Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
May 28 2010
By: gamerm Treasure Hunter 8996 posts

How to fix Dragon Age Freezing and lock up's

7 replies 3811 views Edited May 28, 2010

From what I know is... (if you have a retail DISC)
When you first install dragon age awakening, you need to install a patch for "dragon age origins" (that patch is on the awakening disc which is not the latest ps3 1.02 patch). You then install game data for the awakening.

But it sounds like people have trouble, after they install the latest ps3 1.02 patch first. I am thinking maybe you have to install Awakening's patch before this 1.02 patch for origins.

One solution can be deleting the all the game data utility, disable the network connection on the PS3 and then reinstall both the Origins and Awakening, then get back online and get the latest 1.02 patch for Origins.

††"And rivers will flow of blood and unbelievers tears..."†† Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 1 of 8 (3,811 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3043 posts

Re: How to fix Dragon Age Freezing and lock up's

May 28, 2010

Last week when I played DOA, there was an automatic update, that fixed the freeze problem. 

Been playing with no issues.

pierceSig
Message 2 of 8 (3,811 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1978 posts

Jun 4, 2010

I had DA: O issues as well. What i think might have been my issue was downloading the DLC directly from in game. Once i had patched and installed the game, then went to PSN to finish it was all good.

Message 3 of 8 (3,811 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1799 posts

Jun 25, 2010

Love DAO; however, the game still freezes way too much!!

I don't know if the latest firmware is the cause of My PS3 freezing & crashing issue, When Playing A Few Minutes Of Any PS3-Blu-Ray Disk; and the issue occurs (so far) only when playing Blu-Ray PS3 video games..

Here's what I've noticed every time after checking the Blu-Ray PS3 disk after My PS3 freezes & soon after crashes, also.

1.Leading up to the freezes I usually see screen distortion on-screen (TV); colorful static-looking lines, plus sound distortion, also.

2.After the Blu-Ray video game disk crashes I then always check the disk for ANY type of disk-based issues (finger print, smug, scratch, crack, and/or etc..)

....To my un-wanted surprise; even after I wipe the PS3 Blu-Ray disk clean, and then reinsert & either play or at the least try to start up the disk/game and play it again the Blu-Ray games & PS3 always tend to have issues. Mainly freezing & crashing, right, right?!

But, here's the surprise (what I've also noticed)... As I stated above (before I put any disk in MY PS3 I try to make sure that the disk are free of any type of distortions, that may cause future disk & video game issues, during game play!!!!! However, for some reason each & every time that I check any PS3 video game Blu-Ray disk after playing one for awhile, and then taking the disk out after the game freezes & the PS3 crashes; the Blu-Ray disk has a few distortions on them....

1.Either one or more blots (spots on the disk) that are lightly white and/or brownish in color.

2.With a even closer look at the Blu-Ray disk; the blu-ray disk looks fully discolored (rainbow-like colors) all over, and oily-looking, also...

3.THE BLU-RAY DISK RADIATES EXTREME HEAT OFF OF THEM, when removed from the PS3 after a freeze & crash.

(Wipe Blu-Ray disk, insert into PS3, play the video game for awhile... on-screen distortions, freeze, crash, repeat.)

I use a six-month old slim model Playstation 3, which sits on it's own table; away from all other objects (Tv, stereo, books, furniture,and etc..) Plus I've owned almost every other video gaming system since the days of Neo-Geo. So please save the Noob advice about where to & or not to place a PS3, plus so on along that line of comments.

From My novice point of perspective; it looks like the PS3 generates too much heat when used with PS3 Blu-Ray video game disk, which in turn... distorts the blu-ray disk, and then leads to the video game freezing, plus the PS3 crashing.

Message 4 of 8 (3,811 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
116 posts

Jul 3, 2010

The latest patch that was for the Darkspawn Chronicles fixes the freezing problems.

Message 5 of 8 (3,811 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1799 posts

Aug 27, 2010

Storm8873 wrote:

The latest patch that was for the Darkspawn Chronicles fixes the freezing problems.

So I would have to pay & download the Darkspawn Chronicles inorder to fix a problem with the base product (Dragon Age:smileysurprised:rigins)..

That doesn't sound right, at all !!

Yeah, what you say may be true. However, even if it is true, and the only way to fix the original freezing issues within DAO is to pay & download a exspasion pack for the videogame, then one may think He or She is being forced into buying a exspansion pack that He or She might not have wanted from the start, and one should be able to play the original Title without paying for a add-on, anyway; since that is what He or She payed for (Dragon Age:smileysurprised:rigins, the base game)!!

Message 6 of 8 (3,811 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Sep 8, 2010

Well I paid the $5 and downloaded Darkspawn Chronicles ans it changed nothing. The darn game freezes before you ev4en get a chance to move. This is extremely frustrating and has caused me to cancel my preorder of DA II with Amazon. What a shame. I loved the game.

P.S. Adding DO:awakenings changes nothing. It freezes also. I have also completely deleted all DA files fom the PS3 and started again. NO IMPROVEMENT!

Message 7 of 8 (3,811 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
8 posts

Sep 5, 2012

the frame rate ıssue ıs not acceptable. 

Message 8 of 8 (3,770 Views)
0 Likes