Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Mar 11 2011
By: VyperZ Hekseville Citizen 400 posts

Unequip Apparel in Dragon Age 2?

8 replies 545 views Edited Mar 11, 2011

Am I imagining things or did Bioware ammend Dragon Age 2 from the first game such that one cannot unequip armor or anything worn by a character except by replacing said item with another?! The games rating as with the first game and its expansion packs is Mature. Are we being treated like children? Did some parents lobby to have the game creators forbid us from seeing our characters in their undergarments? If so i have a better solution: Don't let your kids play games whose content you don't approve of! Don't ruin it for the nerds who otherwise couldn't have the slimmest of hope that a girl might do a striptease for them. It's Computerized and it's not nudity for Christ's sake!

If I'm incorrect, please somebody correct me. It's not that I'm so pathetic that I stoop to the level of getting a rise out of scantilly-clad animated characters. It's for the principle of having a strong resentment for censorship of any kind.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 9 (545 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
312 posts

Re: Unequip Apparel in Dragon Age 2?

Mar 12, 2011

No, you can unequip armor and have the character run around in skivvies.. but only for Hawke. You can't remove armor from your companions.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 9 (545 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1727 posts

Mar 12, 2011

Pirate_Atomsk wrote:

No, you can unequip armor and have the character run around in skivvies.. but only for Hawke. You can't remove armor from your companions.

Bah! I wanted Bethany in her skivvies!

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 9 (545 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
12 posts

Mar 14, 2011

I don't get this! Can the armor be changed at all for your companions? Because as of right now, EVERY piece of armor I find, is restricted for Hawke...so strange.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 9 (545 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
5919 posts

Mar 16, 2011

No you cannot change your companions armor, you can however upgrade their armor, which can be done by buying it, or finding them. you can get a couple in Act 1, but you don't start getting more until Act 2. If your in a shop, it will say the party members name in the description that's how you know it's an upgrade. but the majority of upgrades must be found. and once you get one, it automaticly upgrades your companions armor.

Every party member has 4 armor upgrades, except your brother or sister, they each have 1 upgrade. you can find 4 upgrades in act 1. 19 upgrades in act 2, and 7 upgrades in act 3.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 9 (545 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2530 posts

Mar 17, 2011

some (not all) of your companions will accept different weapons. All will wear rings, amulets & belts.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 9 (545 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
10 posts

Mar 25, 2011

Okay, while I can argue all kinds of reasons why the only legitimage complaint for not being able to strip your companions is perversion, I also have some dev-related theories as to why they probably did it:

1)  The characters are very class-specific in their abilities and the items intended for them buff the things that there class attributes are weak in.  In other words, by limiting the amount of changing around of armor that can be done, it keeps your party diverse by keeping your characters more class-restricted.  This sounds bad but is actually good for balancing your party overall.

2)  You'll notice that weapons change for each character, but their clothes don't change even with upgrades.  This was probably also a design decision to reduce the variation in narative and cutscene animation.

3)  A lot of the attributes that would normally be buffed by armor are now buffed by Passive Abilities/Spells, Accessories and Weapons.  While this happened in the first game as well, you might have noticed that almost EVERY item you CAN equip on your party members has some kind of buff, rather than just an armor rating.

It would be nice to be able to customize your companions a little more but by making their "armor" upgrade as THEY upgrade and making the focus more on character Attributes & Abilities, you spend way less time worry about WHAT their wearing and a lot more consideration goes into HOW they can use it (when you select Attributes & Abilities/Spells).

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 9 (545 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
76 posts

Mar 30, 2011

Actually, some armor does change, Merril's did for me near the end. Don't know if it's certain characters or all, maybe some specific items you can give them on top of the armor pieces found throughout the game

Who dares,wins!
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 9 (545 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
131 posts

Apr 9, 2011

The characters armour will only change if you are in a romance with them, except for Anders, his changes no matter whether you are in a romance with him or not, at the end of his Act 3 companion quest.

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 9 (545 Views)
0 Likes