Nov 13 2007
By: Parah Monster Hunter 43 posts

Vampirism cure glitch?

100 replies 2424 views Edited Nov 13, 2007
So... I'm on the quest for the cure for vampirism. I've collected all the ingredients I need, and given them to the lady who makes the cure at Drakelowe. Except...

Even though I have multiple shoots of bloodgrass in my inventory that I've collected from oblivion, the "Bloodgrass" dialogue (sp?) topic won't light up - every time you ask her about it, she explains how to find it, but doesn't recognize that I have it in my inventory. I'm stuck! I've tried everything - getting bloodgrass from a different oblivion gate, waiting for days, attacking her and then yeilding and talking to her again... I'm all out of ideas. I know this can be fixed on the PC version by typing in some code (http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Oblivion:Vampire_Cure#Bugs), but this is the PS3 GOTY version, so that can't happen... any ideas, anyone? Anyone else run into this?

Again, a quick recap:

Got everything needed to make vampirism cure, but Melisande will not see the bloodgrass in my inventory.

Help..?

Message Edited by Liquid_Thought on 11-13-2007 09:09 AM
Message 1 of 101 (2,424 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
14796 posts

Re: Vampirism cure glitch?

Nov 13, 2007

Liquid_Thought wrote:
So... I'm on the quest for the cure for vampirism. I've collected all the ingredients I need, and given them to the lady who makes the cure at Drakelowe. Except...

Even though I have multiple shoots of bloodgrass in my inventory that I've collected from oblivion, the "Bloodgrass" dialogue (sp?) topic won't light up - every time you ask her about it, she explains how to find it, but doesn't recognize that I have it in my inventory. I'm stuck! I've tried everything - getting bloodgrass from a different oblivion gate, waiting for days, attacking her and then yeilding and talking to her again... I'm all out of ideas. I know this can be fixed on the PC version by typing in some code (http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Oblivion:Vampire_Cure#Bugs), but this is the PS3 GOTY version, so that can't happen... any ideas, anyone? Anyone else run into this?

Again, a quick recap:

Got everything needed to make vampirism cure, but Melisande will not see the bloodgrass in my inventory.

Help..?

Message Edited by Liquid_Thought on 11-13-2007 09:09 AM

i am having the exact same problem with the bloodgrass...i hope there is a fix
Message 2 of 101 (2,424 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
43 posts

Nov 13, 2007
Well, I've looked all over the net for hours, and I'm pretty sure that I'm just plain screwed. I emailed Bethesda asking them about it, but they'll probably just tell me the same thing. I'm going to try something when I get home tonight -
I want to see if I can hook up a USB keyboard to the PS3, and open the console command prompt using the "~" key, and type the code command which cures vampirism in the PC version.
Message 3 of 101 (2,424 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
14796 posts

Nov 13, 2007

Liquid_Thought wrote:
Well, I've looked all over the net for hours, and I'm pretty sure that I'm just plain screwed. I emailed Bethesda asking them about it, but they'll probably just tell me the same thing. I'm going to try something when I get home tonight -
I want to see if I can hook up a USB keyboard to the PS3, and open the console command prompt using the "~" key, and type the code command which cures vampirism in the PC version.

i sure hope that works, i willingly became a vampire to see the effects, assuming the cure wouldnt be such a hassle to get....but i sure dont want to be a vampire for the rest of the game.....and starting over,well i will do it, but it wont be any time soon
Message 4 of 101 (2,424 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
43 posts

Nov 13, 2007
No dice. Keyboard works for some things (like naming enchanted items, etc), but you can't open the console prompt.

Guess I'll just have to use the item duping trick and clone hundreds of bottles of human blood to carry around... :\
Message 5 of 101 (2,424 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
528 posts

Nov 14, 2007
hmmm....
Message 6 of 101 (2,424 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Nov 14, 2007
Same thing here:  GOTY Edition, the witch won't take my bloodgrass.  Tried dropping all the bloodgrass I harvested and buying bloodgrass, but no dice.  I emailed Bethesda and also sent a message to their blog.  This is very frustrating; it's not exactly a minor glitch.  I've put 80 hours into this piece and I'm far enough along in every faction that there is no way I'm starting over.

If they don't patch this biznich ASAP I'ma take a dump in the box and send it to Bethesda... if you're going to sell crap, you better be prepared to accept some crap, too.
Message 7 of 101 (2,424 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
43 posts

Nov 14, 2007
I had thought that drinking a vial of human blood (the only ones you can find are in the dark brotherhood sanctuary) would bring you back to the first stage of vampirism like feeding does, but I was wrong. So... yeah. I guess we're all stuck being vampires, and will have to feed continually. I'm the same as the rest of you - I've put way too much time into this game to restart it now.
Message 8 of 101 (2,424 Views)
0 Likes
Umbrella Scientist
13860 posts

Nov 14, 2007
Did you offer her the grass last?
Message 9 of 101 (2,424 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
43 posts

Nov 14, 2007
Yes.
Actually, I've tried it both ways - offering it to her before the other things, and then offering it to her after I gave her the rest of the stuff. Neither worked. The dialogue option always stays darkened, instead of lighting up again like the others did.
Message 10 of 101 (2,424 Views)
0 Likes