Aug 13 2012
By: ncsutton Lombax Warrior 109 posts

Only one character?

8 replies 492 views Edited Aug 13, 2012

Just wondering if it's only possible to have one character on ps3 for Skyrim.  When I first got the game I tried to create multiple characters and deleted my original character.  I know that I didn't save over it but it deleted.  Is it possible to have two characters?  Because I was thinking of creating a new character but don't wanna delete my character with over 50 hours and lots of questlines complete.

NP - AC4, FIFA 14, BF4, Killzone Shadowfall, COD Ghost, Dragon's Dogma, Metro Last Light, NHL 14

Get your Portable ID!
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 9 (492 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4873 posts

Re: Only one character?

Aug 14, 2012

Out of curiostiy, does your game have the most current update?

I remember hearing about this problem back when the game first came out. It was rare, but I kinda figured Bethesda would have fixed it by now.

Anyway, the fix is to store each of your save files on a flash drive.

I also found this on another forum:

"" had the same issue. When I made a new character it erased all the saves from my previous character including manual saves. So I played around with it a bit and found that you have to "quit" the game from the in game menu before you turn off the system. I was saving and then just turning the system off without quitting and when I made new characters the game would just wipe my other characters. After I "quit" the game, however I could make multiple character without erasing previous ones. And contrary to what people here are saying, I see all of my characters saves when playing with any one of my characters. If I'm playing with my thief, I can see the all the saves of my mage, and warrior to. "

I don't know if that applies to you though.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 9 (489 Views)
Lombax Warrior
109 posts

Aug 14, 2012

I do have the update, it seems like it should work now, I thought it was weird to only have one character. I will try the flash drive save first.

NP - AC4, FIFA 14, BF4, Killzone Shadowfall, COD Ghost, Dragon's Dogma, Metro Last Light, NHL 14

Get your Portable ID!
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 9 (483 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
849 posts

Aug 14, 2012

So does it work has anybody tired it....?

Id figure it would be like Fallout ...

Just create a new game and you would be able to have a new charcter... Unless theres another way you guys are talking about that im missing out here....

Cheers!

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 9 (475 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4873 posts

Aug 15, 2012

D3m0n__89 wrote:

So does it work has anybody tired it....?

Id figure it would be like Fallout ...

Just create a new game and you would be able to have a new charcter... Unless theres another way you guys are talking about that im missing out here....

Cheers!

Just to be clear, this isn't something experienced by all people playing Skyrim on the PS3.. It seems that it does work just like Fallout for most players.

If you worried that you might experience this, just back up your old save on a flash drive before creating a new file.

Oh and I also read something that suggested that instead of creating a whole new game, instead load from the save file created just before you get off the wagon in the beginning. The claim was that this prevented your old save from being overwritten.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 9 (472 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
109 posts

Aug 15, 2012

Does any flashdrive work with a PS3? Never done that before. and D3m0n__89 it doesn't happen to everyone but it happened to me the first time I tried to create a second character and I haven't wanted to try again and ruin my high level character now.

Get your Portable ID!
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 9 (467 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4873 posts

Aug 15, 2012
Any should work. Just make sure to format the flash drive to Fat32 before you use it.
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 9 (463 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

>_>

Oct 7, 2012

I need a girl i am a girl duhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh help me pls im not a nerd like u guys this is my dad game so...................

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 9 (391 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1687 posts

Dec 5, 2012
i have 2 characters, when you save, just save on new file, not over your old one. works like that for all games.
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 9 (243 Views)
0 Likes