Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Mar 19 2008
By: DanteLegacy~ Lombax Warrior 205 posts

I am scare getting into series 2 now, it's getting way too expensive

18 replies 1 views Edited Mar 19, 2008

I love the game, but I it's getting expensive, I got the game about a month ago, and spent about $600 so far, and I don't even have the complete set!

I am in the borderline, either quit now put all my cards on ebay or invest more money in the game, looking back now, I thought I could had spend that money in something else. Anyone here feel this way?

I was about a second away on pre-ordering the second set today 2 boxes and 5 decks $280.

It's just to much $$$ for one game. Maybe drop the price down a bit could help. I let you know If I decide to put my cards on ebay, I almost have the complete set, and a bunch repeated cards, I think I have about 600-700 extras.

Photobucket
Message 1 of 19 (1 View)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1328 posts

Re: I am scare getting into series 2 now, it's getting way too expensive

Mar 19, 2008

Don't give up i know it's expensive but in the end you'll be happy, i've spent like 500 on set 1  and i already got 3 boxes and 5 theme decks for set 2 $340

Don't get desesperate to complete the sets just take it easy and have fun

Interested in joining a solid gaming community send me a PM, I luv sharks :smileywink:
redsig
Message 2 of 19 (1 View)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4913 posts

Mar 19, 2008

DanteLegacy wrote:

I love the game, but I it's getting expensive, I got the game about a month ago, and spent about $600 so far, and I don't even have the complete set!

I am in the borderline, either quit now put all my cards on ebay or invest more money in the game, looking back now, I thought I could had spend that money in something else. Anyone here feel this way?

I was about a second away on pre-ordering the second set today 2 boxes and 5 decks $280.

It's just to much $$$ for one game. Maybe drop the price down a bit could help. I let you know If I decide to put my cards on ebay, I almost have the complete set, and a bunch repeated cards, I think I have about 600-700 extras.

I feel the same as you, I'm on the fence. I love this game, but DAMN it's expensive.

I havnt even gotten far into it, I've bought around 25 boosters (15 in the mail) and 4 Theme decks. I love playing this game, but I'm just worried I could spend my money elsewhere. Of course, the good thing about card games is the ability to resell your cards anyway. If I did ever quit, I could get a good chunk of my money back.
Miss me? Come say hi over at my new programming project page, Retro-Pixel Castles.
Hopefully coming to Steam in 2015!
Message 3 of 19 (1 View)
0 Likes
Survivor
2620 posts

Mar 19, 2008

i think u might be doing the wrong stuff or buying in wrong places.

i have one complete set. i spent around 500$ (including the game itself)

game+eye+starter deck+1booster =100

5 theme decks = +/- 65

+/- 100 bosters (lost track somewhere) = +/- 300€

plus some more money in sleeves and boxes and binders.

i work and study so i made a big effort in spending this amount of money. i traded for the rest of the cards. try trading with some ppl here

i also had to work extra hours to have money to preorder 1 set2 box and all theme decks. +/- 130$ (and one japanese set1 box that i just ordered)

i plan on buying another box later and some random booster. (to have around another 100 boosters). i'll trade my way to set again.

EOJ Reflections
Message 4 of 19 (1 View)
0 Likes
Sackboy
653 posts

Mar 19, 2008
I was just going to start a thread similar to this. I have spent close to 500 also. I am missing many URs and only have 1 phantom and they are releasing set 2 on us. ARGHHHH. I do  have a box of boosters coming in the mail so hopefully that will help but still pretty far away from a complete set 1 and makes me a little queasy when I think about how much Ive spent and not real close to a full set 1 yet.
Message 5 of 19 (1 View)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3749 posts

Mar 19, 2008
You can enjoy the game withouth having all the cards.  All you need is 1 booster box for $100, a theme deck for $15 and then depending on your box pull trade for the phantom and ur's you want.
Message 6 of 19 (1 View)
0 Likes
Sackboy
653 posts

Mar 19, 2008
Yeah but this game has me realizing I have a touch of the old OCD. I have to have all of them so I can try diffrent decks with all possible cards or I will always feel like Im missing something lol
Message 7 of 19 (1 View)
0 Likes
Sackboy
590 posts

Mar 19, 2008

See this is the reason why I think cards should be less rare. And here is my infallible argument.

People in this forums like the fact that some cards are rare especifically ultra rares. You need to buy 8 boosters(7.5) to get one(based on odds). And there are 14 I think might be wrong. But 14*8 = 116 boosters that need to be bough plus 5 theme decks to get all the cards(assuming that you trade and luck is in your side). The problem that common cards accumulate and you get a huge pile of cards of which only 3 are useful. I argued my point to death that having cards be less rare or giving out more rares per boosters would make the system better and eliminate waste but no one agreed. I guess people want to keep the value of their cards high by having less rare cards. 

I also asked if people would booster go down in price and everyone said that it would be an exelent Idea. Actually the responce was uhh duhh, Yeah what kind of dumb question is that. 

Here is where the hypocrasy comes into play. Is not good to offer more rare cards for boosters but it is to have boosters cost less. Both are exactly the same things. Since most peole will buy boosters for the ultra rares and trow away or give away the regular cards these two ideas are exactly the same. But they'll get different responces for who knows what reason.

Now taking: Advanced Graphics programing, Senior Project, Advanced Algorithms.
Now Playing: Call of Duty 4
Now Waiting: Battlefield 3 (Call of duty 4 with vehicles, 80 players and HUGE HUGE MAPS ).

Steven Colbert at the WhiteHouse

Steven Colbert at the WhiteHouse p2

Steven Colbert at the WhiteHouse p3
Message 8 of 19 (1 View)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
156 posts

Mar 19, 2008

Dude I'm right with you in having a really hard time decideing what to do.  I really like the game but then I think about all the other games I could be buying with the money I would have too spend for a couple of booster boxes.  I play this game allot but I think I would play 3-4 other games I could buy with the money more.  If the boosters were 2.50 each instead of 4 it wouldn't even be an issue.

Evil always wins in the end!
Message 9 of 19 (1 View)
0 Likes
Survivor
2620 posts

Mar 19, 2008

if u buy a booster box that's how much the booster ends up costing

100$/36= 2,7

EOJ Reflections
Message 10 of 19 (1 View)
0 Likes