May 28 2007
By: lancek~ Wastelander 859 posts

**The Unofficial** Oblivion Bug List (and cures to em)

137 replies 2810 views Edited May 28, 2007
Post any bugs you Come along, and I will post it to the top, so hopefuly if anyone reads and finds a way to fix it

MAJOR BUGS                                                                
--------------------
Hal-Liurz, Doesn't take you or go to the count, this makes it impossiable to finish the vampire cure quest (works for somepeople) (Sometimes works: Kill Hal-liruz and drag her to the door)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hal-Liurz, in Information at a Price doesn't go and get the count, making it impossiable to finish the quest (works for somepeople) (Sometimes works: Kill Hal-liruz and drag her to the door)
~~~~~~~~~~~~
After receiving the, "Oghma Infinium", prize for the final Daedric quest, and choosing one of the 3 categories provided, the game will completly freeze up, leaving you unable to fortify any skills. (NO CURE YET)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
When I confront Umbra and start getting wailed on by her, my game freezes.
Perhaps it's a defensive mechanism to protect my feelings, but it is startling.
The game emits a loud braying noise and then freezes.
(I fixed it by turning the difficulty down, cheaply jumping up to a column, and claymoring her to death slowly.
In protest, she did jump up and whack me once but no freezing occurred there. It seems to occur when I'm on the ground and she decides to swing the Umbra at my fallen body)

Minor bugs
--------------
The game froze after getting caught breaking into Gogan's house in The Siren's Deception quest. I chose "pay the fine" and then it went black and froze.
~~~~~~~~
With my Argonian character, ever since completing the "Knights of The Nine" questline, whenever I sit down on a chair, the animation isn't displayed, and the character is just standing in front of the seat, however, you can only look around, as if you were sitting.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
When in a dungeon full of Conjourers I was attacted buy four or five at the same time all with summons which put ten creatures and people attacking me, shortly after the game went awal and began to screech loudly as if I was getting on the internet with a 56K and then it froze completly still screaming.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Bug after Knights of the Nine quest after one the knights announces that you are still alive after the last battle. If you tell the elf Brellin to follow you, there is no options at all if you talk to him. So you can't tell him to stop following you. (TEMP FIX: Get him to die)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
in fort bulwark on the quest to get the shield of the crusader the game froze 3 times and whenever i had to fight the "conjurer adepts" a very annoying screeching noise happened

Graphical/Enviromental Glitchs
--------------
Around Imperial City there is a bridge called Old Bridge, and around that area there is a waterfall that you can walk through.  The location is right to The Green Road (East side) when The Green Road meets with the road that goes around Imperial City. There is a little bay right beside that, but right next to the road is that waterfall.

Doing, the the quest at the Shrine of Molag Bal, and finishing it you may become bugging once the quest npc kills you and you return to the shrine you may seem "Invisible" you be alive but you wont have a body it's a simple graphic glitch that can be fixed by saving the game and quiting to the main menu (this is what I did) you can probably save the game then load it and be able to see your body. But with the glitch in the effect and your on 3rd person and you look around you , you might just end up seeing your character some where near you but wont move just stand there and when you move he/she wont be apart of you.

Some of your henchmen when asked to Be sneakly there body disapear like it should but there head does, (fixed by just telling them to be normal than sneaky again)

I got the glitch where after the Knights of the Nine quest you can't sit down. It really ruins the gameplay for me, instead of NPCs sitting down or laying in a bed, they just stand there next to a chair or bed, and it's the same for my character.  Also, when i was going up the stairs in the basement in the priory, one of the knights talked to me through the wall, he was outside the building.... and he's in front of the door after the quest the whole time with his arms raised up. I hope bethesda patches these glitches that were fixed long ago on the other platforms. As for the 56k dial up sound, I have heard it once... restarted my game before it happend and nothing that time, wonder what triggers it.

here's some known issues and fixes from the Bethesda website.

Q:  I can no longer power attack in Oblivion for PS3.
A:  If you fail to use your power attacks for a long period of time, occasionally you will lose the ability all together. If this should occur, first try equipping then un-equipping a weapon. If that should fail to fix the issue, try going through a load door as this often corrects the matter. If neither of these methods work, make a save and restart the game. Once you reload the save, the power attacks will work as normal

Q:  I cannot create a new save in Oblivion for PS3.
A:  Once your make 128 saves, you are no longer able to create a new save. To save the game from this point forward you must save over a previous save in the save menu. or delete saves from the PS3 in the system software to free up slots.

Q:  I can no longer sit down in Oblivion.
A:  After you complete the Knights of the Nine quest line, you may find it difficult to sit in the future. When you attempt to sit, controls will lock up. After about 8-10 seconds, the camera view will switch as if your character was sitting, but you may notice your character still appears to be standing if you switch to third person. After the camera view automatically switches though, the game considers your character to be sitting - so any game plot element that requires your character to be sitting will work, if you are patient when you first attempt to sit. This same delay will occur when you try to get up from sitting as well. This will be easily noticeable if you attempt to start playing the Shivering Isles expansion, as you are required to sit at the beginning. As long as you wait -- after attempting to sit -- for the camera view to switch, you can continue gameplay as usual.

Message Edited by lancek on 04-10-2007 07:54 AM

Message Edited by lancek on 04-15-2007 06:24 PM

Message Edited by lancek on 04-22-2007 05:33 PM

Message Edited by lancek on 04-25-2007 07:43 PM

Message Edited by lancek on 05-02-2007 07:36 PM

Message Edited by lancek on 05-27-2007 08:45 PM
hit counter
Message 72 of 138 (2,810 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
22 posts

Re: **The Unofficial** Oblivion Bug List

Apr 1, 2007

Major Bug:
After receiving the, "Oghma Infinium", prize for the final Daedric quest, and choosing one of the 3 categories provided, the game will completly freeze up, leaving you unable to fortify any skills.

Iv had this problem on multiple Elder Scroll discs.

Message Edited by nekro_turkey on 03-31-2007 11:07 PM
Message 1 of 138 (2,810 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1354 posts

Apr 1, 2007

nekro_turkey wrote:

Major Bug:
After receiving the, "Oghma Infinium", prize for the final Daedric quest, and choosing one of the 3 categories provided, the game will completly freeze up, leaving you unable to fortify any skills.

wow, not good dude, i was just working on that quest as we speak, but ran into a very bad game ruining glitch before that
where you have to soul trap the 10 races, after 5 races traped, i couldnt do any more of them! i killed like 10 Kajhitt's and none of them would trap, neither would any of the other races i didnt get, had to start over an old save a few deadric quests back!!

so everyone if your gona do the final deadric quest Hermaeus Mora, save your game before hand just in case of this
and nekro i will post again in this thread if my game also freezes, just to rule the problem out
psn: RuinsEdge
xbox360 Gamertag: Ruins Edge
Wii code: 7416-8189-4882-4616
Message 2 of 138 (2,810 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
22 posts

Apr 1, 2007

jbr1985 wrote:

nekro_turkey wrote:

Major Bug:

wow, not good dude, i was just working on that quest as we speak, but ran into a very bad game ruining glitch before that
where you have to soul trap the 10 races, after 5 races traped, i couldnt do any more of them! i killed like 10 Kajhitt's and none of them would trap, neither would any of the other races i didnt get, had to start over an old save a few deadric quests back!!

so everyone if your gona do the final deadric quest Hermaeus Mora, save your game before hand just in case of this
and nekro i will post again in this thread if my game also freezes, just to rule the problem out

I actually had that same problem, and also had to restart. I had gathered 7 souls, with Redguard, Nord and Imperial left to get, and, for the life of me, wasn't able to.

I suspect that maybe if you kill someone of the same race twice, with the soul trapping spell casted on them, youll be unable to get more souls. Just a guess, though.
Message 3 of 138 (2,810 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
353 posts

Apr 1, 2007
what does it mean to fortify skills? make them better stronger?
Message 4 of 138 (2,810 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
22 posts

Apr 1, 2007

Jansson_27 wrote:
what does it mean to fortify skills? make them better stronger?

Yeah, fortify increases stats.

Say you have 20 base strength. and you pick up a gauntlet that fortifies it by 10, with the gauntlet equipped you would now have a base of 30 strength.
Message 5 of 138 (2,810 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3063 posts

Apr 1, 2007

lancek wrote:
Post any bugs you Come along, and I will post it to the top, so hopefuly if anyone reads and finds a way to fix it

MAJOR BUGS
--------------------
Hug-zul, Doesn't take you or go to the count, this makes it impossiable to finish the vampire cure quest, and aslo, it makes it impossiable to finish the Mage Guild quests

Minor bugs
--------------

Don't thinkt his effects the Mage's Guild quest. I and several ppl here finish the Mage's Guild quests giving to become Guildmaster.

Messing with me is like playing with death.
Message 6 of 138 (2,810 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1354 posts

Apr 1, 2007

Cunder wrote:

lancek wrote:

MAJOR BUGS
--------------------
Hug-zul, Doesn't take you or go to the count, this makes it impossiable to finish the vampire cure quest, and aslo, it makes it impossiable to finish the Mage Guild quests

Minor bugs
--------------

Don't thinkt his effects the Mage's Guild quest. I and several ppl here finish the Mage's Guild quests giving to become Guildmaster.

ive done all the mage guild quests and the vampire cure quest.. so no bug there for me
Message 7 of 138 (2,810 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1354 posts

Apr 1, 2007

nekro_turkey wrote:

Major Bug:

sorry for the double post guys, edit is being stupid for me.
and the game froze up for me also, cant pick one of the book path's to get past it.  Im going to email bethesda right now, because this is not cool... at all.. at least i can leave the book in my house for when and if they patch it.. but man this sucks
Message 8 of 138 (2,810 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
19284 posts

Apr 1, 2007
The game froze after getting caught breaking into Gogan's house in The Siren's Deception quest. I chose "pay the fine" and then it went black and froze.
Please do not send me a friend's request without telling me who you are and where I know you from. Thank you.

Message 9 of 138 (2,810 Views)
0 Likes