Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Gaming Beast
2443 posts

Re: Dragon Age Overhyped & Overrated

Nov 5, 2009

I don't understand how anyone could dislike this game.

Baldurs gate Dark Alliance was one of the best and best selling on ps2

and this is more or less the ps3 "Baldurs gate" and it's brilliant.

setting traps, using tactics, go it turn based or real time.

wicked mage spells (for a change) totally engrossing story.

I guess someone has to get dissappointed. just glad it ain't me!

Photobucket

Games I am Currently Playing: DC Universe Online, Battlefield 4
PREORDERS: DESTINY (PS3) Diablo III Expansion (Reaper of souls) PSN: SSlarg add me!
Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 50 (372 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1517 posts

Nov 5, 2009
My opinion is opinions are like aceholes.
Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 50 (372 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2062 posts

Nov 5, 2009

BraveSirRobin wrote:
Thankfully I don't want free roaming or any online capabilities, just a great story with lots of character interraction and dialog like KOTOR had. From all I've read DAO delivers very well on these fronts. I don't have it yet but plan to buy it next week for PS3. My old-ass PC won't run it and don't like PC gaming anyway.

That sums up my beliefs. I play RPGs for a story and customizing my character to bad ass status. I don't care for action (turn based is my love) but this games combat isn't a buton masher which is great for me. I also could care less about online play in any games that are not MMORPG's. Couch co-op I admit would have been a nice feature, but oh well, it's not a game breaker in the slightest for me.
Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 50 (372 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2204 posts

Nov 5, 2009

i can't imagine anyone who doesn't like Dragon Age but loves RPG games. just doesn't make sense to me

it's overrated to those who obviously hate the genre and adored to those who love classic RPGs.

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 50 (372 Views)
Splicer
81 posts

Nov 5, 2009
Although this game has a great story. I don't think the fact that its made by 'bioware' is enough for me to overlook the major flaws in frame rate issues, weird battle scene attack animations, and just overall shoddy graphics. Some people may be willing to accept all this but in reality you shouldn't have too. I mean come on they could've at least polished up the cut scenes so your not experiencing hiccups while viewing them. If you've played Demons souls, Dragon age is going to look poor in comparison. Its really a case of a complex game designed for the Pc being ported and suffering because of it. I had a bad feeling based on all the preview videos that I viewed that barely showed any actual gameplay footage in favor of rendered cutscene animations of battles etc, that the game itself would look subpar. My feeling it turns out was correct and although Ive enjoyed Biowares past titles and slight issues in this department were common, I don't find it acceptable as Ive seen what great next gen games on either system are capable of looking like and this isn't one of them. Accepting the trade off just reaffirms to the developer that your happy to accept an inferior product and hand over your money and they don't need to strive to work on issues that are a common trait in there work.
Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 50 (372 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2022 posts

Nov 6, 2009

Overhyped, yes. Overrated, perhaps only time will tell.

What do we have for RPG of the Year: Between Demon's Souls, Borderlands and Dragon Age who has the best run at RPGotY - The most hyped probably.

Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 50 (372 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1038 posts

Nov 6, 2009

Lestat21500 wrote:

I couldnt find a forum on here for this so I suppose I'll rant here. When I saw the trailers and gameplay footage I expected a free roaming rpg with co-op capability. Now dont get me wrong, Bioware is a great company and made a good game. I just feel it wasnt what I was expecting and was waaaaaaaay overhyped.  Not to mention there is already DLC the day of launch. **bleep**!?  Why wasnt it included on the disc? Because its EA and they're just trying to make a few more bucks. Well whatever, I'm not buying it.

I feel the definitive edition for dragon age is definatly the PC version. The console versions chug along because they cant handle the graphics and combat on the console versions is archaic compared to the PC point and click function. NOt to mention, the pc has the abilities bar on the bottom of the screen whereas the ps3 I have to select a radial menu to highlight my abilities most of the time and that slows combat down.

Good game with great production values I just feel it was a tad overhyped for its own benefit.

The developers mentioned many times there would not be co-op.  PC versions of games are always the best, and will always be better than console games. I've played Mass Effect and never had a problem with the radial menu. 

The Doctor: "Sarah, Jo, Can you hear me?"
Sarah Jane Smith: "The key is almost ready."
The Doctor: "Listen to me, both of you. I want you to remember."
Jo: "We are doing it. That's the trouble."
The Doctor: "No, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no. I want you to remember everything. Every single day with me. Every single second...Because you're memories are more powerful than anything else on this planet. Just think of it Sarah, remember it Jo. But properly. Properly, give the memory weave everything. Every planet, every face, every mad man....every sunset...every terror, every joy. Every Doctor, Every Me."
Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 50 (372 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2204 posts

Nov 6, 2009

DoctorWho_90250 wrote:

Lestat21500 wrote:

I couldnt find a forum on here for this so I suppose I'll rant here. When I saw the trailers and gameplay footage I expected a free roaming rpg with co-op capability. Now dont get me wrong, Bioware is a great company and made a good game. I just feel it wasnt what I was expecting and was waaaaaaaay overhyped.  Not to mention there is already DLC the day of launch. **bleep**!?  Why wasnt it included on the disc? Because its EA and they're just trying to make a few more bucks. Well whatever, I'm not buying it.

I feel the definitive edition for dragon age is definatly the PC version. The console versions chug along because they cant handle the graphics and combat on the console versions is archaic compared to the PC point and click function. NOt to mention, the pc has the abilities bar on the bottom of the screen whereas the ps3 I have to select a radial menu to highlight my abilities most of the time and that slows combat down.

Good game with great production values I just feel it was a tad overhyped for its own benefit.

The developers mentioned many times there would not be co-op.  PC versions of games are always the best, and will always be better than console games. I've played Mass Effect and never had a problem with the radial menu. 

true but one thing most PC fanboys don't realize... it's the SAME EXACT GAME.

just because it runs slightly better, is the experience any different? nope.

i have both ps3 version and pc version; pc may look better (graphics) very slightly

but it feels like your playing the exact same game on either platform.

i hate how some gamers are making it seem like PC version is a whole different "beast" compared to the PS3 version.

i've played both and they're the same game.

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 50 (372 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8996 posts

Nov 6, 2009
I have all the Rpg's the original Baldurs Gate for pc and Darkstone, Neverwinter Knights, Dungeon Siege, Original Elder Scrolls, Diablo, Diablo 2 and played EQ, Wow, now playing Ultima Online and will not buy this game.
††"And rivers will flow of blood and unbelievers tears..."†† Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 50 (372 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2551 posts

Nov 6, 2009
                                                    Put it this way,...haven't put it down since release. This game is for RPG purists,...period. And if you don't like reading,..get Demon's. This wonderful game has hundreds of pages of text,...and I love that.
Please use plain text.
Message 20 of 50 (372 Views)
0 Likes