Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
PlayStation MVP
28511 posts

Re: E3 Talk about the Good and the Bad!

Jun 5, 2012

Sony did good. I just wish they left out the Harry Potter stuff. That seemed to be long winded....

Please use plain text.
Message 41 of 59 (454 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
62 posts

Jun 5, 2012

Both shows were meh.  The only things that caught my eye were Halo 4 and the last of us.

I give both shows a 5/10

Please use plain text.
Message 42 of 59 (454 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1964 posts

Jun 5, 2012

I think that they were taking too long with the Wonderbook presentation. It's cool and looks like fun for family & kids, but the presentation took up more time than needed for other anticipated games. All in all, I liked Sony's performance.

Please use plain text.
Message 43 of 59 (454 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4065 posts

Jun 5, 2012

Well from the press conferences of all 5 shows. The games that made me excited were Splinter Cell Blacklist, TombRaider(not that I am fond with the Day one Exclusive deal), Watch_Dogs, Dead Space 3, Assassins Creed 3 and Liberation, Beyond, GOD OF WAR ASCENSION, The Last of Us. I did think the Ubisoft beginning was Great lol!

photo 512d0aca-9476-4802-855d-3554158e2e5e_zps0b4ea223.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 44 of 59 (454 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
838 posts

Re: E3 Disappointments

Jun 5, 2012

FreshRevenge wrote:

CircleBoi6 wrote:

Something told me that Microsoft wouldn't bring much to their live press conference...

yeah Microsoft was pretty lame. It seem like they didn't have anything good to show. I mean one exclusive of Halo. I mean when did Tomb Raider a multiplatform game and had it's start on playstation become exlusive to Xbox for DLC? That is an Outrage and insult to gamers!

Photobucket

Tomb Raider Underworld had exclusive DLC on the Xbox 360. Legend also had DLC. As far as Tomb Raider starting on the Playstation platform, i think the Sega Saturn version came out before the PS version. But Tomb Raider had it's biggest Success on the Playstation platform.

Please use plain text.
Message 45 of 59 (454 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1243 posts

Jun 5, 2012

Is Sidewhelmed a word?

Please use plain text.
Message 46 of 59 (454 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
5215 posts

Jun 5, 2012

FreshRevenge wrote:

I think Sony had a good show this year!

A solid showing.

Please use plain text.
Message 47 of 59 (454 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4065 posts

Jun 5, 2012

Well I will start by saying who had the weakest press conference so far..

Now this is from a gamer's propective and not some sort a fanwizard. I thought Microsoft presentation was pretty weak and I will say why. One I think they had one exclusive that might of gain some respect(Halo 4). Yet let's take a look at the others games.

Tomb Raider. Tomb Raider was born on Playstation and somehow it is being shown on Xbox Press Conference? Now if you took this away from their press conference, It would be pretty short. I am little annoyed that day one DLC is somehow exclusive to Xbox??

Splinter Cell Blacklist, now this is an UBISOFT game which is going multiplatform and I am pretty excited too. Yet if you took this away from the Xbox press conference, their show just got shorter.

Call of Duty Black OP2. Now I don't really care for this series. Yet they show this at the end of their conference. Now since it is really multiplatform it shouldn't be on Xbox's line up either. So take 11 minutes of gameplay and you really have a short press conference from Xbox.

Now they showed some Nike Training thing which  I was yawning away the whole presentation. So take that away and what do you got, 20 minutes of a 1 and a half presentation.

EA had a few games that well Dead Space 3 and Crysis 3 was about it for me. Yet they had better games presented than the Xbox press Conference. I am annoyed they didn't reveal Mirrors Edge 2 or Half life 3. Yet who knows?

Ubisoft did a fantastic job with their presentation. I love the introduction in the beginning and the games were really exciting. Watch_Dogs is now on my wish list. Assassins Creed 3 and Liberation. Splinter Cell Blacklist was pretty good too, finally! FarCry 3.

Let's talk about Sony press Conference. Beyond blew my jaw on the floor. It looks like a real good game and I think it sort of has a supernatural twist to it that I might enjoy, Silent Hill fan and all. I think God of War Ascension well Kratos tearing a hole in Elephant man was EPIC as Usual;
was on my list of games that I wanted to see. The Last of Us is definitely on my list of games to get! The books of Spells was innovating and it might be great for some gamers, yet I might not get it right away. For me Sony did a lot better than last year. I think the ending  with a shotgun blast to the face on The Last of Us was pretty Epic! Sony is a family oriented you know!

For me it is tie between Ubisoft and Sony, yet since God of War Ascension was part of the Sony presentation, I have to give Sony the The best Press Conference of the year award, um if I had an actual award to give them.

Xbox Press Conference 4/10-Tomb Raider and Splinter Cell Blacklist Nuff said. The rest was boring,

EA Press Conference 6/10-Dead Space, Crysis 3, Battlefield 3 Premium if you are into that!

Ubisoft Press Conference 8/10 Dance in the beginning with Girls, Assassins Creed 3, Watch_Dogs, Splinter Cell Blacklist, Storm

Sony Press Conference 9/10-Beyond knocked me out, God of War Ascension was just pure Epic, PS Vita Bundle with AC3 Liberation, The Last of Us was a shotgun blast to my fast LOL

Nintendo Press Conference ???

photo 512d0aca-9476-4802-855d-3554158e2e5e_zps0b4ea223.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 48 of 59 (454 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
5215 posts

Jun 5, 2012

Nicely written, To be honest i don't really care for Nintendo anymore.

Please use plain text.
Message 49 of 59 (454 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
62 posts

Jun 5, 2012

@FreshRevenge, no offense, but your review is somewhat biased.

You completley forgot about Halo 4, which I won't lie schocked me as I thought it would look far worse than it did, and Gears of War.  And let's be fair, if "The Books of Spells" was part of Microsoft's conference you would have placed it under the "boring" section.

I am in no way biased, I own both consoles.  I personally think both conferences were a 5/10

Please use plain text.
Message 50 of 59 (454 Views)
0 Likes