Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
May 05 2012
By: CanadianBacon132 First Son 9 posts
Accepted Solution

Is there a fix for the Civil War glitches? [Skyrim]

6 replies 1634 views Edited May 5, 2012

I'm still having problems with The Battle for Fort Hraggstad with my character.  I planned on using the character to complete all quests and trophies since I already have over 200 hours invested but I still can't finish the Civil War questline. I've tried searching to see if there has been a fix released for this glitch in the last couple months but I can't find anytihng saying it has.  Are those of us who have already completed the main quest and still having this trouble pretty much screwed?

Message 1 of 7 (1,634 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4914 posts

Re: Is there a fix for the Civil War glitches? [Skyrim]

May 5, 2012

Is this the problem where no one shows up so you can't beat the mission? If so then yes, you are pretty much screwed. However, if this is the problem where you can't report in to your contact to start the mission I believe there is a workaround for that.

Message 2 of 7 (1,634 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
9 posts

May 9, 2012

Yeah, it's the problem where nobody shows up.  I had the same problem with Fort Sungard until I went through the main quest, then it happened again at Fort Hraggstad.  It's been a couple months since I've played so I thought I'd see if it had been addressed.  Thanks for letting me know.

Message 3 of 7 (1,634 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4914 posts

May 9, 2012

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. It's kinda funny to think that Bethesda hasn't seen fit to work on this problem yet. It seems to be very common.

Message 4 of 7 (1,634 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
9 posts

May 10, 2012

That's why I was surprised when I came back from not playing it for a couple of months to find that it hasn't even been looked at. Personally, I don't plan on buying any DLC for Skyrim until Bethesda gets their heads out of their asses and the game runs how it should have six months ago.  Work-arounds are not a fix, and shame on Bethesda for considering releasing DLC on a game that isn't even working correctly.

Message 5 of 7 (1,634 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4914 posts

May 10, 2012

Yeah, I hear you.

Don't plan on ever buying the DLC though. Considering they re-released the Oblivion GOTY 5th anniversary edition with the Vampire glitch still on it I'd say the chances are slim that they will every really fully fix Skyrim.

Message 6 of 7 (1,634 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2392 posts

May 21, 2012

I started the game on 1.5 and I did the Imperial missions first and completed that questline right away.  I was glad that I found this site to show me where to be careful in the game so that I can get all of my trophies. http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/elder-scrolls-v-skyrim/134194-elder-scrolls-v-skyrim-trophy-guide-r...

Message 7 of 7 (1,634 Views)
0 Likes