Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Mar 10 2011
By: TheAmishBomb First Son 12 posts

Warrior, Mage, or Rogue?

14 replies 673 views Edited Mar 10, 2011

This question pertains to both DA:smileysurprised:, and DA2-

Ok, for my playthrough in DA:smileysurprised:, I choose the warrior; as I usually do in games like this. I am fairly disappointed with the lack of spells for this class though. There really aren't many attack spells that are actually good. While I do not regret my choice of warrior, I wish they would have added a bit of variety. I must admit, in DA2 it seems they really did so. The demo was great, the battles were MUCH more thrilling and the magic for the warrior was much improved. But now onto my main question!

I am unsure of what class I want to be in DA2. I played the demo as the mage, warrior, and rogue, and honestly I enjoyed them all. The only reason I am questioning being a warrior, is because I feel it's time for something new. I always choose warrior because it was sort of the middle man; the easiest to get used to, if you will. You simply go up, slash and gash, use a spell here or there and that's it. But I'm getting more into the mechanics of these games as I have been increasingly getting addicted to them. I like the Mage because of the insanely powerful spells they cast, but I also enjoy melee combat as well. Thus why I also like the warrior and rogue. I think my main two choices are probably mage or rogue. I like the dual-wielding rogue, and the magic for that class seems pretty cool as well. So tell me, what class do you guys choose, and why? And what are some pros and cons of the class you choose. Thanks!

Message 1 of 15 (673 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
989 posts

Re: Warrior, Mage, or Rogue?

Mar 10, 2011

Well I finished Act 1 on my warrior and my mage and the mage was much more fun. Altho the mage on DA:smileysurprised: was made more of a glass dps. This 1 actually has spells that let him get up close and hit(slash if you get the cool demo staff) theres rock armor(looks badass) and arcane shield(SHINY). Asides from the low hp at the beginning of the game I dont see any cons with the mage

Warrior you kinda feel more badass but only because of the armor also warriors cut enemy limbs but mages blow em up ^^

Rouge,,, I dont like Im more of a IMA kill YOu in Yo face guy. Dont like fighting dirty(backstabs)

I'm no troll, I just dont like you.
Message 2 of 15 (673 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
12 posts

Mar 10, 2011

I agree with you on the fact that the Mage is more fun. I haven't received my copy of DA2 yet but just in the demo, it was a blast playing as that class. That's interesting about the spells for the mage, where you can actually go up and attack.

Message 3 of 15 (673 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1109 posts

Mar 10, 2011

I just finished  Act One as a rogue and found it to be enjoyable.....I like the ability to lockpick and find traps to gain the XP without changing party members.....

Message 4 of 15 (673 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
12 posts

Mar 10, 2011

The fact that they can pick locks and disarm traps is a big plus to their race for me. I also enjoy their agility and how they can dual weild.

Message 5 of 15 (673 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1109 posts

Mar 10, 2011

...it's been fun so far....may start over tonight as a warrior to try out the cool sword /shield combo that came with the signature edition....hope you get your game soon and can get to enjoy in the fun....

Message 6 of 15 (673 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
80 posts

Mar 10, 2011

I personally like the rogue best. My rogue on DA:smileysurprised: was more of a Warrior with Rogue perks than a full Rogue.

Message 7 of 15 (673 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
12 posts

Mar 10, 2011

It should be here soon! I preordered but had to put the order on hold from gamestop because it showed up as the PC version and not the PS3 version. Got it changed around and now it's on it's way. But for some reason when I went to social.bioware.com to redeem my promo code for preordering it, it only showed up in the xbox and pc categories. I have no idea why it wouldn't show up in ps3 when it's the only one I reallly care about!

Message 8 of 15 (673 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2530 posts

Mar 10, 2011

another gamestop fail. On tuesday, they tried to give me a regular version when I went to pick up my signature version. when DO came out last year, the GS tool  behind the counter gave me the promo code for PC instead of PS3 and it took months of haggling with gamestop cs help before they sent me a correct one.

TheAmishBomb wrote:

It should be here soon! I preordered but had to put the order on hold from gamestop because it showed up as the PC version and not the PS3 version. Got it changed around and now it's on it's way. But for some reason when I went to social.bioware.com to redeem my promo code for preordering it, it only showed up in the xbox and pc categories. I have no idea why it wouldn't show up in ps3 when it's the only one I reallly care about!

Message 9 of 15 (673 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
12 posts

Mar 10, 2011

Damn they suck. In the email I received for it, it showed the ps3 version next to the code, so I fully believed it was for that version. I contacted them letting them know it did not show up for the ps3 version, and they said "this does not validate the issue of another code" I am pretty pissed because I want the sword and shield, but we'll see what happens. It's just odd. I think the code can work for all consoles, you just choose which one you want to redeem it for when you actually buy the game and link it up with whatever email/game account you choose to sign up with on social.bioware.com. But who knows, maybe when I get my game and look in the extras, it'll show my sword and shield. If not, I'll be emailing bioware lol.

Message 10 of 15 (673 Views)
0 Likes