Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Aug 27 2012
By: BrianMX34 Hekseville Citizen 363 posts

When Dawnguard comes out...

16 replies 464 views Edited Aug 27, 2012

That $h!t better be BUG AND GLITCH FREE!!!!! At no point should my frame rate drop a single frame, no freezing, no nothing! I can understand a delay to improve something but the fact that EVERY other system already has it and that rumors of the next DLC are starting to surface is just too much. Bethesda, this DLC had better be in pristine condition by the time it is released!

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 17 (464 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
849 posts

Re: When Dawnguard comes out...

Aug 27, 2012

That's if it gets released....

On my hand I aint in  rush to get the DLC.. Ive got 50Hrs in the game and still enjoying it level 28 :smileyhappy:

Cheers!

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 17 (447 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4893 posts

Aug 28, 2012

lol,

That is gonna be one disappointed guy

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 17 (439 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
61 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 28, 2012
Yea the big question is if it comes out. If it comes out it better be half off otherwise I'm waiting for GOTY edition.
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 17 (427 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2508 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 28, 2012

You know it's bad when the 2nd peice of DLC gets announced before you even have word that the first is going to be released o nyour console.

http://ca.ign.com/articles/2012/08/28/the-elder-scrolls-v-skyrim-hearthfire-announced

Heartfire introduces house building and raising children, I have a feeling we'll get DawnGuard and Heartfire together since it would seem kinda silly to fix it for one dlc then have the next dlc break it.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 17 (415 Views)
0 Likes
Umbrella Scientist
13730 posts

Aug 28, 2012

skyrim will be the last game i buy made by them...

http://www.blu-ray.com/community/collection.php?member=Grim%20Reaper
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 17 (407 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
113 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 30, 2012

Everyone keeps talking about Dawnguard being delayed because of "bugs." It's not the bugs that are delaying the DLC, after all the bugs discovered by OtherBox beta players weren't fixed, nor were those bugs fixed for the PC version. It is the horrendous out of the box base performance of the PS3 version of the game, it exceeds physical memory of the PS3 system, something Tool(Todd) Howard himself has admitted(several months after release of course)  http://www.officialplaystationmagazine.co.uk/2012/02/15/skyrim-lag-todd-howard-admits-devs-knew-ps3-... Adding on a DLC to a game that already exceeds the physical memory of the system isn't going to help the siutation one bit. The game probably grinds to a complete halt once Dawnguard is installed or simply won't run at all. I know the last few remaining PS3 fans of Skyrim are still dying to get their hands on this DLC and are gullible enough to buy it, but Dawnguard probably isn't coming out for the PS3, and if Dawnguard isn't going to be released I doubt the future DLCs will be released either. I wouldn't be surprised if the 1.6/1.7 patch is the last patch the PS3 receives. After all no revenue = no support, if Bethesda can't release DLCs they have no reason to continue patching the game, since it is no longer pulling in any money, and since supposedly patches cost $40,000 dollars.

My advice to you is to get rid of the game in whatever manner you see fit(sell it, destroy it, give it away, etc.) I wouldn't wait around for DLCs that probably aren't going to be coming out and if they do come out they will definitely make your gameplay experience worse, just like Fallout 3 and just like Fallout: New Vegas. I advise everyone to stay away from Bethesda games(published or developed) altogether on the PS3 or any future Playstation consoles, as they've opted not to learn how to properly develop games for this console, even though they've had 7 years to do so. They clearly do not care about the PS3 or their PS3 community, and they've really shown just how little they care for the PS3 throughout this whole debacle. The PS3 version was purely a cash grab by Bethesda, that's the only way to explain it. They built the PS3 version of Skyrim up on a card house of lies, like Tweet(Pete) Hines saying "the OtherBox and PS3 versions are of equal parity" or "the PS3 version is getting tons of attention" or my favorite "I was watching Todd play Skyrim today, and didn't realize it was the PS3 version until I saw the controller." Or the fact that even though gaming review sites specifically asked for the PS3 version for review, they were only sent OtherBox versions. No gameplay demos were allowed of the PS3 version at the big conventions prior to release. The PS3 version was deliberately covered up to hide the truth from their customers. I honestly believe Bethesda is looking for a way out of supporting Skyrim on the PS3 any further, and Dawnguard's performance and their sudden care for it is the out they've been looking for.

Home, the game to play if you're having a gender identity crisis.
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 17 (389 Views)
First Son
23 posts

Aug 30, 2012
Dude has anybody ever told you that you tend to over react? I'm so happy that I didn't have to hear all that in person. Actually it would have been a bit funny. Ok Skyrim is an awesome game on PS3. Maybe it's different on different systems. I got the new patch and it's flawless. No I'm not sticking up for them neither though b/c that was wrong to just now after all this time finally fix the bugs. BUT...you will regret saying you'll never buy a game again by them. Haven't you heard of Dishonored? That's coming out Oct. 9th and they helped Arkane make it. That game is going to be up for game of the year.
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 17 (373 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
113 posts

Aug 30, 2012

If you're talking to me I'm not overreacting, and Skyrim is not an awesome game on PS3. It's a technical abomination, that never should have been allowed to be released, and in the case of the non-English versions of Skyrim it never should have passed Sony certification, because of the Master Criminal trophy glitch, as well as certain stats not appearing in the player stats section. I played Skyrim for just over 100 hours before giving up broken and defeated by the horrendous and unbearable performance. This is even after the 1.4 patch which was suppose to alleviate the problems. I had fun playing the game for the first 24 hours, then the stutters and lag set in for the other 76+ hours culminating in the worst gameplay experience ever. Even worse than Fallout 3 and Fallout: New Vegas combined.

I agree with you that Dishonored does look like an interesting game. However look who the publisher is.....Bethesda. Their track record on the PS3 has been one failure after another with the exception of Oblivion but the credit for Oblivion lies with 4J Studios who did the porting for Bethesda. Sure Bethesda isn't developing Dishonored, but their name alone is enough to taint any game it's printed on. I may play Dishonored through rental after it's been released and thorougly picked apart by actual gamers, and not bought and paid for game reviewers who are paid to give it a high score. Juding from what I've seen of the game pre release, it doesn't look like GOTY material, and despite how good it may be, I hope it's not in contention for any GOTY awards, I'm tired of Bethesda buying these GOTY awards shows off. I'm also sick and tired of games that are released in the last 4 months of the year always winning GOTY awards. It is Game of the Year right? not Game of the Last 4 Months of the Year.

Home, the game to play if you're having a gender identity crisis.
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 17 (370 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
849 posts

Aug 30, 2012

I wil continue to enjoy MY SKYRIM on MY PS3... WITH or WITHOUT DLC...

Cheers!

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 17 (353 Views)
0 Likes