Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Aug 09 2012
By: TrannieGirl Lombax Warrior 87 posts

CALLING FOR BETHESDA/ZENIMAX BOYCoTT!!!

11 replies 683 views Edited Aug 9, 2012

I would suggest that EVERYONE who is tired of waiting for Bethesda to release the Dawnguard DLC for Skyrim to boycott ALL Bethesda/Zenimax titles! This includea all games from the Fallout series... Quake series... and Elder Scroll series INCLUDING Elder Scrolls Online. Bethesda SOftwworks is taking payoffs from a competitor to NOT release Dawnguard on PS3 in order to hard sell the competitor''s defective consoles. Understand that Bethesda/Zenimax however makes NO money on used titles... only new copies. But they DO make money on all DLC sold on PSN Store.

Thank You.

Message 1 of 12 (683 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
482 posts

Re: CALLING FOR BETHESDA/ZENIMAX BOYCoTT!!!

Aug 9, 2012

Meh, motion denied. Im sorry but even with the flaws the games carry, i have far more enjoyment out of their games than most of the others out right now, besides, the constant freezing, it increases the play time! oh, by the way, hopefully you were just trying to get everyone else to sell their copies but be too much of a coward to do it yourself, cause the update is out. Have a wonderful day

Message 2 of 12 (669 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
400 posts

Aug 9, 2012

I must dissagree with you OP. Bethesda as well as a huge number of other companies are getting paid for a 30 day xbox exclustivity. They are not the only ones. Dawnguard will be out Im guessing shortly thanks to the 1.7 patch that lanched a couple hours ago; maybe as soon as this tuesday when the store updates. They have issues and dont want to release a flawed game. In my opinion they are doing right. Imagine the uproar if they released it right at the 30 day mark and they had so many problems. People would be screaming for their money back and the complaints would be worse than they are now.

Message 3 of 12 (666 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
87 posts

Aug 9, 2012

understandable.... but Dawnguard was supposed to be released and Bethesda is all hush-hush abiout it being late until last minute where they offered a poor excuse and no follow up to people's questions... we were also to have patch 1.7 released this week but all i got today was 1.6... like i said... they getting paid by a competitor to hard sell the competitor's defective console

my suggestion... if Bethesda walks like a duck and quacks like a duck... chances are (99.99% probablity) that they are a duck... everyyone on Bethesda's Blog is even saying it's due to a payoff from a competitor (name withheld due to forum rules) Maybe Bethesda should update their customers with some kind of progress... but i guess this is the new way... crap all over your customerxs and expect them to like it...

Message 4 of 12 (656 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
87 posts

Aug 9, 2012

...hopefully you were just trying to get everyone else to sell their copies...

actually... i didn't even imply that at all... i specifically called for a boycott on buying new copies... bethesda makes no profit whatsoever on resold used ones

Message 5 of 12 (655 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
87 posts

Aug 9, 2012

crazyduck23 wrote:

Dawnguard will be out Im guessing shortly thanks to the 1.7 patch that lanched a couple hours ago...

check the patch data... says 1.06 not 1.07

Message 6 of 12 (654 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
482 posts

Aug 10, 2012

your kinda like Obama (OP), your ideas sound like a good idea at first, but no one will really follow you

Message 7 of 12 (651 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
896 posts

Aug 10, 2012

Patch 1.6 for the PS3 version of Skyrim just came out today, and contrary to it's name of "1.6", it's actually Skyrim version 1.7. It would be FAR less confusing for PS3 gamers if they just named it 1.7. But the reason it's called "1.6" on PS3, is because the version 1.6 that PC and xbox got, never came out on PS3. So on PS3, 1.7 is called 1.6. *shrugs*

PSN ID: Darth-Krayt

Eye of Judgment, Monster Hunter, Killzone 2, Sared 2 Fallen Angel, WipOut HD Fury, Motorstorm Pacific Rift, Super Street Fighter 4, Marvel: Ultimate Alliance, Mortal Kombat, Unreal Tounament 3, MGS4, Oblivion, Ghostbusters, Dragon Age Origins, MAG, Heavy Rain, GoW3, Dragon Age 2, Rage, Skyrim, DOOM3:BFG, Gran Turismo 5
Message 8 of 12 (649 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
896 posts

Aug 10, 2012

Disregard that reply. Thinking on your comment, I realised you were just being facetious

PSN ID: Darth-Krayt

Eye of Judgment, Monster Hunter, Killzone 2, Sared 2 Fallen Angel, WipOut HD Fury, Motorstorm Pacific Rift, Super Street Fighter 4, Marvel: Ultimate Alliance, Mortal Kombat, Unreal Tounament 3, MGS4, Oblivion, Ghostbusters, Dragon Age Origins, MAG, Heavy Rain, GoW3, Dragon Age 2, Rage, Skyrim, DOOM3:BFG, Gran Turismo 5
Message 9 of 12 (647 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1798 posts

Aug 12, 2012

Sold my Skyrim copy a few weeks after buying it. Haven't tried it since. I'm waiting for a possible GOTY edition with all the DLC  and will see how many bugs and glitches will be on it. 

I'm done with Bethesda for a while. 

Message 10 of 12 (630 Views)
0 Likes