Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jun 05 2012
By: jwr718 Monster Hunter 34 posts

Letter to Sony, Regarding Wonder Book

14 replies 391 views Edited Jun 5, 2012

I understand Sony wanted to balance the conference to cater to everyone's wants but Wonderbook was awful. The amount of time spent on it, the dedication (you say) you're committing to it, the presentation as a whole was a bore. It's for kids obviously but even the kids will stop playing it after the second or third time turning it on. It'll be a dust collector as was EyePet as was the Wii as was the Move. As a matter of fact I see it's lifecycle comparable to that drawing tablet that has two games no one cares about? You open up acknowledging that you will be judged, a winner/loser will be declared, and you proceed to purposely lose. Sorry people above let's be realistic because maybe a year or two ago I would have been like you. "Yay Sony" "Great Innovation" "WOW" until I realized the mistakes they constantly make and the amounts of cash I've spent on crap being such a fan. Sony... Learn something. Besides the inevitable mistake you've made that will grow your ever-expanding debt. I will say I'm happy about Beyond, GOW, Last Of Us, Battle Royale... There are still plenty of games on the pipeline that have been there before those mentioned that don't have a release date, a showing, or mention until god knows when however. Oh and Mentioning Call Of Duty last year then adding Black Ops whatever to the mention this year was also stupid. Good Luck this year and next you need it

Message 1 of 15 (391 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
25217 posts

Re: Letter to Sony, Regarding Wonder Book

Jun 5, 2012

Yeah, why should they try anything different. We all know books are Kryptonite to gamers! Everyone knows that "gamers" are far too cool for something like this.

Bro, there's a reason why they MAKE games, and you PLAY games. Get over it.

Message 2 of 15 (391 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
34 posts

Jun 5, 2012

You missed the part where I've bought into this "Innovative technology" that they gave up on after they flopped? I'm pretty sure you have too. Then it's bob and weave until they have another piece of crap to flash to distract their fans from the fact that they just tried this and failed and lost plenty of money, cost the valued consumer plenty of money, for nothing. I think it should have never been made... but cool it was made... now just mention it and show off later at the booth... No. They spent the most time on the least interesting offering and hid away games that they have announced and secretly tucked away like if a fan hasn't bought into it or chose to forget it.

Message 3 of 15 (391 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
25217 posts

Jun 5, 2012

jwr718 wrote:

You missed the part where I've bought into this "Innovative technology" that they gave up on after they flopped? I'm pretty sure you have too. Then it's bob and weave until they have another piece of crap to flash to distract their fans from the fact that they just tried this and failed and lost plenty of money, cost the valued consumer plenty of money, for nothing. I think it should have never been made... but cool it was made... now just mention it and show off later at the booth... No. They spent the most time on the least interesting offering and hid away games that they have announced and secretly tucked away like if a fan hasn't bought into it or chose to forget it.

All I know is that "gamers" aren't interested in anything unless it involves blood splattering, dismembering corpses, and bodies piled up to the sky. Just because you don't like the Wonderbook doesn't mean they shouldn't try something different. Everyone wonders why there's tons of shooters on the market, that's because it's EASY. Gamers love things that are easy, and Wonderbook and all of these other things that might require to actually put down the potato chips and get off the couch, and appeal to something other than their inherent and basic instinct to cause destruction, aren't. And when something different does comes along, they raise all holy hell, because it's not "hardcore enough".

It's not your money they're using to make these things. All you're worried about is the PS3 being looked at the same way the Wii is, and that you won't be "hardcore enough". Bro, they're not holding a gun to your head and forcing you to buy it. You'll still get your killfests and gun p**n games. Like I said, get over it and yourself. 

Message 4 of 15 (391 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
34 posts

Jun 5, 2012

No my biggest concern is my 4 Move Sticks, 2 Nav Controllers, 2 Cameras that I spent money on because several members of my large latino style household thought it'd be cool and then we've never used. For one reason, not enough support. Then to top it off Sony makes cuts, Sony lays off people, and other horrible consequences occur because of bad decisions. I'm expressing my opinion of the Wonderbook and sonys method to expose it being a bad decision. It's what I do as a fan and apparently all of us when the time or setting is most convenient such as now on the sony playstation forums. I'm pretty sure no one who matters would read it or care but I wish it were the opposite because they need some business sense knocked into them. Not saying I'm a business tycoon but from my position i'm clearly spotting these mistakes. I love the chances sony take sometimes and they have provided me with some great gaming sessions but these types of decisions are unnecessary and costly for them and consumers

Message 5 of 15 (391 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Jun 5, 2012

Are you SERIOUSLY trying to tell people that an application (that's going to cost $60/book) that READS to you and makes you waggle your hand a couple of times to move the story along, all the while HOLDING THE BOOK UPSIDEDOWN isn't easy??

This is seriously the most retarded thing I've seen in a while. It doesn't TEACH, has insanely limited content, has issues OPERATING from the demo we saw and could quite possibly be the biggest money suck that SONY has ever done on a product aimed at challenged 6 year olds!

People just will NOT pay the amount of money they are going to be asking for when they can actually buy a REAL book for far less and spend time reading to their kid!

They need to dump this POS before it REALLY costs them serious cash.

Message 6 of 15 (391 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
117 posts

Jun 5, 2012

the real question is: how is this a letter?

"do not pray for an easy life, pray for the strength to endure a difficult one"

Get your Portable ID!
Message 7 of 15 (391 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
5723 posts

Jun 5, 2012

They showcased like 1 move game. Calm down.

Message 8 of 15 (391 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2397 posts

Jun 5, 2012

I thought the Move presentation would never end lol.  I hope this is the last year they try to push the Move.  This would of been cool in like... 2006.  But solid show overall.

photo 4f9f1065-23b3-4875-a40d-e36af3b1f802.jpg
#I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for what I'm not
Message 9 of 15 (391 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
28931 posts

Jun 5, 2012

Honestly they spent too much time on this in their conference. It really seemed to drag the rest of the show down. I have no interest in this game but I hope it does well....

Message 10 of 15 (391 Views)
0 Likes