Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Aug 06 2012
By: D3m0n__89 Wastelander 849 posts

Killing Dragons...

19 replies 379 views Edited Aug 6, 2012

Hey guys, Good ay to you all.. So I just got SKYRIM 2 days ago and I managed to play 4 hrs into the game, ignoring the quest for now and went out to explore and see the vies ,mountain etc..

Bad Idea... I have Encountered 2 Dragons so far... And they are HARD to Kill!!! Yet im a level 6 and id figure once I get higher they will "Probably" be easier to kill...

But anyways... What are the key things on killing dragons.. The first Dragon I killed Was  Fire and the 2nd one I encountered was Ice....

So if I use Ice on a fire dragon does it kill him/her quicker.... As if I was to use Fire on and Ice Dragon??

Tip,help, Clarify please

Cheers!

Message 1 of 20 (379 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4917 posts

Re: Killing Dragons...

[ Edited ]
Aug 6, 2012

Yeah, that is a good standard logic to use.

But at such a low level, the best advice I can give is to get a bow, a crapload of arrows and a good hiding spot. I liked ducking behind trees when the bugger landed. If you do it just right, you can fire arrows right up his maw while his fire/ice breath is being deflected by the tree.

Once the dragon is grounded, attacking at a range is still preferable, but there is a sweet spot along the side where you can melee attack without being hit.

You could even hire a bodyguard from one of the taverns or use your housecarl once you get one. With the dragon's attention focused on someone else, killing it will be much easier. However, this can get expensive as they will normal not survive many fights against a dragon.

Also, don't be scared to just run away. Duck into a cave or hide under an eve until the dragon gives up. They will become increasingly easier too kill as you gain levels, so avoided them in the beginning can be a good idea.

Message 2 of 20 (377 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
61 posts

Aug 6, 2012
It depends on what weapon your using. Personally I find archery the best way to slay dragons because it does lots of damage (more than destruction) and you have a farther range than a sword. For ice and fire dragons I don't know if a spell will effect one more than the other. The only diffrence I can think of is ice damages health and stamina when fire does extra damage to health. There is a thum (I think thats how its spelled) that you unlock in the main storyline which is very usefull for killing dragons. I use it all the time and I'm level 65. I won't say what the thum does so that I don't spoil the game.
Message 3 of 20 (375 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
849 posts

Aug 6, 2012

Well.. So far I guess IM doing well... Im using a bow But it seems to not do much damage... IM a Level 6 and in archery IM level 30... Is there like different types of arrows I will be able to purchase...

Maybe like some that have poison or fire. Or stuff like that...

Message 4 of 20 (368 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
3512 posts

Aug 6, 2012

You can poison your weapon to achieve many results. 

Message 5 of 20 (364 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4917 posts

Aug 7, 2012
Better bows and arrows will become available as your level increases. For now the best you are likely to find is steel. But don't sweat it. Sure it doesn't do much damage now, but every little bit will add up.
Message 6 of 20 (362 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
849 posts

Aug 7, 2012

Sweet...

Im too hooked on this game right now unfortunately im stuck at work most of the day from 9am-6pm

Thanks for all the advices guys! If you got anymore drop them in :smileyhappy:

Cheers!

Message 7 of 20 (355 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
805 posts

Aug 8, 2012

What type of character are you trying to build?

Photobucket
Message 8 of 20 (348 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
849 posts

Aug 14, 2012

Well so far guys after 1 week of playing aprox 1-2hrs a day these are my stats....

Currently Level 14

Primary weapon- Archery Level 46

Dragons killed -3

Shouts learned-3 with 1 still needed to unlock

current mission killing the Witches to become a werewolf...

Question.... Does becoming a werewolf affect the game in nay way ,..??

Cheers!

Message 9 of 20 (338 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4917 posts

Aug 15, 2012

Not really.

Still, it's not all it's cracked up to be. I found the whole transformation process clunky and just plain annoying. Plus, you can't interact with objects and don't it through a lot of doorways. And it's all in third-person, which I don't really enjoy.

Message 10 of 20 (336 Views)
0 Likes