game you've played; that would mean you earned an average of 4 honor per game.  In order to attain the amount of honor the rankings say you have, you'd need to have played 24 hours a day for just over a week.  Since, that is clearly impossible, as is winning every game you play, it is obvious that your rank is meaningless.  MasterShake (that's not how he spells it but that's what his PSN means) does the same thing.  Fact of the matter is that I highly question the validity of any player with an honor score above 700.  We all know that players with scores that high and with game replays that end right away are stat padding.  We also know that stat padding is a direct violation of the PSN TOS.

Personally, I look forward to a global rank reset after this exploit is fixed.  Then we'll be able to see who should be handing out advice.


its excatly what he did. Not everyones replay shows. As a matter a fact i have yet to see anyones replay even show. They all just stop like after 2 seconds.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Lets ask Snoop if he would buy any other system besides a PS3

Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 69 (353 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
First Son
Registered: 10/29/2007
Offline
15 posts
 

Re: expensive cards mean nothing!

Oct 31, 2007
how are you guys checking his stats?
Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 69 (353 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Splicer
Registered: 03/21/2007
Offline
53 posts
 

Re: expensive cards mean nothing!

Oct 31, 2007


heyitsgonzo wrote:


Skandall wrote:
I'd take advice from you if I thought it was worth anything.  Why is it that everytime I try to watch a replay of your games they all end before Open Field?  Oh wait, nevermind the answer to that question is obvious: Stat Padding!  You have over 1400 Honor.  Let's assume that you have done the impossible and won every game you've played; that would mean you earned an average of 4 honor per game.  In order to attain the amount of honor the rankings say you have, you'd need to have played 24 hours a day for just over a week.  Since, that is clearly impossible, as is winning every game you play, it is obvious that your rank is meaningless.  MasterShake (that's not how he spells it but that's what his PSN means) does the same thing.  Fact of the matter is that I highly question the validity of any player with an honor score above 700.  We all know that players with scores that high and with game replays that end right away are stat padding.  We also know that stat padding is a direct violation of the PSN TOS.

Personally, I look forward to a global rank reset after this exploit is fixed.  Then we'll be able to see who should be handing out advice.


its excatly what he did. Not everyones replay shows. As a matter a fact i have yet to see anyones replay even show. They all just stop like after 2 seconds.


No, they don't stop after two seconds.  I've watched at least half a dozen that replay the whole game.  The replay only stops after two seconds if there was a disconnect and those are mistakenly being counted as a win for the person hosting the room.  A disconnect before Open Field and a game where a player surrenders before the first turn ends should not be counted towards the stats in any way.

Are you seriously saying that you believe that this guy has been playing EoJ 24 hours a day for the past seven days with no breaks for sleep, food, or going to the bathroom?  It is simply impossible for anyone to legitamately attain the amount of Honor he claims to have in the week that EoJ has been out (1500 Honor).  Let's say he gained an average of 4 honor per game he played (i.e., he has won every game he's played, which is statistically impossible).  That means he's played 375 games.  1 game can take anywhere from 30 to 60 minutes, but for the sake of simplicity, we'll say he always wins in exactly 30 minutes.  375 games would take 7 days 19 hours and 30 minutes to play.  Mind you that's non-stop playing and assuming that every game he "played" earned him 4 honor.

There is no doubt that his rank is the result of stat padding and that he doesn't deserve it nor has he earned it.  Indeed, the ranks are meaningless until this bug is fixed.


Message Edited by Skandall on 10-31-2007 02:22 PM
---------- Begin Rant ----------
In a world where the internet allows humanity to communicate their interests, opinions, feelings, and generally make their voice heard, it is more than a little saddening that their chosen voice is so often that of a whiny homophobic caveman whose vocabulary consists of perhaps a dozen expletives and a handful of one syllable words which they are incapable of forming into complete, never mind coherent, sentences.
While you take your ability to read and write for granted by ignoring what you learned and butchering its spelling and grammar, somewhere in the world an underprivileged child cries because they have no school in which to learn how to read and write.
Don't be a caveman and don't be an ingrate; write like it's a privilege and not a right.
---------- End Rant ----------
Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 69 (353 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 12/20/2006
Offline
1010 posts
 

Re: expensive cards mean nothing!

Oct 31, 2007
gonzo no need to defend me, my reply to this is Challenge me and lose! I have practiced many of times befor even attempting a rank match and I have accuired the games game play quite well. As for the replay it happens not all replays show but just for you I will not stop untill there is a replay visable in the game (how ever this is after I take my kids trick or treating. I have taught many of my peers how to learn a great stratigy for their decks as well as the ability to construct a deck that doesn't  conflict with each card. there were times when I played this game for 24 hours non stop  ask anyone in my friends list they actually think I have no life here are a few of them

wizeguy22
heyitsgonzo
fuego__
wrekgar
blue_samurai
cherry21
sandrock
rusher2

and this is just a few that are on my list. I don't claim to have never lost because I would be a lier because I have lost tons in unranked matches, It's how iv'e gotten to where I am and how i learned certain stratigies.
please leave send me a message via psn so we can set up a match and I will record it with my cam like I have many of times and post it here. Befor you acuse someone of cheating I suggest you do your home work on that person becuase I was a well know yugioh player way befor this game and won many ranked games in magic the gathering.
card gamesis what I live for other then warhawk I mean
Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 69 (353 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 02/28/2007
Offline
156 posts
 

Re: expensive cards mean nothing!

Oct 31, 2007


Skandall wrote:
No, they don't stop after two seconds.  I've watched at least half a dozen that replay the whole game.  The replay only stops after two seconds if there was a disconnect and those are mistakenly being counted as a win for the person hosting the room.  A disconnect before Open Field and a game where a player surrenders before the first turn ends should not be counted towards the stats in any way.

Are you seriously saying that you believe that this guy has been playing EoJ 24 hours a day for the past seven days with no breaks for sleep, food, or going to the bathroom?  It is simply impossible for anyone to legitamately attain the amount of Honor he claims to have in the week that EoJ has been out (1500 Honor).  Let's say he gained an average of 4 honor per game he played (i.e., he has won every game he's played, which is statistically impossible).  That means he's played 375 games.  1 game can take anywhere from 30 to 60 minutes, but for the sake of simplicity, we'll say he always wins in exactly 30 minutes.  375 games would take 7 days 19 hours and 30 minutes to play.  Mind you that's non-stop playing and assuming that every game he "played" earned him 4 honor.

There is no doubt that his rank is the result of stat padding and that he doesn't deserve it nor has he earned it.  Indeed, the ranks are meaningless until this bug is fixed.


Message Edited by Skandall on 10-31-2007 02:22 PM

ok i'm going to try to see all the top players replays and hell even my own, and i'll record (& post it) to see if they work or not. And if they don't then everyone must be "stat padding". right?
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Lets ask Snoop if he would buy any other system besides a PS3

Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 69 (353 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
First Son
Registered: 10/29/2007
Offline
15 posts
 

Re: expensive cards mean nothing!

Oct 31, 2007
again i have to ask, how are they checking your stats, and how do you watch replays?
Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 69 (353 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 12/20/2006
Offline
1010 posts
 

Re: expensive cards mean nothing!

Oct 31, 2007
you do know that you can win a game less then 15 min into the game alone if you play against players that are of novice lvl like most of you are especially people that are new two card games witch most of my opponents were

Skandall wrote:


heyitsgonzo wrote:


Skandall wrote:
I'd take advice from you if I thought it was worth anything.  Why is it that everytime I try to watch a replay of your games they all end before Open Field?  Oh wait, nevermind the answer to that question is obvious: Stat Padding!  You have over 1400 Honor.  Let's assume that you have done the impossible and won every game you've played; that would mean you earned an average of 4 honor per game.  In order to attain the amount of honor the rankings say you have, you'd need to have played 24 hours a day for just over a week.  Since, that is clearly impossible, as is winning every game you play, it is obvious that your rank is meaningless.  MasterShake (that's not how he spells it but that's what his PSN means) does the same thing.  Fact of the matter is that I highly question the validity of any player with an honor score above 700.  We all know that players with scores that high and with game replays that end right away are stat padding.  We also know that stat padding is a direct violation of the PSN TOS.

Personally, I look forward to a global rank reset after this exploit is fixed.  Then we'll be able to see who should be handing out advice.


its excatly what he did. Not everyones replay shows. As a matter a fact i have yet to see anyones replay even show. They all just stop like after 2 seconds.


No, they don't stop after two seconds.  I've watched at least half a dozen that replay the whole game.  The replay only stops after two seconds if there was a disconnect and those are mistakenly being counted as a win for the person hosting the room.  A disconnect before Open Field and a game where a player surrenders before the first turn ends should not be counted towards the stats in any way.

Are you seriously saying that you believe that this guy has been playing EoJ 24 hours a day for the past seven days with no breaks for sleep, food, or going to the bathroom?  It is simply impossible for anyone to legitamately attain the amount of Honor he claims to have in the week that EoJ has been out (1500 Honor).  Let's say he gained an average of 4 honor per game he played (i.e., he has won every game he's played, which is statistically impossible).  That means he's played 375 games.  1 game can take anywhere from 30 to 60 minutes, but for the sake of simplicity, we'll say he always wins in exactly 30 minutes.  375 games would take 7 days 19 hours and 30 minutes to play.  Mind you that's non-stop playing and assuming that every game he "played" earned him 4 honor.

There is no doubt that his rank is the result of stat padding and that he doesn't deserve it nor has he earned it.  Indeed, the ranks are meaningless until this bug is fixed.


Message Edited by Skandall on 10-31-2007 02:22 PM


Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 69 (353 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Splicer
Registered: 03/21/2007
Offline
53 posts
 

Re: expensive cards mean nothing!

Oct 31, 2007


Otic wrote:
you do know that you can win a game less then 15 min into the game alone if you play against players that are of novice lvl like most of you are especially people that are new two card games witch most of my opponents were



This is your defense?  You claim that you have actually played for 24 hours straight and that sometimes you win in 15 minutes.  You claim that the you can prove your skills with a duel, but if you lose, what will be your excuse be then?  The last time I went up against a player with over 600 honor and 150 straight wins, I beat him on turn 8.  We can duel all you want but that won't prove you haven't been padding your stats.

The point here is'nt whether or not you're good at the game, but rather whether or not you have abused the disconnect bug to pad your stats to a high level before you started to actually play out your duels.  It is my personal, and strong, belief  that you are guilty of stat padding.  The only thing that will change my opinion is if there is a global rank reset after the bug is fixed and you manage to attain the same level of honor in the same amount of time.  If that happened, then I'd likely owe you an appology, but I'm certain that it won't.
---------- Begin Rant ----------
In a world where the internet allows humanity to communicate their interests, opinions, feelings, and generally make their voice heard, it is more than a little saddening that their chosen voice is so often that of a whiny homophobic caveman whose vocabulary consists of perhaps a dozen expletives and a handful of one syllable words which they are incapable of forming into complete, never mind coherent, sentences.
While you take your ability to read and write for granted by ignoring what you learned and butchering its spelling and grammar, somewhere in the world an underprivileged child cries because they have no school in which to learn how to read and write.
Don't be a caveman and don't be an ingrate; write like it's a privilege and not a right.
---------- End Rant ----------
Please use plain text.
Message 20 of 69 (353 Views)
Reply
0 Likes