Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jul 22 2009
By: Shortguy Treasure Hunter 6044 posts

Give me tips on how to take pictures with BEAT $$$

9 replies 3580 views Edited Jul 22, 2009
How do I make lot's of cash by taking pictures with Beat?  What determines the value of the picture?
Level 9,999 Laharl
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 10 (3,580 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
929 posts

Re: Give me tips on how to take pictures with BEAT $$$

Jul 22, 2009
I've actually been having some issues with this as well. I had managed to take many pictures, specifically during a boss fight, only to find out they didn't come out, and I can't figure out why. Hoping you get some helpful answers, as were both in the same boat. Unfortunately, this board doesn't seem too active.

BTW, feel free to add me on PSN, we seem to share many similar interests in games, and I happen to have some of the game you have as well =)
Ches-ka on http://thetester.com/

Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/theCheska
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 10 (3,580 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7744 posts

Jul 22, 2009

I think you have to be up close and try to get most of the monster/boss body in, including their weapons and they have to up in front too, that how I get B, A or S rank photos.

BTW you have 1337 posts.

"Can you see your end? Then death be yours!" ~ Brahms
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 10 (3,580 Views)
First Son
4 posts

Aug 16, 2009
Thanks for the suggestions, Myth. I came to the forums for that same reason. I'll be sure to try it out on my next boss battle because I know that you can make a buttload of cash off of them.
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 10 (3,580 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
8171 posts

Aug 17, 2009

I haven't had much luck taking pictures with Beat. It just seems so random how the game rates the photos you take. I've taken pictures up close that looked terrible (to me) and the game rates them B or A. Then other photos I've taken that look good I'll get a D rating. 

I've pretty much stopped taking pictures and just focus on killing the enemy.

How much are the 'S' pictures worth anyway? 

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 10 (3,580 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
633 posts

Aug 22, 2009

Early on its easier to take valuble pictures.  As your rank gets higher you gotta take better pictures.  Try getting both your characters in front of an enemy you're fighting and get nice and close with Beat and snap some shots.(not so close that you can strike at enemies)

After the pics are taken it takes a few minutes for them to develope fully.  After they're fully developed the Rank (A,B or C) will show up in front of the pictures.  Just trash the Rank C ones as they only pay out 1-8G.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 10 (3,580 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
838 posts

Aug 25, 2009

Depend on not only the ranking of the pic.. A B or C

but also if there is a "professional photographer" in the shop (virtual) you will never see this 

Only go to the item shop and choose "Sell Photo"

The merchant will say..

"Let us help you evaluate your work".. sell all your "b" and "c"  hold on the the "a"

or the merchant will say...

"We have a professional photographer in today.."

Sell your "A" for big cash... b's maybe.. c's only 1g and a slur..

It takes practice to get beat in depending on size of boss or monster.. but be sure you get a good mug shot, helps if enemy is in crisis. "leaning over hp down"

Long range shots are never going to bring in the dough. Best time to practice is when you really are straped for cash or need to level up to move fwd.

I fould myself doing this in Agogo village.. getting as much "Floral powder" as Beat could buy with his best 12 shots for 21,000g.. plus it takes time..

the professional photograher (virtual) is not always in the shop.. hit and miss.. but you'll get the drift. sometimes you just leave and reenter the store..

I found more luck when entering in with my first pic always an "A" and ever slot filled.. your mileage my vary

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 10 (3,580 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
227 posts

Dec 10, 2009
I have the game on both systems, and the picture taking is the same, so i will help out, U need to have Vivid Shot hooked up and u need to be in the light, make sure that when u take a pic of a Monster or Character u take a good well light pic and close up but not to close, make sure to take pics of boss's if u have Beat in the Party at the time of the encounter, and u will get lots of A's and believe me i do alot, and u can make a **bleep** load of Money from it..
Message Edited by ZFair on 12-09-2009 08:29 PM

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 10 (3,580 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3014 posts

Jul 6, 2010

I don't know that taking pictures was ever really worth it was it? I mean I tried it and got a few but I got everything I needed from grinding and selling off extra items. Its not like it takes an ungodly length of time to amass what's needed.

Disclaimer: All trophies are owned and not the result of rentals or falsified profile downloads.
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 10 (3,580 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
182 posts

Jul 12, 2010
Same here, I prefer to grind a little and sell older weapons or clothes that I have updated then take the time to take a good picture. They never fetch me more then 12 gold no matter how many times I have tried, and by grinding/farming I usually get enough Clover, trumpets and floral drops that money has not been an issue, hence no need to spend time photographing and besides easier for me to use another toon instead of Beat for most things.
Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 10 (3,580 Views)
0 Likes