Mar 19 2008
By: RockMax Uncharted Territory 2167 posts

Best Armor and Weapons in ALL of Oblivion

9 replies 2435 views Edited Mar 19, 2008

Including Knights of the Nine and Shivering Isles, what is the best armor and weapons you can get?  I don't think I'm in the market for a new weapon or 2 ANY time soon.  I have my Akiviri Warblade which does some pretty cool kill you stuff, and I have an Ebony Claymore that does fire damage.  Both those do some pretty nice damage so I'm happy with those.  I have self enchanted Daedric armor but I'm getting tired of it and I'm going to start doing SI soon.  So I know by the time I'm done with SI I have the best armor, what should I look for?  Oh, I'm a master of heavy armor, no light armor for me thank you.  And I'm a master of blade as well, so I don't need or use many other weapons.

I checked the wikipedia Oblivion page but it's a little confusing to me.  I wish you could customize the look of armor in the game so you really truely look unique. 

Message 1 of 10 (2,435 Views)
0 Likes
Umbrella Scientist
13860 posts

Re: Best Armor and Weapons in ALL of Oblivion

Mar 19, 2008

Armor: Madness armor in the shivering isles, level 20, Amber armor in shivering isles, or daedric.

Weapon: Chillrend at level 25, Goldbrand, or sword of the crusader.

Message 2 of 10 (2,435 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1094 posts

Mar 20, 2008
weapon in SI....Shadowred and Dawn/Dusk fang.
and as BeTa said...armor in SI...Madness (heavy). especially if you can get the Matric for them.
Message 3 of 10 (2,435 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2167 posts

Mar 20, 2008
Ok, I'm almost level 24 so that shouldn't be a problem.  I'll keep an eye out for the Madness Armor in SI.  I have no need for shields cuz of my mad skillz, and I have reflect damage at 72%.  Thanks.

Message 4 of 10 (2,435 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6722 posts

Mar 24, 2008
nerveshatterer or whatever that hammer is is the best imo. plus it looks awesome
Message 5 of 10 (2,435 Views)
0 Likes
Umbrella Scientist
13860 posts

Mar 24, 2008

FuneralFog wrote:
nerveshatterer or whatever that hammer is is the best imo. plus it looks awesome
HELL NO. That thing is broken. The shock is never applied.
Message 6 of 10 (2,435 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
41 posts

Mar 24, 2008

RockMax wrote:
Ok, I'm almost level 24 so that shouldn't be a problem.  I'll keep an eye out for the Madness Armor in SI.  I have no need for shields cuz of my mad skillz, and I have reflect damage at 72%.  Thanks.
You have to have Madness armor made for you by the wacky psycho armorer in crucible.  You have to get a matrix for each piece you intend to make and enough madness ore as well.  Both are found in tunnels in SI.  Same goes for amber armor but with the other armorer and with amber instead.
Message 7 of 10 (2,435 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1146 posts

Mar 24, 2008

RockMax wrote:

Including Knights of the Nine and Shivering Isles, what is the best armor and weapons you can get? I don't think I'm in the market for a new weapon or 2 ANY time soon. I have my Akiviri Warblade which does some pretty cool kill you stuff, and I have an Ebony Claymore that does fire damage. Both those do some pretty nice damage so I'm happy with those. I have self enchanted Daedric armor but I'm getting tired of it and I'm going to start doing SI soon. So I know by the time I'm done with SI I have the best armor, what should I look for? Oh, I'm a master of heavy armor, no light armor for me thank you. And I'm a master of blade as well, so I don't need or use many other weapons.

I checked the wikipedia Oblivion page but it's a little confusing to me. I wish you could customize the look of armor in the game so you really truely look unique.

Best armor? Madnes, max level. ITS BETTER WITHOUT THE MATRICES. If you have the armor WITHOUT the matrices, you can ENCHANT IT YOURSELF. Nine times out of ten, any armor you enchant yourself is MUCH better.

Also, the light armor, or no armor can be almost exactly as good with the simple use of a shield, or even better, a  (element)shield enchantment.  Your maximum armor value is 85, the shield effect which is included along with resistance in an (elemental) shield spell increases your armor value, with the same maximum.  Useing a couple of shield effects can boost any armor up to the maximum, so you can consider the benifits of light armor, or basic clothing (unarmored) over heavy.  The downside is that you lose a couple of enchantment slots, taken by shield effects.

The best weapon, by its own merits, is Shadowrend at max level.  Shadowrend is aquired figting your doppleganger I believe.  I say by its own merits, because its a two handed weapon, and while its DPS is the best of any weapon, (or at least and blade weapon, I never pay much attention to blunt), not being allowed to equip a shield is quite a setback, even if you never block, a shield is an extra enchantment,  and I believe a bonus to your armor as well.  The best one handed blade weapon is chillrend (max level),  chillrend does more damage per second then any other single handed blade weapon, HOWEVER a lot of that damage is cold based, and a lot of enemys are immune or resistant to cold.  Goldbrand, while not nearly the best, can be a good weapon to alternate with when you are fighting cold immune enemys, specifically undead.  Goldbrand is NOT leveled.

Message Edited by Thanat0s on 03-24-2008 04:52 PM
Message 8 of 10 (2,435 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6686 posts

Mar 25, 2008
The whole Cursader Armour set. If you place it back on its stand it will level up to your level and fully recharge (including weapons). It comes with a shield and a one handed sword (mace to) so you'll get that bonus and extra enchantment.
Message 9 of 10 (2,435 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1146 posts

Mar 25, 2008

TONYHAWK101 wrote:
The whole Cursader Armour set. If you place it back on its stand it will level up to your level and fully recharge (including weapons). It comes with a shield and a one handed sword (mace to) so you'll get that bonus and extra enchantment.
Pre enchanted armor is (mostly) garbage, and the Crusader set is no exception. It is also lower in defense then Madness armor. The Crusader sword is not as good as Chillrend, much less Shadow Rend, Damage magicka is not a particularly usefull effect.

I say pre enchanted armor is MOSTLY garbage.  There are exceptions, the most notable is any armor with a usefull effect that is not available in enchanting, such as reflect damage/spell.  It is possible to use a "set" of equipment with this effect and gain immuity to certain damage sources.   
Message Edited by Thanat0s on 03-25-2008 11:07 AM
Message 10 of 10 (2,435 Views)
0 Likes