Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
First Son
1 posts

Re: Dawnguard DLC Still up in the Air for PS3 Version of Skyrim UPDATED

Aug 22, 2012

I heard that it was coming out at the end of September, can't remember the source though.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Today I broke my personal record, most consecutive days lived.
Message 11 of 57 (515 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
400 posts

Aug 22, 2012

Today I broke the same record lol. I like your sig.

And I believe that could be true. While it stinks that they did not release it at the same time as the otherBox I understand why they didnt. They are close to it because they put the patch live for ps3 already that had to deal with Dawnguard. We can only hope and wait and see what happens.

Message 12 of 57 (511 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7583 posts

Re: Dawnguard DLC Still up in the Air for PS3 Version of Skyrim

[ Edited ]
Aug 26, 2012

handymanphil79 wrote:

look at Fallout 3 and New Vegas. they run stable untill you add on the dlc. the GOTY NV is a nightmare. The only way to play Dawnguard dlc on ps3 would be to start a fresh character build it up just enough to have decent skills and weapons and then play the dlc. If you added Dawngaurd onto a 10mb save file character it would be unplayable. I will not be buying another Bethsoft game for ps3. Possibly Ps4 

Hmm good point maybe that's wat delaying the DLC.

Message 13 of 57 (491 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7583 posts

Re: Dawnguard DLC Still up in the Air for PS3 Version of Skyrim

[ Edited ]
Aug 31, 2012

Update: PS3 Version of Skyrim Might Not Ever Get Dawnguard DLC

After Bethesda first released Skyrim’s DLC Dawnguard on 360, PS3 gamers immediately began to ask “what about us?” Sadly, the publisher then played dumb on the subject, refusing to clarify what was going on with the DLC. Then they finally spoke outDawnguard was set to come to PS3. Now it seems like they spoke too soon.

The developer took to their forums to reveal the bad news – there’s a gamebreaking issue that might not ever be fixed:

Earlier in the month, we provided an update on Dawnguard’s status for PS3.

It’s been a few weeks, and we wanted to make sure everyone knows where we’re at with Dawnguard. Skyrim is a massive and dynamic game that requires a lot of resources, and things get much more complex when you’re talking about sizable content like Dawnguard. We have tried a number of things, but none of them solve the issue enough to make Dawnguard good for everyone. The PS3 is a powerful system, and we’re working hard to deliver the content you guys want. Dawnguard is obviously not the only DLC we’ve been working on either, so the issues of adding content get even more complicated. This is not a problem we’re positive we can solve, but we are working together with Sony to try to bring you this content.

We wish we had a more definitive answer right now. We understand the frustration when the same content is not available on all platforms. When we have an update, we will certainly let you know. We deeply appreciate all the time and support you have given us, and we’ll keep doing our best to return that.

With the unknown bug holding back the content pack, it makes you wonder if Microsoft even needed to bother paying for timed exclusive DLC.

Note: Article From Playstation Lifestyle

Message 14 of 57 (432 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
12 posts

Aug 31, 2012
Funny how they didn't mind releasing a broken game in the first place. Guess I'll just buy their games used from now on. I'll only miss out on some day one DLC...oh right. Never mind.
Message 15 of 57 (428 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7583 posts

Aug 31, 2012

Emp_Galvatron wrote:
Funny how they didn't mind releasing a broken game in the first place. Guess I'll just buy their games used from now on. I'll only miss out on some day one DLC...oh right. Never mind.

As if not getting Dawnguard wasn't bad enough we also aren't getting the second DLC Hearthfire which iz alreday gunna be on all other platforms Sept. 5th. Very lame , very lame indeed.

Message 16 of 57 (411 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
234 posts

Aug 31, 2012

chickenbonetom wrote:

Emp_Galvatron wrote:

As if not getting Dawnguard wasn't bad enough we also aren't getting the second DLC Hearthfire which iz alreday gunna be on all other platforms Sept. 5th. Very lame , very lame indeed.

Extreme Home Makeover: Skyrim Edition(Hearthfire) isn't coming out for the other 2 platforms on September 5th. Extreme Home Makeover: Skyrim Edition has the 30 day exclusivity bribe from Microsoft as well. PC players will have to wait a month, PS3 players won't be getting it because soon Bethesda will announce that they cannot go forward with DLC on this system, and they're going to stop supporting Skyrim on PS3. No revenue = no support.

Home, the game to play if you're having a gender identity crisis.

The Neotopians, need to realize that the free market will decide which project will get funded. If the free market doesn't want Neotopia, they will have to get over that.
Message 17 of 57 (406 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
26 posts

Sep 1, 2012

Why won't Sony address this issue of Bethesda? Post something on the blog or send all of their loyal PS3 owners something... I love Sony, but dag just wish they would say something... Bethesda saying they are working with Sony, but who is to say Bethesda is telling a lie... From where I am sitting PS3 owners wont be getting Dawnguard or anything else that relates to Skyrim. Sure, I have been seeing post saying something to the affect that PS3 owners will get the DLC, but yet have not seen any proof... 

Message 18 of 57 (393 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
234 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 1, 2012

TheIceKing001 wrote:

Why won't Sony address this issue of Bethesda? Post something on the blog or send all of their loyal PS3 owners something... I love Sony, but dag just wish they would say something... Bethesda saying they are working with Sony, but who is to say Bethesda is telling a lie... From where I am sitting PS3 owners wont be getting Dawnguard or anything else that relates to Skyrim. Sure, I have been seeing post saying something to the affect that PS3 owners will get the DLC, but yet have not seen any proof... 

Sony doesn't have to address the issue Bethesda is having. Why? Because Sony didn't develop Skyrim, nor is Bethesda a 1st party developer for Sony. The problem Bethesda is having is completely on them, the hardware specs for the PS3 have been known for what 7 years or more now, but Bethesda are the ones who chose to either not learn how to properly develop on the PS3, or they have been extremely lazy and incompetent when it comes to porting games to the PS3. I think it's a combination of both. The only fault Sony has in this whole Skyrim debacle, is that they passed it for certification before the game released. The non-English versions of the game should have failed certification because 1.) Players couldn't access all the trophies(Master Criminal Trophy) and 2.) Some of the stats in the player stats menu weren't showing up. Those 2 things are automatic certification failures, but somehow it passed. I would also like to think that the base out of the box performance of the game should have made it fail certification as well, but again it still passed.

Edit: Bethesda did patch the Trophy glitch problem, and the stat problem, but people still report missing stats, and the Master Criminal Trophy not showing up. It still doesn't excuse Sony for passing it in certification.

Do I believe Bethesda is working with Sony? No I do not, and since Bethesda can't or won't provide proof they are working with Sony, let alone even tell us what is exactly wrong with the DLC then I believe it even less. Bethesda has repeatedly lied to not only PS3 customers but all of their customers since before Skyrim launched and with previous titles, why would they suddenly be honest now?

It's a little too late in the game to bring in Sony at this point. The game is developed and on the market, there really isn't much that can be done to salvage it now, save a full recall of all PS3 copies, and reproduction of a game built entirely from the ground up specifically for the PS3 but that's not going to happen and they blew their chance of doing that 8+ months ago after release. Tool(Todd) Howard admitted 2 months after release that the game could/would run into memory problems, why didn't they take the time to ask Sony for help then? Maybe if they had they wouldn't be in this inescapable mess now.

Right now I say there's a 70% chance that PS3 will not receive Dawnguard. If they can't get Dawnguard working at all Bethesda will decide to cut their losses with the PS3 version, drop support altogether, and focus on their other 2 platforms. I cannot see them continuing to support a product that through the fault of their own, is no longer pulling in revenue.

Home, the game to play if you're having a gender identity crisis.

The Neotopians, need to realize that the free market will decide which project will get funded. If the free market doesn't want Neotopia, they will have to get over that.
Message 19 of 57 (389 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
436 posts

Sep 1, 2012

they recently stated that dawnguard may never come out on the ps3. i am done with bethesda sure skyrim was a great game but because of how badly bethesda are treating their sony consumers im done with them how could they release a game that was broken to begin with

Message 20 of 57 (371 Views)
0 Likes