Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Sep 11 2012
By: RiddLezz-X7 First Son 5 posts
Accepted Solution

ES3 Morrowind on PlayStation Store???

10 replies 10174 views Edited Sep 11, 2012

Will Sony ever put morrow wind in the PS Store?

it would save me a bit of time and a lot of money if they just put it in there with some updates or sumthing :smileytongue:

its be better then watching an avid playstation fan go buy a f***ing Xbox just for one game you know?

And on top of that Maybe Bethesda should remake their older games and bring them into the present??

i liked ES Arena way back when and i think it would be awesome to see what it would be like to play it with modern tech :smileywink:

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 11 (10,174 Views)
PlayStation MVP
10973 posts

Re: ES3 Morrowind on PlayStation Store???

Sep 11, 2012

Considering that The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind was never developed with a PlayStation controller in mind, it probably wouldn't be the first thing that Sony would think of when striking a deal on which games to port to the PlayStation Store. Would it be possible? Maybe, maybe not. Given Bethesda's shaky support for the PlayStation 3 hardware so far, securing a release for Morrowind might not be in the interest of anyone involved even if something could be done.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 11 (10,170 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
664 posts

Sep 14, 2012

Play Morrowind on the PC, its far better than the Xbox version, and can be run on any pc thats been made in the last ten years.

"Stupidity is a disease, and we have an epidemic on our hands"
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 11 (10,142 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
121 posts

Sep 15, 2012

Brozz65 wrote:

Play Morrowind on the PC, its far better than the Xbox version, and can be run on any pc thats been made in the last ten years.

Would it work on a 5 year old laptop? I had it for xbox and have wanted it since for PC

NP - Watch Dogs, Wolfenstein, AC4, The Show 14, BF4, Thief

Get your Portable ID!
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 11 (10,134 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
664 posts

Sep 21, 2012

ncsutton wrote:

Brozz65 wrote:

Would it work on a 5 year old laptop? I had it for xbox and have wanted it since for PC

Sure would, MW requires very little pc power to run smoothly

"Stupidity is a disease, and we have an epidemic on our hands"
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 11 (10,116 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
113 posts

Sep 22, 2012

I've never played Morrowind, my first Elder Scrolls game was Oblivion. I would lilke to play Morrowind but I would rather do it on a PC. 

As far as Bethesda adding Morrowind to PSN, well it will never happen. If it did happen the game would probably perform very poorly, since it was originally designed for the PC, then ported to the original XBox. Bethesda wouldn't waste their time porperly porting and optimising the game to run as a PSN download, and the game would be a broken mess like Skyrim, New Vegas, and Fallout 3. Basically it would be another blatant cash grab by Bethesda, just like Skyrim.

Home, the game to play if you're having a gender identity crisis.
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 11 (10,108 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Oct 19, 2012

If they ever did put Morrowind on PSN ( which i doubt ) then i would die dude. That is my all time favorite ES game.

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 11 (9,995 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
252 posts

Oct 19, 2012
Morrowind was the sh¡t and thats in a good way me and my bro had competitions on who could make the best chars and ofc im always the best (wood elf)
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 11 (9,992 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4892 posts

Oct 20, 2012

ncsutton wrote:

I would hope so. It is a ten year old game after all.

Here are the minimum requirements:

Minimum system requirements:
Windows ME/98 128 MB RAM; Windows XP/2000 256 MB RAM; 500 MHz Intel Pentium III, Celeron, or AMD Athlon processor; 8x CD/DVD-ROM Drive; 1 GB free hard disk space; Windows swapfile; DirectX 8.1 (included); 32MB Direct3D Compatible video card and DirectX 8.1 compatible driver; DirectX 8.1 compatible sound card; Keyboard; Mouse

Recommended:
800 MHz or faster Intel Pentium III or AMD Athlon processor; 256 MB RAM; NVIDIA GeForce2 GTS, or ATI Radeon 7500 or faster video card.

Supported video card chipsets*:
NVIDIA GeForce4; NVIDIA GeForce3; NVIDIA GeForce2; NVIDIA GeForce 256; NVIDIA TNT2; ATI Radeon 8500; ATI Radeon 7500; ATI Radeon 7200; ATI Radeon; ATI Rage 128; Matrox G550; Matrox G450; Matrox G400

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 11 (9,977 Views)
First Son
9 posts

Oct 25, 2012

I would gladly welcome a Morrowind HD remake for PS3, with trophies (and a platinum) and everything. But they would have to improve some of it's mechanics, like make the running better, make it like Skyrim, improve the combat etc....if they did this I would buy it.

It's the least they could do for giving us the finger with Skyrim.

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 11 (9,949 Views)
0 Likes