Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jul 28 2012
By: chickenbonetom Treasure Hunter 7583 posts

DLC Still up in the Air for PS3 Version of Skyrim UPDATED

[ Edited ]
56 replies 1248 views Edited Nov 26, 2012

Skyrimslash_feature.jpg

While I’m sure most of the gaming public has thought it was safe to assume that Skyrim’s Dawnguard DLC would eventually come to the PS3, it doesn’t look like that is necessarily the case, as Bethesda has emphasized the fact that they never said it would be coming to any other platform beyond the Xbox 360.

As such, we’ll have to wait for further confirmation from the developer to find out when (or even if) it will be made available to the PlayStation crowd. Pete Hines, the VP of PR and marketing at Bethesda explained the situation on Twitter, saying, “We have not announced Dawnguard for any other platform, nor given a timeline for any such news. If we have news, I promise I’d tell you.”

While that doesn’t sound particularly promising, it certainly doesn’t rule out the possibility that Dawnguard will eventually make it to Sony’s console. At least players can look forward to a less broken Skyrim experience when update 1.7 hits the PSN in the coming weeks.

Note: Article From Playstation Lifestyle

Message 1 of 57 (1,248 Views)
Lombax Warrior
124 posts

Re: Dawnguard DLC Still up in the Air for PS3 Version of Skyrim

Jul 30, 2012

That really makes it sound like its not coming, at least for a long while.  Well that really sucks

NP - Destiny, Shadow of Mordor, FIFA 15, NHL 15, Injustice Gods Among us

Get your Portable ID!
Message 2 of 57 (1,219 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7583 posts

Jul 31, 2012

Bethesda: Info Regarding Dawnguard on PS3 Coming “Later This Week”

Skyrim-feature-review.jpg

If the recent report that Skyrim’s Dawnguard DLC is still up in the air for the PS3 has you bent out of shape, you can rest easy, as Bethesda plans to make an official announcement regarding the matter by week’s end.

Marketing exec Pete Hines responded to the outcry on Twitter, saying that: ”Nothing has been said/announced about it. We should have info later this week.”

It goes without saying that this is a pretty peculiar situation, as Bethesda is quite adamant about reinforcing the fact that they never announced plans to bring Dawnguard to any platforms beyond the Xbox 360. That said, when a developer details a piece of DLC as being a timed exclusive, one would reasonably assume it would be coming to the other platforms at at later date.

Be sure to check back here at PlayStation LifeStyle later this week for official word from Bethesda regarding if and/or when gamers can expect Dawnguard to be made available to the PS3 crowd.

Message 3 of 57 (1,212 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
124 posts

Aug 1, 2012

Well that at least gives me some hope, a lot better than a no for now

NP - Destiny, Shadow of Mordor, FIFA 15, NHL 15, Injustice Gods Among us

Get your Portable ID!
Message 4 of 57 (1,200 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7583 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 3, 2012

Bethesda Releases An Update About Skyrim: Dawnguard For PS3: “Not Yet Satisfied” With Its Performance

images.jpg

Bethesda has given an update about the status of the PS3 version of Skyrim‘s first DLC pack.

For a while now, gamers playing Bethesda’s latest open-world RPG on PS3 have been wondering when Dawnguard will be released for them. In response to concerns about the DLC’s presence on PS3, Bethesda’s Pete Hines had said that new info should be coming later this week.

Today, The Elder Scrolls developer released the PC version of Dawnguard on Steam, which has had gamers wondering even more about the status of the DLC for owners of Sony consoles.

Bethesda has given the following update about the situation on the Bethesda Blog:

We are not satisfied yet with Dawnguard’s performance on the PS3. We would like for everyone to have a chance to play Dawnguard, but we aren’t going to release it for PS3 knowing that some people’s experience in Skyrim will be worse. We do everything we can to have our content available to all; from our free updates, to user mods, to paid DLC. We’re as disappointed as our fans when that isn’t the case, but we’ll continue to push for that reality.

Skyrim has had quite a number of issues on PS3, so Bethesda waiting to release Dawnguard until they know it’s running smoothly on PS3 seems like a good idea.

Message 5 of 57 (1,179 Views)
Treasure Hunter
7540 posts

Aug 3, 2012

Well, in the meantime I'll be putting in some serious time with Kingdoms of Amalur.

Message 6 of 57 (1,164 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
41050 posts

Aug 4, 2012
Some people expected this after how Skyrim looked out the gate on PS3. Piling more stuff on top of an already impressive mess with DLC wasn't going to work out well and we now have confirmation of that. Wondering just how they're going to solve this. Call Sony for help since Bethesda doesn't seem to know their way around a PS3? Sony engineers could probably do a patch work on the engine to at least get it passable for DLC to be anchored on.

Message 7 of 57 (1,154 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7583 posts

Aug 16, 2012

I would prob expect Dawnguard to appear by Early to Mid September. I figure Microsoft had a 60-90 day exclusive for this at least. Either that or Bethesa hates working on the PS3 and just doesn't feel like making this for it anytime soon lol.

Message 8 of 57 (1,098 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4583 posts

Aug 21, 2012

chickenbonetom wrote:

I would prob expect Dawnguard to appear by Early to Mid September. I figure Microsoft had a 60-90 day exclusive for this at least. Either that or Bethesa hates working on the PS3 and just doesn't feel like making this for it anytime soon lol.

I'm thinking it's the "hate working on the PS3" part.

Offtopic, but how is the PS3 version now? I sold mine back in mid/late Feb. because of the lag and stuff.

18V Sig
Message 9 of 57 (1,071 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
225 posts

Aug 21, 2012

look at Fallout 3 and New Vegas. they run stable untill you add on the dlc. the GOTY NV is a nightmare. The only way to play Dawnguard dlc on ps3 would be to start a fresh character build it up just enough to have decent skills and weapons and then play the dlc. If you added Dawngaurd onto a 10mb save file character it would be unplayable. I will not be buying another Bethsoft game for ps3. Possibly Ps4 

(SLP) Handymanphil79
Officer of S.V.E.R. Loyalist Party
The true heart and soul of SVER
Remember kids heal and rez blue dots and kill the red dots
http://www.magleaderboards.com/view-player/handymanphil79

SLP --- OFTEN IMITATED NEVER DUPLICATED. LET THE HATERS HATE
Message 10 of 57 (1,059 Views)
0 Likes