Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Lombax Warrior
113 posts

Re: Dawnguard DLC Still up in the Air for PS3 Version of Skyrim

Sep 3, 2012

handymanphil79 wrote:

look at Fallout 3 and New Vegas. they run stable untill you add on the dlc. the GOTY NV is a nightmare. The only way to play Dawnguard dlc on ps3 would be to start a fresh character build it up just enough to have decent skills and weapons and then play the dlc. If you added Dawngaurd onto a 10mb save file character it would be unplayable. I will not be buying another Bethsoft game for ps3. Possibly Ps4 

Just to clear up one little thing you mentioned in your post. The Fallout New Vegas game + DLC bundle is called Fallout: New Vegas Ultimate Edition. The only "Game of the Year Award" that New Vegas won was an award from 1up.com called "The Best Broken Game at Launch." Not something you want to slap onto your box.

Home, the game to play if you're having a gender identity crisis.
Please use plain text.
Message 21 of 57 (489 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1798 posts

Sep 3, 2012

handymanphil79 wrote:

look at Fallout 3 and New Vegas. they run stable untill you add on the dlc. the GOTY NV is a nightmare. The only way to play Dawnguard dlc on ps3 would be to start a fresh character build it up just enough to have decent skills and weapons and then play the dlc. If you added Dawngaurd onto a 10mb save file character it would be unplayable. I will not be buying another Bethsoft game for ps3. Possibly Ps4 

I'm not quite sure I wholly agree with this. 

New Vegas, FO3, and Skyrim have always been shaky on the PS3. Lots of lag (the degree of which is different for everyone), low FPS rates... And then it really gets bad when the DLC is added on. And the "complete" editions are by far the worse (which, they still and never will fully address. 

Please use plain text.
Message 22 of 57 (486 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4892 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 4, 2012

handymanphil79 wrote:

look at Fallout 3 and New Vegas. they run stable untill you add on the dlc. the GOTY NV is a nightmare.

New Vegas was far from stable even without the DLC.
I bought that **bleep** game at launch and it froze after 5 minutes of play. It hardly got better after that.. Don't forget about the game crippling hat glitch that was in the orginal version either.
That being said, you do have it right that they got worse with the DLC. This is true all the way back to The Shivering Isle for Oblivion. For whatever reason Bethesda and Sony just don't get along.
Please use plain text.
Message 23 of 57 (480 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
13313 posts

Sep 5, 2012

The 360 versions don't fare that much better. Oblivion, Skyrim, FO 3, and FO NV all freeze on me. Now that could be the games or my systems but ever since Dawnguard was released my game hasn't frozen but it sure does run a lot slower when loading or sifting through the menu. Bethesda builds games that are so big in scope that they seem to have A LOT of stuff fall through the cracks.

Hearthfire was released for the 360 yesterday and if you check out the 360 forums you'll see several different game crippling glitches going on with this brand new dlc. I am not going to buy this at all until a patch is issued. Bethesda dropped the ball here. Trust me ps3 Skyrim players aren't missing much because the dlc has made things worse.

Please use plain text.
Message 24 of 57 (466 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
113 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 6, 2012

THEGREENSKEEPER wrote:

The 360 versions don't fare that much better. Oblivion, Skyrim, FO 3, and FO NV all freeze on me. Now that could be the games or my systems but ever since Dawnguard was released my game hasn't frozen but it sure does run a lot slower when loading or sifting through the menu. Bethesda builds games that are so big in scope that they seem to have A LOT of stuff fall through the cracks.

Hearthfire was released for the 360 yesterday and if you check out the 360 forums you'll see several different game crippling glitches going on with this brand new dlc. I am not going to buy this at all until a patch is issued. Bethesda dropped the ball here. Trust me ps3 Skyrim players aren't missing much because the dlc has made things worse.

You're right the Xbox versions of their games don't fare much better, but compared to their PS3 versions excluding Oblivion, Xbox is orders of magnitude better than the PS3 versons. It's sad to say, but it's true, and it shows there's an obvious bias on the part of Bethesda toward the Xbox.

The huge world/scope argument is getting tired and worn out. It would be one thing if this was Bethesda's first huge world, but this isn't. They've been using the same engine and creating "huge" worlds since Morrowind 10 years ago now. One would believe that in all that experience with this engine and creating such "huge" worlds they would have mastered it by now. Yet every time they put out a new game the problems get worse and worse. Skyrim is by far the buggiest and worst performing game Bethesda has ever released, despite what they claim to the contrary.

Hopefully the gaming media, and the ESRB especially pick up on the naked children glitch in Hearthfire and have it pulled from the Xbox store, thus forcing Bethesda to fix something for once.

Edit: I've filed a complaint with the ESRB about this naked children glitch in Hearthfire, and I encourage everyone to do the same thing. PS3 won't be receiving any DLC anyway so what will it hurt? Other than Bethesda. :smileylol: https://www.esrb.org/about/contact.jsp

Please use plain text.
Message 25 of 57 (452 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7531 posts

Sep 6, 2012

Dawnguard doesn't even look like it's worth $20 anyway. Maybe $10 but not $20 that's really high for one measly little expansion.

Please use plain text.
Message 26 of 57 (422 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1798 posts

Sep 6, 2012

I've been holding off on purchasing Skyrim (again) for a possible GOTY edition with all of the DLC. But, at this rate, I don't believe it deserves GOTY.  

And at that, I won't be playing Skyrim on the PS3 ever again unless Bethesda locates and actually remedies the issue. If it's a hardware problem, then Bethesda should have never developed the game for the PS3. Although, I think it's matter of not giving two $*%#s about the PS3 user base, especially when M$ doles out the money. 

I'll have to wait until I can save up enough money (and create some space in my room although this is unlikely) for a PC or partake in other games such as Dragon's Dogma. 

Please use plain text.
Message 27 of 57 (413 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1135 posts

Re: Dawnguard DLC Still up in the Air for PS3 Version of Skyrim UPDATED

Sep 6, 2012

Yayy

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I like waffles
Please use plain text.
Message 28 of 57 (411 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2109 posts

Sep 7, 2012

I was looking forward to Dawnguard when the trailer first came out but now I've lost interest. Especially after they announced the Dark Souls DLC, which looks awesome.

Please use plain text.
Message 29 of 57 (391 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
113 posts

Sep 7, 2012

Kharingin wrote:

I was looking forward to Dawnguard when the trailer first came out but now I've lost interest. Especially after they announced the Dark Souls DLC, which looks awesome.

If you've read spoilers about Dawnguard you'll see that basically the DLC is $20 for features that were stripped out of the vanilla game.

Crossbow

Dragonbone weapons

Werewolf/Vampire perks.

The main quest story is basically Twilight: Skyrim Edition, and isn't very interesting in the first place. PS3 won't be getting the DLC but even if it was it wouldn't be worth it to pay an extra $20 just for features that were stripped out of the vanilla game.

Please use plain text.
Message 30 of 57 (389 Views)
0 Likes