Splicer
62 posts

Re: E3 Talk about the Good and the Bad!

Jun 5, 2012

Fine, my apologies about Halo.

You should get your eyes checked, because I said IF The Book of Spells was under the MS conference (meaning it wasn't) you would consider it's boring, but since it's on Sony's you didn't find it boring.

Also, a lot of times DLC is exclusive to Xbox is because Microsoft buys the rights to it.  That's why it's like that for Call of Duty DLC.

Message 51 of 59 (470 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4284 posts

Jun 5, 2012

MJSisco wrote:

@FreshRevenge, no offense, but your review is somewhat biased.

You completley forgot about Halo 4, which I won't lie schocked me as I thought it would look far worse than it did, and Gears of War.  And let's be fair, if "The Books of Spells" was part of Microsoft's conference you would have placed it under the "boring" section.

I am in no way biased, I own both consoles.  I personally think both conferences were a 5/10

No I didn't forget Halo 4 you just didn't read my post. Read it again and you will see Halo 4 in brackets. Touche!

Also Book of Spells is not part of the boring section of the Xbox Press Conference. It is not even there

You are thinking of Forza Horizon!   You need your eyes check again and watch it!

Now making assumptions on where I would put where is not really a good idea with me. Okay I did think "Book of Spells was innovating. I think if I was a kid again I would ending buying the game for myself. Okay so I forgot Gears of War. It just wasn't interesting to me. Now I bet you if you took out all of the games like Resident Evil 6(Multiplatform) TombRaider(Multiplatform) Splinter Cell Blacklist(multiplatform) You would have a short show. Okay I did like the Southpark game. Yet I think that would go multiplatform too!

photo 512d0aca-9476-4802-855d-3554158e2e5e_zps0b4ea223.jpg
Message 52 of 59 (470 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
62 posts

Jun 5, 2012

@FreshRevenge, that's not what I'm getting at, but nevermind.  It really doesn't matter.

My apologies for getting you confused.

Message 53 of 59 (470 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1243 posts

Jun 5, 2012

FreshRevenge wrote:

MJSisco wrote:

@FreshRevenge, no offense, but your review is somewhat biased.

You completley forgot about Halo 4, which I won't lie schocked me as I thought it would look far worse than it did, and Gears of War.  And let's be fair, if "The Books of Spells" was part of Microsoft's conference you would have placed it under the "boring" section.

I am in no way biased, I own both consoles.  I personally think both conferences were a 5/10

No I didn't forget Halo 4 you just didn't read my post. Read it again and you will see Halo 4 in brackets. Touche!

Also Book of Spells is not part of the boring section of the Xbox Press Conference. It is not even there

You are thinking of Forza Horizon!   You need your eyes check again and watch it!

Now making assumptions on where I would put where is not really a good idea with me. Okay I did think "Book of Spells was innovating. I think if I was a kid again I would ending buying the game for myself. Okay so I forgot Gears of War. It just wasn't interesting to me. Now I bet you if you took out all of the games like Resident Evil 6(Multiplatform) TombRaider(Multiplatform) Splinter Cell Blacklist(multiplatform) You would have a short show. Okay I did like the Southpark game. Yet I think that would go multiplatform too!

Photobucket

Southpark is going to be on PS3 as well. The official trailer for it has the PS3 and PSN logos at the end.

Message 54 of 59 (470 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4068 posts

Jun 5, 2012

I watched the Press Events for EA Games, Ubisoft and Sony. And in my opinion, I thought Sony had the strongest showing.

I was disappointed with EA Games as they didn't show off the new NBA Live tritle as I am interested in that game. Need for Speed: Most Wanted on the Playstation 2 was and still is my favorite NFS title so it was nice to see a return of Most Wanted. I enjoyed the single player of the most recent Medal of Honor but I doubt Medal of Honor: Warfighter will be a release day purchase for me. To be honest, EA's show was weak.

Ubisoft showed off 2 games that got me very excited....WatchDogs and Assassin's Creed III. WatchDogs seems like a story that would interest me and from the stage demo, the gameplay looks like my cup of tea. As for Assassin's Creed III......new main character looks amazing in action and the environments look stunning. I will be certain to pick this one up when it is released later this year.

Sony, Sony, Sony...not bad...strongest presentation so far. The new IP, looks great but I would like to see some actual gameplay to see what the game is actually like. The story seems interesting enough though. The new God of War looks amazing and without a doubt is a must have title for me. Naughty Dog seems to be onto something really special with The Last of Us as that gameplay demo was the best thing at E3 so far for me. AMAZING!!!!!

Message 55 of 59 (470 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
45 posts

Jun 6, 2012

Sony show was the strongest so far cause they showed more new games.

Message 56 of 59 (470 Views)
0 Likes
PIayStation MVP
12905 posts

Jun 6, 2012

Sony has more exclusives because they have purchased more studios to supply them. This is the biggest edge that Sony has over Microsoft and Nintendo.

Nobody can expect any third party game to be exclusive to one platform anymore, due to the high development costs...

Message 57 of 59 (470 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
6111 posts

Jun 6, 2012

Plus Sony has been in the gaming industry for alot longer than Microsoft.

"RNGsus, hallowed be thy name. Thy digits come, thy will be done, on Earth as it is in the Tower. Give us this day our daily shards. And forgive us our dismantles, as we forgive those who have dismantled before us. And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from the Cryptarch. For thine is the loot table, the engrams, and the luck, forever and ever."
~Amen
Message 58 of 59 (470 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4284 posts

Jun 6, 2012

Logical_Dolphin wrote:

Sony has more exclusives because they have purchased more studios to supply them. This is the biggest edge that Sony has over Microsoft and Nintendo.

Nobody can expect any third party game to be exclusive to one platform anymore, due to the high development costs...

Well that may be true yet you take Splinter Cell Conviction, Microsoft made that exclusive to their console only and Ubisoft is mostly a multiplatform company! I am hoping with the release of Splinter Cell Blacklist(this is bad news, Michael Ironside the voice of Sam fisher isn't making his return with this one) they will make Conviction multiplatform. I don't want to get an Xbox just for a few exclusives. Like you said Sony has more variety and exclusives than Microsoft.

I am still ticked off with the Tomb Raider deal on the day one DLC that Microsoft is doing. This is the reason with the division, most gamers don't own all three systems, so they stick with the console of choice. Now I do consider Sony the champion of console gaming(this isn't fanwizardry), unless you play on pc.

Now there are some games that were exclusive to Microsoft like Bioshock for example. I didn't play it until it was ported over to PS3 by EA. Now it is one of my favorite game series. If I want to play Halo 4 than I might just have to pick up an Xbox for Christmas? Yet I am planning to get a PSvita, might have to get the Assassins Creed Liberation bundle

There are some games that should just be exclusives like God of War!

Okay I wanted to share my thoughts on the Nintendo Press Conference.

well I can't say I was impressed. I don't think the Wii U is something that I will be using. It looks bulky and just looks like the PSVita deformed LOL. I though their presentation was weak because I don't think they had a lot to share this year. I think Reggie was talking the whole time and I think I stopped watching it!

photo 512d0aca-9476-4802-855d-3554158e2e5e_zps0b4ea223.jpg
Message 59 of 59 (470 Views)
0 Likes