Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Welcoming Committee
6674 posts

Re: Sony unlock Dragon Age Saves if....

Apr 23, 2010

This doesn't seem to make much sense, for a few reasons 1. unlocked saves are linked to the PSN, so if yo utry to use another persons save to get easy trophy you will get a message saying this save was created by another account and you cannot use it. The only way would be if a person hacks into the save, and there won't be many people hacking into it, since most people are not hackers. and 2. not all new games are locked, for example, FF 13 is not locked, while other new games are, if it's like the bioware staff said, that it's mandatory in order for a game to be released doesn't make sence, since not all games have locked saves, only select few.

Message 21 of 48 (20 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Apr 25, 2010

My 80 gb  Ps3 broke down few days ago ( the machine is only year and a half old). Now I somehow get it start every once in a while, but it's just matter of time till it stops working entirely, AND I really don't want to lose my Dragon Age saves. I've spent too many hours playing it to get all the progress erased.

I was wondering if the dragon age save data can be transferred to other ps3 even though the games saves are locked...???

But seriously, it's just wrong that the saves are locked. I don't know if it's just because of the trophies but I personally couldn't care less about them, I just enjoy playing games. 

And DA: O is a large game, a lot to lose. And my freaking ps3 stopped working without ANY good reason. 

Sony created wonderful death trap here....

Dragon age saves should be unlocked.

Message 22 of 48 (20 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
6674 posts

Apr 26, 2010

No, if a save is locked you cannot transfer them over to a new PS3, if you back up a save you can only restore the locked save on the same system.

Message 23 of 48 (20 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11498 posts

Apr 29, 2010

Great... my YLOD PS3 that I fixed just got YLOD again. It lasted a total of 20 minutes I think haha. I got all my saves except Dragon Age origins, Killzone 2 and Fat princess. Now my DAO save is gone for good -_-

LastShot-
Message 24 of 48 (20 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
186 posts

Apr 29, 2010

Please add my signature to this.

The thought of losing my Dragon Age saves is NOT something I want to be exposed to!

Message 25 of 48 (20 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

May 1, 2010

thisranks wrote:

Sorry, but i prefer locked saves. The last thing i want to see is the possibilty of someone getting a bunch of free trophies.

These trophies were well worth earning and i enjoyed doing it. Let others do the same.

I wouldn't even consider myself a real gamer, if this kind of system is what motivates gamers now.

Message 26 of 48 (20 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
487 posts

May 5, 2010

thisranks wrote:

Sorry, but i prefer locked saves. The last thing i want to see is the possibilty of someone getting a bunch of free trophies.

These trophies were well worth earning and i enjoyed doing it. Let others do the same.

For those who prefer console locked saved games. Do you not value able to backup the hours you put into the game? Trophy is nothing than an icon for bragging, but the hours put into the gameplay is far more important. I can care less if someone has more trophies than me especially those who hacked the saved game to get free trophies and missed the actual gameplay in the game.
So, if you put 100 hours into the game progress and the saved game got corrupted or lost due to whatever reason because it's console locked, you are okay with that as long someone else can't get free trophies? That's so illogical for value trophies more than able to backup the hours of gameplay progress.
What amazes me is Sony, game publishers and gamers who want console locked saved game think trophies is more important than able to backup the saved game progress.
I also assume those who love trophies wouldn't like earlier PS3 games that don't have trophy because they can't brag about total of trophies they have unlocked in the games. The only bragging can be done with games without trophies is self accomplishment of completing the games.
For myself, I have unlocked a lot of trophies but the trophies I unlocked are from the gameplay progress, and able to backup my saved game progress is far more important than trophies. The only value of trophies is the timestamp for myself to look at when I completed each section of the game.

Message 27 of 48 (20 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
272 posts

Jul 24, 2010

I just rented it, and liked it, and was about to buy it, and all the dlc, but I play on 2 different ps3 systems, at home and work.  I constantly transfer the games saves for every game, so I can continue playing when I get home.  I cant copy the file, so this game isnt even worth buying, because i dont o nly play on one system.

Thois lock thing is very stupid

Message 28 of 48 (20 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
391 posts

Jul 26, 2010

Vortex3D wrote:

I don't think it's Sony that makes Bioware locks DA:smileysurprised: saved game file to the console. If you look at the pattern of games that have console locked saved games, EA and Capcom published games have the most locked save game file.

Also why doesn't Final Fantasy XIII have locked save game file. It takes more time to unlock trophies in FF XIII than DA:smileysurprised:.

Some Sony published games such as Heavy Rain has console locked saved game file.

My theory is game publishers like EA and Capcom don't want to deal with hacked save game file to unlock trophies and simply use the cheapest and easily route by using PS3 "Copy Prohibited" lock. Once they already sold you the game, why do they care if you lost 50-100 hours of game progress. It's not their problem. Worse is other game publishers like Ubisoft starts to console lock save game file such as Assassin's Creed 2.

Unless there was a new patch that I don't know about, this is false.  My FFXIII game save is backed up on a memory stick and the info says nothing about locked saves.

As for the topic at hand...locked game saves are retarded.  I had to reformat my HDD once (my PS3 didn't die but an error needed fixed) and I lost 4 game saves.  3 of them I didn't care much for but the 4th was my Demon Souls New Game + file.  The whole locked game save idea needs to just disappear forever.

Shikenator Trophy Card
Message 29 of 48 (20 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
904 posts

Jul 26, 2010

I don't really understand why some games have locked saves but I do have a theory. It is that games that have single player and muliplayer tie-ins don't work. LIke when you can take items from single player and have them in multiplayer. But, this game confuses me the most since it has no online, my guess would be the Bioware servers that take info from your characters and put them up on their site and their in game DLC menu.

Message 30 of 48 (20 Views)
0 Likes