Oct 21 2012
By: Doppelgangergang Treasure Hunter 7473 posts

Well, I think something screwed up. Badly.

[ Edited ]
5 replies 457 views Edited Oct 21, 2012

Playing Skyrim happily without any issues on PS3, 70 hours in, level 36.

It was carefree until now.

I fired up Skyrim after a week of not playing due to illness, and I was hit with this severe lag that won't go away. So I deleted my Game Data Install and the Install Patch. Big mistake. Now when I load my save it either gets stuck in the loading screen (animations still moving) forever OR just freezes after two minutes.

Tried Database Rebuild, tried Reinstalling again and again, redownloading patch, loading previous saves... NOTHING. Any advice?

No, getting the PC version isn't an option due to my laptop only having an Intel 950. No hope of playing games there. And NO, I'm not getting a gaming PC as I cannot justify the cost.

FIVE YEARS ON PLAYSTATION FORUMS

YOUTUBE REVIEWS ~ TROPHIES ~ GAMING YOUTUBE ~ LITTLEBIGPLANET

Bitcoin is nice: 16SVoaaAfWtywpQ9GDqqzfoyGvt21XCB6M
Dogecoin is nice too: DU6DPv41zfqbSwvFz8LKYhVcgLsX85B3My
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 6 (457 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4880 posts

Re: Well, I think something screwed up. Badly.

Oct 21, 2012
Hmm, I don't know how it could have happened, but this sounds like a case of a corrupted save. Out of curiosity, when loading your save file, do you use "continue" or directly load it? If you do, try manually loading it.

If you do manage to get your save file loaded, try saving the game to a brand new file and deleting the old one. Sometimes too many save overwrites can screw things up.

Also, just to cover all the bases, have you tried making a new game, and if so, do these same problems come up?

Good luck

P.S. Love the kudos ticker.

P.S.S. Get a gaming P.C. to play Skyrim. :smileytongue:
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 6 (450 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7473 posts

Oct 21, 2012
Can't afford a gaming PC and a desktop is too immobile for what I use computers for. All I have is this Fujitsu Lifebook Laptop-Tablet Hybrid from 2007. It isn't fast in terms of games, but it does everything I need.

---------------------

I managed to fix this. Thank goodness for multiple save files and PS+ Cloud Backup!

I reinstalled the game again, then loaded my oldest save. Then I loaded my second oldest save. Then my third oldest save. Then my fourth, fifth and so on until I managed to load my 46th save which was my latest one.

Then I immediately made a newest save file and played worry free for two hours.

Phew. I thought I lost 70 hours.
FIVE YEARS ON PLAYSTATION FORUMS

YOUTUBE REVIEWS ~ TROPHIES ~ GAMING YOUTUBE ~ LITTLEBIGPLANET

Bitcoin is nice: 16SVoaaAfWtywpQ9GDqqzfoyGvt21XCB6M
Dogecoin is nice too: DU6DPv41zfqbSwvFz8LKYhVcgLsX85B3My
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 6 (448 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
4787 posts

Oct 22, 2012

Have you tried rebuilding dabase in the safe mode option?

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 6 (438 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1782 posts

Dec 5, 2012
those moments of severe lag are just momentary. they didnt happen to me until i hit riften for the first time. also, word of advice, i played on my account 126hrs, and my ps3 stopped reading discs 100% of time, (probably because i played for like 16hrs 1 weekend, but whatevers)
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 6 (257 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2195 posts

Dec 6, 2012

400 to 600 bucks for 126 hours of gameplay seems hardly worth it?   After the last patch Bethesda did, i didnt have to many issues with the game other then texture loading toward the end.  The faster i moved thru the game the more i noticed it.

Pay your fair share and your taxes and help your employees and pay your employees fair, Corporations. Stop cheating people.
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 6 (243 Views)
0 Likes